Stuvetjee

REVIEW: Newest Rolex Daytona 116520 JF Factory [pic heavy]

Duzza

I would buy another too. They are that nice that if the A7750 in mine packs up I will seriously consider getting it replaced with an ETA7750 and have the additional gearing transferred over.

Talked to a guy who makes his own custom movements, and gave him this idea also to do the transferring gears on a eta 7750. He said that it still eventually will die. Because the gear train is poorly done. The gears arent tight or proper in position and because they are ''floating'' in the train it eventually will jam up.

He is now searching a swiss movement for me to replace it with the A7750 and make a custom movement especially for this Daytona. In other words, i will soon have the most reliable @6 daytona rep that doesnt explode :lol:

The guy is an artist with fabricating his own gears, and movements. He starts from scratch and make everything custom. Will certainly keep everyone posted here. Although my Daytona is still running top-notch, i want to replace the jerky A7750 with the custom build movement. He is now searching for a Swiss calibre that he can use as a base ;)

That sounds more expensive than buying a gen Daytona :D

Tony Montana

looks amazing !!

Stuvetjee

I would buy another too. They are that nice that if the A7750 in mine packs up I will seriously consider getting it replaced with an ETA7750 and have the additional gearing transferred over.

Talked to a guy who makes his own custom movements, and gave him this idea also to do the transferring gears on a eta 7750. He said that it still eventually will die. Because the gear train is poorly done. The gears arent tight or proper in position and because they are ''floating'' in the train it eventually will jam up.

He is now searching a swiss movement for me to replace it with the A7750 and make a custom movement especially for this Daytona. In other words, i will soon have the most reliable @6 daytona rep that doesnt explode :lol:

The guy is an artist with fabricating his own gears, and movements. He starts from scratch and make everything custom. Will certainly keep everyone posted here. Although my Daytona is still running top-notch, i want to replace the jerky A7750 with the custom build movement. He is now searching for a Swiss calibre that he can use as a base ;)

That sounds more expensive than buying a gen Daytona :D

He told me its not that expensive he hopes :P. so i will wait and see what it will cost haha.

hjkl

Thanks for sharing! Guys, I've been thinking about getting a daytona. Can I say as for daytonas JF does the best job over the other factories such as Noob and BP in terms of the design is more true to gen?

Barth

These look extremely cool. Happy with my NemboTona for now, but someday I might upgrade, if it's proven these can last.

Nembo tona looks shite when you also have this one besides it ;)

Yes but...

It runs ;)

(not to mention it costs x2.5 less)

Edited by Barth

Stuvetjee

These look extremely cool. Happy with my NemboTona for now, but someday I might upgrade, if it's proven these can last.

Nembo tona looks shite when you also have this one besides it ;)

Yes but...

It runs ;)

(not to mention it costs x2.5 less)

Mine still works too. Yes but it also looks that way ;)

Haoyin

Hi I am new here in the forums. How can I contact JF to purchase this type of Daytona please?

Any help is muchly appreciated.

Thanks.

Haoyin

GenTLe

Hi I am new here in the forums. How can I contact JF to purchase this type of Daytona please?

You can't.

But you can ask one of our trusted dealer to sell you one of them.

Really better you start reading the links here: -> http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

Haoyin

I Can't?

So who can I contact then to get one that is the same good replica as the one posted?

Please help.

Thanks.

Jeran1mo
I Can't?

So who can I contact then to get one that is the same good replica as the one posted?

Please help.

Thanks.

You can't.

But you can ask one of our trusted dealer to sell you one of them.

Really better you start reading the links here: -> http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

Heh.. I'd like to go straight to JF too!!! øŸ˜

Haoyin, start with the link above!! JF is a factory where the TDs get the watches from.

Then try this.. http://www.intime.co/rollie/1542-daytona-116520-jf-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

Edited by Jeran1mo

DerekT

well I just got my daytona from Toro today. I have one question can you guys post some photos of the clasp and the bracelet? I think mine is not flush with the links.

uploadfromtaptalk1434581583330.jpg

DerekT

Is this normal?3ee9671a8692e72b7b630e9b35a38979.jpg

rusty peters

It looks good DerekT. No worries.

Trickstar

ya its too thick .... is it still running ?

Edited by Trickstar

jflhk

I browsed most TD sites but can't find any 16520 available on their list of Daytona. Can I still find some rep. 16520 to buy? Thanks!

Stuvetjee

ya its too thick .... is it still running ?

jup, still running like a dream.

Shers

Anyone got the jf as yet

northantsrich
Anyone got the jf as yet

?

Ephry73
I browsed most TD sites but can't find any 16520 available on their list of Daytona. Can I still find some rep. 16520 to buy? Thanks!

Try searching for a 116520 instead. I miss mine. This post has been good to read. I would love to get a case set to go over. E

Alexverona79

would you have a picture of the thickness cash ? usually they have the bezel too thick ! thanks

Daytona_Dreamer

Thanks for this thorough review of the modern Daytona JF style. I'm still into the vintage Daytona, but must admit this one is tempting. Now they have the black dial version, so I am more tempted. I will resist a little longer but I know it's just a matter of time for me to pull the trigger. And of course 7750 be damned...

Prcowboy

I tried contacting Marvelousreplica and no one answers through email or PM... THey apparently seem to be the only ones who sell JF oyster bracelets for Daytona/submariner/gmt master ii that are of the highest quality. Anyone know how I can get into contact with them??? I really need to buy 2 of these badly...

Duzza

He will reply, he's usually excellent at coming back by email.

Kendalld77

Very nice

Melonas

wow fantastic, where can i find this masterpiece?