Sign in to follow this  
noneone

Rolex Milgauss - What do you think

dingle
Do you think you could spot a franken DJ with gen case, gen bracelet, gen dial. Only the movement changed? Or is that no longer a rep but a gen with the movement swapped?

Depends on who assembled the watch :lol:

prestigewatchco

Do you think you could spot a franken DJ with gen case, gen bracelet, gen dial. Only the movement changed? Or is that no longer a rep but a gen with the movement swapped?

Yes in as long as it took to remove the caseback. And who in there right mind would spend that money on a rep when Gen datejusts can be found for around $1000 with all gen parts and assembled by Rolex. Just makes no sense to use all those Gen parts to make a fake

KBH

Hmmm, every where I look they seem to go for $2,00 to $3,500. So back when you could find gen cases with gold bezels for $200 they were quite appealing. Not so much anymore now that the bezels sell for more than $200 alone.

Also, I doubt I'd be handing it over for you to take the case back off.

prestigewatchco

Plenty around at close to $1000 if you look for them I actually bought one off RG for $1000 only 6 months ago 2 tone

Aren

Hi Noneone...

You really need to invest in a genuine Rolex. Reps all have their flaws just like humans, we all have our warts. :lol:

When I look at things, I usually prefer to look at what is good and positive and attractive about them whatever it is...from human beings to rocks. If we look at life through the lens of how things are flawed we are always dissatisfied. It is easy to find fault and sometimes much harder to see the beauty and perfection in things. You can tell alot about a person by the watch they choose, but it is neither bad nor good, it is just a matter of personal preferences and tastes. Gen or rep...it's an illusion, and I understand that you want a rep to live up to your your personal standards. I am relieved I am not your girlfriend. I could not withstand the scrutiny. Still, these are just ideas in your head. I hope you have a kinder look at the people in your life. Sometimes I don't know much, but what I do know is that:

fault.jpg

All of that said. You need to please only yourself. Here is my son's Rolex. It pleases him and that is what matters. You can judge it and dislike it, but it won't matter as long as he likes it that is what counts.

2010-10-07_12-22-08_645.jpg

2010-10-07_12-21-50_705.jpg

What I like about the dealers here is that they show you the photos of what you will get. What you see is what you get. They don't show you pictures of gens to sell you reps.

In the greater scheme of things, but on the scale of watches, I believe it is as Albert Einstein said...

"I want to know the thoughts of God. The rest are details."

Don't miss the great aspects of watches or life because you are fixating on the details. Get the watch that is closest to your ideal or get a gen. If you bring perfectionism to the things you choose you are bound to be disappointed. I hope you find a watch which pleases you. :)

I wish you every happiness in your watch purchases and in life for you will be your own greatest critic.

All the Best,

Arenaria

noneone

Firstly thank you all for taking the time to respond. I realise I am a noobie and my questions and expectations have largely reflected that.

I fully accept that no replica will be perfect, but the list then goes down what errors can’t you live with and for me I would like the following: -

1. Rehaut to align properly

2. Good quality reliable movement

3. Sapphire crystal that wont scratch

4. Fit and finish of bracelet and steel to be of high quality

5. Size and weight to be as close to gen as possible

6. Lume to be correct and even

7. Waterproofed

Any other errors would be lower down the list and ones that I would be prepared to live with or get modified from an expert on the forum e.g. colour of lume.

So here is the situation at present: -

I ordered the watch for a verified dealer and I have to say that the dealer is great in terms of responding to emails. We had finally agreed a price of $305 including EMS postage.

During our initial discussion I explained how it was important to me that the ROLEX ROLEX lined up perfectly. The dealer assured me that they would supply the best possible rep and that the rehaut would align perfectly.

Due to a problem with the payment the dealer re-funded the whole amount and I have been waiting for the refund to clear before re-purchasing.

A few of you understand where I am coming from, in terms of it doesn’t matter if others can spot issues I will know they exist and will continue to bug me.

Now I am in a dilemma, I would like to buy the watch from Robert at PWC (if he is willing to sell to me!) as it seems his rehaut does line up correctly. But Robert has not yet responded to my order.

Secondly, I feel that I will be letting down one of your trusted dealers if I pull out now and as I said earlier I don’t want to start upsetting dealers especially if this turns into a hobby.

So I really don’t know what to do!

Advice welcome...

KBH

Sorry about the thread crapping, but about DJ's and back to Robert's post for a second:

I've been scouring eBay for a gen TT bracelet for months. Last one I bid on went for $588 and that seems close to average. So $1000 for a TT DJ is excellent although I still wouldn't consider it the going price.

Seems like buying them and parting them out is the way to go.

Gen Movement $900 - $1000

TT Case $350 - $400

Dial $100 - $150

Gold Crown $100

TT Bracelet $500

Over 100% pure profit.

prestigewatchco
Firstly thank you all for taking the time to respond. I realise I am a noobie and my questions and expectations have largely reflected that.

I fully accept that no replica will be perfect, but the list then goes down what errors can’t you live with and for me I would like the following: -

1. Rehaut to align properly

2. Good quality reliable movement

3. Sapphire crystal that wont scratch

4. Fit and finish of bracelet and steel to be of high quality

5. Size and weight to be as close to gen as possible

6. Lume to be correct and even

7. Waterproofed

Any other errors would be lower down the list and ones that I would be prepared to live with or get modified from an expert on the forum e.g. colour of lume.

So here is the situation at present: -

I ordered the watch for a verified dealer and I have to say that the dealer is great in terms of responding to emails. We had finally agreed a price of $305 including EMS postage.

During our initial discussion I explained how it was important to me that the ROLEX ROLEX lined up perfectly. The dealer assured me that they would supply the best possible rep and that the rehaut would align perfectly.

Due to a problem with the payment the dealer re-funded the whole amount and I have been waiting for the refund to clear before re-purchasing.

A few of you understand where I am coming from, in terms of it doesn’t matter if others can spot issues I will know they exist and will continue to bug me.

Now I am in a dilemma, I would like to buy the watch from Robert at PWC (if he is willing to sell to me!) as it seems his rehaut does line up correctly. But Robert has not yet responded to my order.

Secondly, I feel that I will be letting down one of your trusted dealers if I pull out now and as I said earlier I don’t want to start upsetting dealers especially if this turns into a hobby.

So I really don’t know what to do!

Advice welcome...

I have responded noneone to at least one of your PM's i am not aware of any pending a reply

I do have the watch with perfect rehault yes but if you are set on buying Swiss maybe better you deal with the dealer you are dealing with currently because I don't have Swiss only Asain

Aren

Good Luck! and I mean it sincerely! :lol:

Edited to redact redundant quoted text.

noneone
I have responded noneone to at least one of your PM's i am not aware of any pending a reply

I do have the watch with perfect rehault yes but if you are set on buying Swiss maybe better you deal with the dealer you are dealing with currently because I don't have Swiss only Asain

Robert second PM sent...