Sign in to follow this  
noneone

Rolex Milgauss - What do you think

noneone

Hello all,

I am in the process of ordering a Rolex Milgauss 116400 Black from a verified dealer, the replica is their top of the range one with a Swiss ETA 2836-2 25J Movement.

I have attached 4 pictures that the dealer has sent me and wanted to know what you think. As a Noob here are my opinions: -

1. First image – The Rolex Crown does not look straight on the clasp it looks like it is angled.

IMG_0001.jpg

2. Second image – It looks like the R from the ROLEX ROLEX does not line up perfectly with the 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 minute markers this may be due to the angle in the picture.

IMG_0002.jpg

3. Third image – The lume on the minute markers looks like it may be unevenly filled.

IMG_0003.jpg

I would love to hear the opinions of some Rolex experts on my thoughts or to add other stuff that I may have missed.

IMG_0004.jpg

houndoggie

all these issues are par for the course on a replica.

noneone

I am sure they are but I am going for the top end version of the replica and paying top end money for it too.

If they are all the same then why market them differently?

KBH

If I was the dealer, I would put you on my "DO NOT SELL" list. But that's just me.

:thepianohasbeendrinking:

If you expect perfection you better get a gen. And even then it may not be good enough.

noneone

Always respect the opinions of a mod but why such a strong reaction to my statement?

Being a noob I guess I am only asking questions that most would?

houndoggie
I am sure they are but I am going for the top end version of the replica and paying top end money for it too.

If they are all the same then why market them differently?

most of the time you are only paying the difference for a better movement. You are better off getting an asian clone ETA as it will work the same but cost you less.

They don't give 2 shits if the rolex-rolex-rolex is off by 15 seconds or if the lume isn't perfectly smooth. How much for that watch anyway?

noneone

I haven't bought the watch yet, but will be buying it once I approve the pictures. Its $350.

To me that is not an insignificant some of money. I have seen replica with the ROLEX ROLEX aligned perfectly on this and other forums so I am not asking for something impossible.

What I was really after was others who are far more knowledgeable then me to provide some feedback on anything I may have missed or if I am incorrect in my analysis.

I am planning on keeping this watch for a long time, hopefully one day I may be able to afford the genuine one, but until then I want to get the best quality replica I can afford.

houndoggie
I haven't bought the watch yet, but will be buying it once I approve the pictures. Its $350.

To me that is not an insignificant some of money. I have seen replica with the ROLEX ROLEX aligned perfectly on this and other forums so I am not asking for something impossible.

What I was really after was others who are far more knowledgeable then me to provide some feedback on anything I may have missed or if I am incorrect in my analysis.

I am planning on keeping this watch for a long time, hopefully one day I may be able to afford the genuine one, but until then I want to get the best quality replica I can afford.

Nah, $350 is ridiculous.

Demanding perfection from a rep is futile, and spending $350 on that is a waste. Shop around some more for it.

djprone

I too have been looking for a Milguass replica for after my Breitling for bentley. I really wanted a Bamford but have, up to now, been unable to find a good replica. Some of the recommended dealers on here have the Milguass but only have really cheap Bamfords if any. Lovely looking watch!

noneone
Nah, $350 is ridiculous.

Demanding perfection from a rep is futile, and spending $350 on that is a waste. Shop around some more for it.

I have heard that Robert from PWC sells an amazing replica with the Asian ETA Clone Movement for $179, but he doesn't seem to respond, what is the best way to contact him?

Also would welcome any recommendations you may have.

KBH

I really don't want to sound mean but I don't see the problem with the clasp. Nor the lume on the minute marker. Remember you're not going to walk around with a loupe and showing this off to your friends. Even you wont be able to see very minor flaws without then being magnified.

As for the Rolex on the rehaut, as long as the crown on the rehaut is centered at the top (which it seems to be), it's as good as it's going to get. All the watches from that factory are going to be the same so you're either going to have to live with it or see if there is another factory making the same watch.

When it's all said and done, these are still just toy watches from China. Not $5000 gens.

PWC supposedly has the best Milguass. You might try him.

EDIT: Oops, see you already tried him. I guess he's already seen this thread.

noneone
I really don't want to sound mean but I don't see the problem with the clasp. Nor the lume on the minute marker. Remember you're not going to walk around with a loupe and showing this off to your friends. Even you wont be able to see very minor flaws without then being magnified.

As for the Rolex on the rehaut, as long as the crown on the rehaut is centered at the top (which it seems to be), it's as good as it's going to get. All the watches from that factory are going to be the same so you're either going to have to live with it or see if there is another factory making the same watch.

When it's all said and done, these are still just toy watches from China. Not $5000 gens.

PWC supposedly has the best Milguass. You might try him.

EDIT: Oops, see you already tried him. I guess he's already seen this thread.

Your not sounding mean at all. I value the advice and feedback from the experienced members on this forum. If the dealer cannot source a better watch or resolve the issues i have highlighted then i may as well do as you suggested and save my money and buy from Robert at PWC.

Only problem is I don't know how to contact him any advice?

PGL

Don't you like the green glass better for the milgauss??? I have two from RPW, one SS and the other PVD... they look very good but my version (much lower range) do not work right. Their movements don't function properly. I guess if you go up they will look better and function better. Good luck!!

Luthier

Just send him email with only these words:

"Dear Robert, I would like to buy your Milgauss, please, send me payment instructions"

That's it, not even one word more, or you'll be on his "NO SALES TO THIS ANAL" list.

:P

Silverspeed

At $350 that Milgauss is way overpriced....the OP has a point about the crooked coronet and the sloppy lume

noneone
Don't you like the green glass better for the milgauss??? I have two from RPW, one SS and the other PVD... they look very good but my version (much lower range) do not work right. Their movements don't function properly. I guess if you go up they will look better and function better. Good luck!!

I love the green crystal GV version but i got scared of with the scratches easily scare stories!

Luthier

Green is not a coating, it's the color of the glass.

They make it from empty bottles of "QingDao" beer...

noneone

I would actually believe that!

Glass scratches a lot easier then Sapphire Crystal, so i guess my concern still remains.

Anyone care to add anymore faults to the pictures of the watch?

Luthier

I guess you better buy a gen. With replicas you'll always have headache.

People here doh't search for faults, we buy reps, wear it and enjoy.

Nothing is perfect.

Or you seriously expect 1:1 to gen. for $100-$300?

nunu78
I guess you better buy a gen. With replicas you'll always have headache.

People here doh't search for faults, we buy reps, wear it and enjoy.

Nothing is perfect.

Or you seriously expect 1:1 to gen. for $100-$300?

+1 Luthier

noneone

If I had the money to buy a gen I would but I don’t!

I would expect a difference between a $100 replica and a $300 replica.

And if going for the top end replica’s I would expect them to be nearly perfect the exceptions being the movement and type of steel used.

Apart from that I the rest of the value that makes up the gen is just profit from selling the ‘brand’.

That’s my view anyway...

Luthier

I thing you need to spend 3-4 days reading posts here before "expecting" anything.

PGL

I really think noneone has a point. There are different qualities of every thing we buy, from watches, to cars, to shoes, or whatever. If a watch costs $300 and the same seller has the same watch for $100, I too would think that there has to be some higher quality features other than the movement. There are different types of stainless steel bracelet (some hare crappy and shallow and others are solid and heavy), different types of crystal (from regular glass to sapphire) and I guess other features must be finished with better quality in a more expensive product.

I don't think he is crazy for thinking that... it is only human to think that way.

Like I said in another thread a few days ago, I got a gift in the form of a Rolex Subs with green bezel... well, it looks nasty, honestly. My friend didn't pay a lot of money (thank God) but that watch I have looks nothing like the ones some of you have from trusted dealers (those watches look a thousand times better). And my watch doesn't weigh much (empty links in the bracelet) and scratches easily (I guess some of your reps have sapphire glass).

So, most of the times in any deal of any kind more money should imply better quality. At least that is what I believe.

Harry_Worth
If I had the money to buy a gen I would but I don’t!

I would expect a difference between a $100 replica and a $300 replica.

And if going for the top end replica’s I would expect them to be nearly perfect the exceptions being the movement and type of steel used.

Apart from that I the rest of the value that makes up the gen is just profit from selling the ‘brand’.

That’s my view anyway...

I bought a Milgauss recently from Robert for a mate - $99.00 and whilst I'm no expert it stands up extremely well against my genuine Submariner. I spotted a gen in a shop window the other day - I wouldn't want to try and tell the difference. I think I'd feel pretty ripped off by Rolex if I could buy a product every bit as good as the real thing for just $350.00 rather than $6,000.00