Stuvetjee

REVIEW: Newest Rolex Daytona 116520 JF Factory [pic heavy]

Kemist

Looks very nice. I've experienced JF quality with my tudor and I have to say its finish is superb! The bracelet has significantly higher quality compared with my Noob's bracelet.

Wear it well!

watch101

Would love to see the lume shot when you have a chance. Looks like a keeper!! How long was the wait from when you placed your order?

Kemist

Would love to see the lume shot when you have a chance. Looks like a keeper!! How long was the wait from when you placed your order?

I'm sure lume will be super duper too! My Stock lume on the black bay is almost 85% equivalent to a custom lume shot by, for eg, our lume master KenNy here.

But yea, if you could post a lume shot that'd be awesome!

D_Chico

I wanted this daytona for some time now. You have convinced me to go with the JF. Even the engraving on the Bezel looks spot on.

Get one. Now. I mean it.

I have no choice I have to. Super Rep. daytona this is a dream come true.

You've created a Monster out of him Michael!!! :lol: Sean has been texting me all day about this :P

I definitely agree though I think it's a true beauty :)

Congrats buddy! Enjoy it!! :thumbsup:

D_Chico
Really nice pics!

1g29axS.gif

Hehehe thanks mate :). Your GIF choices always make me laugh :lol:

U2otYt9.gif

"Gif-man Gazz" strikes again! :lol:

Nice choice bud! Fred Astaire is one of my favs :)

Hallucinations

Wow congrats on that watch, looks really good!

Daywatch

This is my fav. Daytona as well. Glad it´s so good. Congrats RA and thanks for reviewing it. Great pics:)

mattstone83

Might have missed it earlier in the thread, but how much was this stunner?

UmpaHimself

y0zNjGX.png

Great looking watch and pics. Even the clasp looks amazing. Congrats!

Kwt
Very nice mate.

I have just bought put an order in for a Nembo modded seconds frozen @12 21J movement. It will having running @6 and he tells me it has not reliability problems. Obviously though it won't be anywhere near JF factory quality but it's only 135 dollars so I can't complain.

Nice daily beater mate! :) you also picked the 116520?

Hi mate yeah I think it's the 116520 and not the 16520.

Stuvetjee

I wanted this daytona for some time now. You have convinced me to go with the JF. Even the engraving on the Bezel looks spot on.

Get one. Now. I mean it.

I have no choice I have to. Super Rep. daytona this is a dream come true.

You've created a Monster out of him Michael!!! :lol: Sean has been texting me all day about this :P

I definitely agree though I think it's a true beauty :)

Congrats buddy! Enjoy it!! :thumbsup:

Hahaha well Dave, you shouldnt answer his PM's anymore then :P surprises me he PM's you and not me LOL ;)

Thanks mate! Still runs like a dream, so im hoping the @6 will last long!

Stuvetjee
This is my fav. Daytona as well. Glad it´s so good. Congrats RA and thanks for reviewing it. Great pics:)

Thanks mate! A true stunner indeed and still runs smooth!

Stuvetjee
y0zNjGX.png

Great looking watch and pics. Even the clasp looks amazing. Congrats!

Exactly my face when unwrapping the watch from the plastic :lol:

That clasp is seriously sick. Never experienced such great laser engraving. Compared it with a pic of the gen and its seriously almost 1:1...

Very nice mate.

I have just bought put an order in for a Nembo modded seconds frozen @12 21J movement. It will having running @6 and he tells me it has not reliability problems. Obviously though it won't be anywhere near JF factory quality but it's only 135 dollars so I can't complain.

Nice daily beater mate! :) you also picked the 116520?

Hi mate yeah I think it's the 116520 and not the 16520.

Awesome :). Will wait for your review then! :)

Might have missed it earlier in the thread, but how much was this stunner?

The JF version is going for $368, which in my eyes is a fair price compared to other 7750 reps nowadays...

Wow congrats on that watch, looks really good!

Thanks! :)

Stuvetjee

I'm sure lume will be super duper too! My Stock lume on the black bay is almost 85% equivalent to a custom lume shot by, for eg, our lume master KenNy here.

But yea, if you could post a lume shot that'd be awesome!

Here the lume shot mates :)

Its so bright it turned blue on the camera, its actually green :)

89e957c254c4ff4c145976ee106efc87.jpg

313b604f55589bce72f9aef919c5976c.jpg

Stuvetjee
What a great looking watch, enjoy it! I wish these things were a little bigger, but I guess rolex is doing just fine without my business :)

Hehehe, i actually love the size. My wrists can handle max. 45mm watches, so im perfectly fine with this size :lol:

Stuvetjee
Looks very nice. I've experienced JF quality with my tudor and I have to say its finish is superb! The bracelet has significantly higher quality compared with my Noob's bracelet.

Wear it well!

JF is becoming the master replicators i believe ;). Also the rehaut engraving on this piece is really not much visible (just as gen) as the noob version.

Normally the BP and Noob versions have those "screamy" read me rehaut :P

2hot2trot

That rehaut is the closest I have seen to the gen and the bracelet is truly awesome. Wear in good health mate.

Kemist

How about the movement, is it reasonably ok? I may be wrong but i've heard second @6 is a big no-no?

CedricWX

The rehaut is still a little too deep, (as is the case) and the clasp isn't quite right as there is a curve to the gen and the Rolex crown doesn't overlap the edge on the gen. But all that is nitpicking, it looks great. I have 4 seconds at 6 and they are all still running and keeping excellent time, so I wouldn't worry.

Del

Absolutely stunning mate! :thumbsup2:

vapplebomb
The rehaut is still a little too deep, (as is the case) and the clasp isn't quite right as there is a curve to the gen and the Rolex crown doesn't overlap the edge on the gen. But all that is nitpicking, it looks great. I have 4 seconds at 6 and they are all still running and keeping excellent time, so I wouldn't worry.

How long have you had your four sec@6 ? Really interested in getting this one! Am on the fence coz of the reputation of the movement...

Mark9117

That is awesome Stuvetjee! Makes me reconsider the 6263 Paul Newman I'm planning to buy.

George.

That is a superb piece, thanks for confirming my lust for it :) time to order soon

watch101

Very nice pics!! Thanks for adding that lume!!

CedricWX

How long have you had your four sec@6 ? Really interested in getting this one! Am on the fence coz of the reputation of the movement...

I have to be honest, and say the movement issue is very real. The 4 I have are still running fine, but everything I read here is valid. The extra gears, no jewel in the seconds. gear, the friction issue, missing oil to reduce drag, all of that means the life of the movement has to be limited. It is a question of time. I bought 4 so I could rotate them, giving each less work. I do have a gen, so I can easily compare them, and that's the weird thing. The faux chrono cheapies, are the ones that look most like the gen. The rehaut is not deep, and the dials are accurate - but of course the movement is not chrono so that's already a compromise. Also the centre hand that is normally the chrono hand is also running seconds (as well as the running seconds at six)

For me there is only one satisfactory answer, - buy a vintage Daytona rep with seconds at 9. The gen did run seconds at 9 and used the Zenith El Primero movement, but when Rolex developed their in house movement they moved the seconds to 6.