Stuvetjee

REVIEW: Newest Rolex Daytona 116520 JF Factory [pic heavy]

northantsrich

MR has great communication and when the parcel gets busted with customs he will send a new one free. Toro doesnt do that.

Hi Stu, I think Toro has custom protection too:)

Only with triangular it hought? and MR his communication is 10x better imho

Still running I assume:)

Jep it is still running and didnt lost a minute since the purchase! :) Altough it runs jerky its still working fine. Also never touched the chrono(which i believe make it last longer).

I want to take the plunge! so sweet looking piece. Should I go with Marvellous or Toro for this piece?

MR has great communication and when the parcel gets busted with customs he will send a new one free. Toro doesnt do that.

When you say it runs jerky what do you mean? I thought the vid you posted seemed fine! Also it's pretty small as a second hand goes so it must be pretty hard to see

Well somtimes it stutters a bit or act like a quartz :lol: . But it varies ;)

Lol I try to stay away from complicated movements in reps for exactly this reason. This will be the only complicated one I have in the collection so it will be fun to see how it lasts. Only getting it as I want to see how good the quality is of the rep finish.

Stuvetjee

I think most if not all TDs do. I think Toro is selling them for $388 but the others are cheaper. I paid about $380 all in with Mary via PP. That's with shipping EMS to the UK

Yeah could be mate. My personal experiences with Toro werent that good. And with MR never went wrong, thats why :)

Only with triangular it hought? and MR his communication is 10x better imho

Still running I assume:)

Jep it is still running and didnt lost a minute since the purchase! :) Altough it runs jerky its still working fine. Also never touched the chrono(which i believe make it last longer).

I want to take the plunge! so sweet looking piece. Should I go with Marvellous or Toro for this piece?

When you say it runs jerky what do you mean? I thought the vid you posted seemed fine! Also it's pretty small as a second hand goes so it must be pretty hard to see

Well somtimes it stutters a bit or act like a quartz :lol: . But it varies ;)

Lol I try to stay away from complicated movements in reps for exactly this reason. This will be the only complicated one I have in the collection so it will be fun to see how it lasts. Only getting it as I want to see how good the quality is of the rep finish.

Try not to wear it 24/7 it will last longer then ;)

GenTLe

I think most if not all TDs do. I think Toro is selling them for $388 but the others are cheaper. I paid about $380 all in with Mary via PP. That's with shipping EMS to the UK

Need to give them a try :)

Mary = WatchInternational correct?

northantsrich

I was planning on having it as a watch I can rotate. I hope the JF factory start to do some other decent rolex reps other than subs if the quality on this is as good as you say it is.

I only got it from Mary as she accepts PayPal so it was super simple.

That is correct.

GenTLe
I was planning on having it as a watch I can rotate. I hope the JF factory start to do some other decent rolex reps other than subs if the quality on this is as good as you say it is.

That is correct.

They (JF) already do a great Milgauss, but I am not sure if the extra cost has sense respect to the Noob one. It would be good to see the movement differences (by the way my Noob one that I got from Tony crazy sale runs great even on timegrapher).

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Stuvetjee

That is correct.

They (JF) already do a great Milgauss, but I am not sure if the extra cost has sense respect to the Noob one. It would be good to see the movement differences (by the way my Noob one that I got from Tony crazy sale runs great even on timegrapher).

There isnt a movement difference. Both use same A7750 movements.

GenTLe

That is correct.

I was replying to:

I hope the JF factory start to do some other decent rolex reps other than subs

So, other than Daytona and Sub, they do a Milgauss but I am not sure if the extra cost has sense respect to the Noob one. It would be good to see the movement differences (by the way my Noob one that I got from Tony crazy sale runs great even on timegrapher).

By movement difference for the Milgauss I mean that even if they both use 2836, the Noob is the "Tweny five jewels" (yes, tweNY), maybe the JF is the better Sea-Gull one.

Stuvetjee

That is correct.

I was replying to:

I hope the JF factory start to do some other decent rolex reps other than subs

So, other than Daytona and Sub, they do a Milgauss but I am not sure if the extra cost has sense respect to the Noob one. It would be good to see the movement differences (by the way my Noob one that I got from Tony crazy sale runs great even on timegrapher).

By movement difference for the Milgauss I mean that even if they both use 2836, the Noob is the "Tweny five jewels" (yes, tweNY), maybe the JF is the better Sea-Gull one.

aaaah totally missed that :lol:

Duzza

Mine is still running great. The second hand on mine is quite a bit smoother but I notice when the watch stops the second hand always stops in the same place, at about 4 seconds.

Stuvetjee

Mine is still running great. The second hand on mine is quite a bit smoother but I notice when the watch stops the second hand always stops in the same place, at about 4 seconds.

Perhaps a crappy tooth of the gear makes it stop at the same time?

Stuvetjee

Quick @6 video i made yesterday. Still jerky but runs like a champ.

http://vimeo.com/129482982

northantsrich

Just got my one today. Bloody amazing rep. I hope JF Factory turn their attention to other good reps as this one is spot on. For me the seconds at 6 seem fine. Ill only be putting this on for a few days or weeks at a time so with a little luck it will run for ages.

You are right about the engraving and LEC, personally I like the silver crown at 6, its the best in a rolex I have seen. Oh and the laser engraving in the clasp is awesome way better than the BK DSSD I had (the bad engraving was one reason I sold it).

Thanks for the original post.

Pics to come soon.

Edited by northantsrich

northantsrich

I forgot how noisy the 7750 rotors are!!!

northantsrich
1b1b6876922b9d1b8d26de4fd244cda5.jpg

peteya

Beauty

Stuvetjee

1b1b6876922b9d1b8d26de4fd244cda5.jpg

Gorgeous mate!! Runs smoothly?

Barth

These look extremely cool. Happy with my NemboTona for now, but someday I might upgrade, if it's proven these can last.

Stuvetjee

These look extremely cool. Happy with my NemboTona for now, but someday I might upgrade, if it's proven these can last.

Nembo tona looks shite when you also have this one besides it ;)

CedricWX

My seconds at six are all holding out really well. No issues at all

danielbguerra

Bought one with Ryan that suddenly stopped working.

Although he agreed to receive it back for verification, a friend of mine bought it in order to fix.

Do you guys think I should buy another one and check my luck this time?

northantsrich

I would get another

Duzza

I would buy another too. They are that nice that if the A7750 in mine packs up I will seriously consider getting it replaced with an ETA7750 and have the additional gearing transferred over.

Stuvetjee

I would buy another too. They are that nice that if the A7750 in mine packs up I will seriously consider getting it replaced with an ETA7750 and have the additional gearing transferred over.

Talked to a guy who makes his own custom movements, and gave him this idea also to do the transferring gears on a eta 7750. He said that it still eventually will die. Because the gear train is poorly done. The gears arent tight or proper in position and because they are ''floating'' in the train it eventually will jam up.

He is now searching a swiss movement for me to replace it with the A7750 and make a custom movement especially for this Daytona. In other words, i will soon have the most reliable @6 daytona rep that doesnt explode :lol:

The guy is an artist with fabricating his own gears, and movements. He starts from scratch and make everything custom. Will certainly keep everyone posted here. Although my Daytona is still running top-notch, i want to replace the jerky A7750 with the custom build movement. He is now searching for a Swiss calibre that he can use as a base ;)