Sign in to follow this  
kvwatch

IWC Spitfire/ Chronograph. Opinions needed.

kvwatch

Dear,

I have been a long time IWC enthusiast, I own a couple genuine Movado and one Breitling. Lately I have been looking at the IWC Spitfire or the Chronograph model and they are STUNNINGGGGGGG!!!!

I want them so bad, especially the brown leather with gold or polished steel case!

I have been looking at a couple websites of trusted dealer but most newly arrived Spitfires are like $400-$500. Since I am a first time RWG buyer I don't want to invest that much into it....

My budget is probably $200-$300... Anybody with experience on here can pitch in which site has the best replica of these 2 models for the price?

Currently looking at:

http://www.greatasia3368.com/iwc/pilot/iwcswiss_032.htm

400IWCSW_032_IWC_2_LRG.jpg

http://www.trusty-watch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_191&products_id=2094

d9c904f7756c18ef3096c24294eb90a1.image.142x94.jpg

This is what I want but too expensive ($440)

b0d0ce627388e49edb50bbf4d8a9cb88.image.200x133.jpg

p1054042531.jpgDream:

black263

Read the link below on Who has the best xxxxx

Prancuzas

3717-02 is Your answer ;) although going with good strap might jump a bit above Your budget ;)

UmNkW0n.jpg

Ah4rb4w.jpg?1

Edited by Prancuzas

stevil9
3717-02 is Your answer ;) although going with good strap might jump a bit above Your budget ;)UmNkW0n.jpgAh4rb4w.jpg?1

Thats beautiful - is it a chrome dial? I can only see white dials. Where did you get it? Cheers

MDK

The new 3878 is a lovely looking piece, but the new secs@6 module is proving to be a bit unreliable, i have had to freeze my seconds hand due to issues with the quality of the mod its poorly executed.

rusty peters

Seconds @ 6.....Nein!!!

Jonnybaws

All good choices but if I ever bought another IWC again, it would be this one (err.. again :picard: )

IMG_20140509_131856.jpg

JSJ

My 3777-01 rep is my favourite watch including my reps and gens. I prefer it over the Spitfire because it's a tad bigger. Dial is super easy to read, has great lume and the bracelet is the best of all my bracelets. The micro-adjust is a dream and when I wear a watch without it I really miss it.

IMG_20140823_083734_zpsc2550c98.jpg

I would also go for the 3878 just for the fun of it but for me the secs@6 would have to work.

Prancuzas
3717-02 is Your answer ;) although going with good strap might jump a bit above Your budget ;)UmNkW0n.jpgAh4rb4w.jpg?1

Thats beautiful - is it a chrome dial? I can only see white dials. Where did you get it? Cheers

It's same model as everywhere. Just dealers can't take nice pictures usually:)

This is how this dial plays with different angles ;)

graman

I'd love the doppel... Grail watch, but I have a 3717 spit laureus and a regular 3717 flieger.. Both are awesome!

JSJ

If I had a doppel it would need to be a gen. Couldn't live with the faux pusher, despite the fact that I'd hardly ever push it.

Bit sad really isn't it? :giggle:

brum123

Hi - I love the IWC range and the spitfire selection is at the top for me. Have a look at my very short review in this link. The watch was sourced through Tim at Watchfinder - great service etc. There are obvious flaws compared to the gen but if you like the style, this should work at a very reasonable price - cheers

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=81743&hl=&fromsearch=1