Sign in to follow this  
wombosi

Genuine color of a PAM 111(H) sandwich dial

wombosi

After receiving my PAM 111(H) rep today, I started to wonder what the exact color of the gen PAM 111 sandwich dial is? Just to make sure: I mean the luminous part.

On my rep the color is a bit yellowish. However, I've found some pictures of gen PAM's that seem to have more whitish numerals. This confuses me, because on other pictures of gen PAM's (for example on the Panerai website) they seem to be more yellowish again, just as in the rep.

Is it just a difference in lighting on the photos, are there different colors per version (111g, 111h, etc.) or are the reps just off in color?

Maybe someone could clarify this for me once and for all?

I would be thankful! :lol:

Edited by wombosi

greg_r

It depends on how it's lit - bear in mind that the lume on the gen is very strong and can be visible even in daylight, so that makes taking a photo showing the natural colour of the indices without active lume rather difficult.

From memory (a friend has a gen 111h) the photos on the Panerai website and in their catalogue (which is free by the way - well worth sending off for) are about as accurate as you'll find. Bear in mind that the colours on the website will only look correct if your monitor is well calibrated, though - which makes the catalogue an even more useful resource.

Anyhow, the numerals are just a little off-white. Many reps are too yellow or too green.

houndoggie

old PAMs used tritium, which when ages will yellow.

New gen PAM superluminova is a creamy white.

houndoggie
Although it's a sandwich dial the lume on my 005 is creamy white as houndoggie says.

Few pics here: http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/AndyGT2/PAM005

That's a nice watch!!! I wish they had a logo sandwich dial (they don't, do they?)

wombosi
New gen PAM superluminova is a creamy white.

Does anyone have any idea which color of superluminova Panerai uses? C1 (white) or C3 (light green)? Or maybe even a mixture of those?

And do they use the same color or mixture for both the hands as well as the numerals?

Matt finish? Gloss finish?

Edited by wombosi

nicnjon

I bot the PAM 111 from PWC too. The numerals are yellow and hands more on the greenish side.

Tho the lume is good under strong lighting, but it does not last.

wombosi
Does anyone have any idea which color of superluminova Panerai uses? C1 (white) or C3 (light green)? Or maybe even a mixture of those?

And do they use the same color or mixture for both the hands as well as the numerals?

Matt finish? Gloss finish?

Secondly, If someone knows where to get some close to gen lume (with the color at day being the most important), let me know.

Edited by wombosi

Akira
If someone knows where to get some close to gen lume (with the color at day being the most important), let me know.

Hi wombosi,

I just bought superluminova C7 white (lume green) and sent it to Skathewatch.

He relumes my Pam111h.

Maybe drop him a PM and aks if he has time luming yours.

Superluminova is quite expensive though :)

wombosi
...I just bought superluminova C7 white (lume green) and sent it to Skathewatch..

I this the gen color? I thought C7 was way more green in daylight? Link. If I would have to guess, I would say they've used C3 or a mixture of C3 and C1 in the gen.

Honestly I don't really know what to do. Reluming the dial from the $99 rep, or buying a DSN dial for example?

Edited by wombosi

Tristan123

MAY BE OFF TOPIC!!

But can anyone tell me the diference between the 111g and the 111h??

Thanks

Baldrick

The 111G has "Officine Panerai" emblazoned on the bridge plates.

The 111H has "Cote de Geneve" machined striping on the bridge plates.

111G

132PANERAI111G4.jpg

111H

PANERAI111A.jpg

Tristan123

Think i prefer the G myself,, but is there one which is more popular??

wombosi
Think i prefer the G myself,, but is there one which is more popular??

I personally think the H is more popular. But you should buy the one which has your own preference ofcourse. If you're going for the H, I could recommend you to look at Roberts $99 PAM's. They are good quality for the money!

Edited by wombosi

Baldrick
but is there one which is more popular??

The H series is more popular, if you're going to get one, look for a movement that has the swan neck dagger and bevelled edge gears and correct"Officine Panerai" spelling and orientation.

Tristan123

The H series is more popular, if you're going to get one, look for a movement that has the swan neck dagger and bevelled edge gears and correct"Officine Panerai" spelling and orientation.

Would like to buy one from Replica Make!!!!!! do you know if Lays model H is correct??

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?products_id=2151

Edited by Tristan123

Silverspeed

Would like to buy one from Replica Make!!!!!! do you know if Lays model H is correct??

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?products_id=2151

Yes for $158 that's a decent 111, sapphire crystal, good cannon pinion, nice H movement.

Put it on a decent strap and you'll have a very nice rep.