Stuvetjee

REVIEW: Newest Rolex Daytona 116520 JF Factory [pic heavy]

Seand83

Stuve, what do you think about this new improved movement? Do you know if it is any different compared to the bad 7750Second@6 that we've always heard about?

The so called "improve" is limited: they basically skeletonized the wheel that is running without jewel in order to make to have less friction. Still it's not a "solution".

+1.

Contacted Domi about the jewelmod @6. He said he quitted working on them cause it was not a reliable mod to do. Some daytonas worked great, others broke months after.

He is still doing the freezing @6 though, but it would annoy me not to see the seconds running.

+1

Stuvetjee

Stuve, what do you think about this new improved movement? Do you know if it is any different compared to the bad 7750Second@6 that we've always heard about?

The so called "improve" is limited: they basically skeletonized the wheel that is running without jewel in order to make to have less friction. Still it's not a "solution".

+1.

Contacted Domi about the jewelmod @6. He said he quitted working on them cause it was not a reliable mod to do. Some daytonas worked great, others broke months after.

He is still doing the freezing @6 though, but it would annoy me not to see the seconds running.

+1

For the ones that are interested, im starting a project soon together with Joran. By modding a strong Swiss 7750 with a custom made (jewel mod) gear plate. Those two combined will give us a stronger more reliable @6 module we hope :)

CedricWX

For the ones that are interested, im starting a project soon together with Joran. By modding a strong Swiss 7750 with a custom made (jewel mod) gear plate. Those two combined will give us a stronger more reliable @6 module we hope :)

I would be interested for sure :)

Stuvetjee

There must be a reliable mod to do it. They already make it work @6, so it only needs to be reliable again :)

IF SOMEONE GOT AN SWISS 7750/7753 PM ME!

Garydean1010

Have you got a link from where you bought this from?

Kemist

Goodluck with your project and I for one will be waiting for the good news!

again

Personally i think that Daytona is One of the best rep out of the box

The different thickness from the gen is neglectable

The only issue is the mov

I have black One with 7750 mov and at the monent the only issue is that lost 1 min each day

Congrats for your pics

DerekT

This is a really nice watch and looked stunning. I've been waiting for a updated version with improved sec @ 6 for reliability. With how far the rep scene had reached, I am surprised that no one out there have this issued resolve.

Edited by DerekT

I have a watch problem

Wow - absolutely beautiful rep!!! I am adding this one to my list, have to get my PAM438 first though :))) Congrats on the watch, looks awesome.

I have a watch problem

Can I ask what the phrase "6 o clock timebomb means?" I have seen it mentioned on other watches I think...I would appreciate it

GenTLe
Can I ask what the phrase "6 o clock timebomb means?" I have seen it mentioned on other watches I think...I would appreciate it

Go in the noob section and read those threads (pinned ones) and you'll get the answer :)

Trüffi

Thanks for the review mate. Ordered the black one now :)

cus+0m

great review. had to come in here just to see your review.

curious, does anyone has a Noob to compare, just to see what r e differences between e 2.

a friend just got one frm another source outside of the forums&wld like to know which he got.

wear it in good health!

Stuvetjee
great review. had to come in here just to see your review.

curious, does anyone has a Noob to compare, just to see what r e differences between e 2.

a friend just got one frm another source outside of the forums&wld like to know which he got.

wear it in good health!

Im getting my noob version back soon. Will make a review where i compare them :)

cus+0m

that'd be awesome! thanks!

Nikohublot

Beautiful watch! A daytona was my First Rep.

Of course Not a superrep like this :) bought it for 100€ ( waay to much xD) in golden Sands bulgaria ...

Stoped working After 1year :D

Stuvetjee

Quick update:

Still didnt mod the @6 for more reliability/stability because it is still running strong :lol:

Duzza

Good news as I've just ordered one!

I bought my father in law the Noob secs @ 6 nearly 2 years ago now. Still running strong.

Stuvetjee

Good news as I've just ordered one!

I bought my father in law the Noob secs @ 6 nearly 2 years ago now. Still running strong.

Im thinking about shaving the chrono pushers a bit, since the gen are really flat compared to the rep models. You think its possible?

Duzza

Boy were you right Stuvetjee! What an amazingly well finished piece. Best finished rep Rolex I've seen, hands down. Delighted!!

DSC_0077_zpseg00h8ai.jpgDSC_0078_zps1wul3f4e.jpg

Stuvetjee

Boy were you right Stuvetjee! What an amazingly well finished piece. Best finished rep Rolex I've seen, hands down. Delighted!!

DSC_0077_zpseg00h8ai.jpgDSC_0078_zps1wul3f4e.jpg

OH BOY! SO SEXY DAYTONA! :drool: Congrats mate! :clap:

Duzza

Does yours make quite a high pitched noise when its winding? Mine makes a noise I've not heard before.

Stuvetjee

Does yours make quite a high pitched noise when its winding? Mine makes a noise I've not heard before.

You mean handwinding?

My rotor is silent and spins like butter.

Duzza

either, hand winding and when the rotor is winding.

Cannibal

Wow I've always jonesed for a Dee and that is pretty amazing. Sadly with the Canuckbuck at 30%, that adds an extra $100 to the price tag. Will have to wait.