Sign in to follow this  
KBH

Finally, a Panerai that I like!

pollux1

This could be the start of something, from now on any future reps not superlumed or with decent AR (if needed) won't pass muster.

NFleischer

Looks great! Don't worry Josh is one of the 'approved' dealers, not preferred like PWC or Mary.

ghardy

Thanks, Josh has been great to work with.

Mary told me that this model was bought out by a few dealers and she could not get her hands on one.

KBH

Well after 5 days after order, it was at the Post Office this morning. I was going out on the boat this afternoon but I ended up waiting till the Postman (Lady) showed up so I could sign for it before I left. So far I'd say it's pretty awesome. The AR is great an the Superlume looks great. I'll be wearing it tonight and see what it looks like when I wake up at 3 or 4 am.

Pictures to come but I will say, even though I'm not a Pam freak, it's pretty impressive so far. Might well be a keeper.

ghardy

Congrats, can't wait to see your photos.

5-days thats great. Can't wait for mine to arrive, this will be my first rep., hoping for a good experience.

Will find a good watch shop here in Chicago to get water tested, all my watches are gen. 200m or better, so I can be careless and do not want to ruin this one.

enjoy,

gabe

Pentax

Does anyone know if this watch can take a Swiss movement or any other Good Quality Movement??

PS Just ordered it from Josh!!

KBH
Does anyone know if this watch can take a Swiss movement or any other Good Quality Movement??

PS Just ordered it from Josh!!

Probably not since it would take a 7753 as the gen and it is currently set up for a 7750 with a module to change the totaliser hand to the 3 o'clock. That may be a problem with the position of the pushers. Or maybe not? From what I've read so far this movement is supposedly quite good, particularly with a servicing.

by the way mine came in yesterday and it's pretty awesome. It actually looks and feels like it was put together in a factory and not some Chinese backroom. The ar is almost invisible and the chrono works and resets perfectly. The dial printing and lume are as good as I've ever seen and the rep strap is way above any of the typical straps. It compares very favorably to a gen croc strap that I have on another watch. I'd really have to see either a gen Panerai strap or the gen croc that can be ordered as an option with this one to make any logical conclusion as to how good this really is.

I may get around to some pictures tomorrow but there are several very good reviews on the other forums that will be much better and more informative than any that I could do. I'm a total NOOB on anything Panerai but I will say this is an awesome looking watch.

js328

got mine today #26087... thanks for KBH for advice and all.

i'd have to say, it's nice. if i need to pick on something, the only thing is the stop-watch hand not pointing dead-center at noon (just a little off). other than that, all good. very very happy with it. the whole process took about 5 days. painless with KBH's guidance. 1st one with josh and will do more for sure.

i think no more pics needed except for the one that is on your wrist. ;P

-js

Pentax

Mine got shipped out today

I hope to get it by Monday ! Will post some Picts as soon I get it

sasa99

For me Pams are like olives......first I hated them...when I saw it for the first time i thought "ugh, WHY would somebody give money for THIS?! It's not even finished!"

But now I can't stop thinking of getting one. They are great! And what's the most important part, they look great on wrists!

My only problem is their size, 44mm and 45mm are to big for me.

Does anybody know a place to get a 40mm rep??? Are there any 40mm reps?

Aren

:)

:thumbsup:

The pix are also conspicuously absent from the wrist check thread.

Brightlight
:)

The pix are also conspicuously absent from the wrist check thread.

Er Aren....... the worthless without pics doesn't apply to Panerai. We all know what a Panerai looks like. Once you've seen one you've seen them all :thumbsup:

Del
Er Aren....... the worthless without pics doesn't apply to Panerai. We all know what a Panerai looks like. Once you've seen one you've seen them all :thumbsup:

(I still would like to see the pics though :))

KBH

Lack of motivation to set up a tripod. Been working on the new boat instead.

I'll start with a wristie though.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Do I look like a happy guy?

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Aren

Yes, you look happy...and

YOU HAVE GREAT ACCESSORIES ! :)

BL...you are just jealous of KBH's accessories

and don't say he looks like a beautiful blond transvestite in one of these pictures either. :thumbsup:

let's see her watch too

Pentax

KBH you bought yourself a nice boat and a great watch to go with it

Cheers

Member X

You look literally NOTHING like I thought you would :lol: lol

Wristie looks awesome though!

ebzen02

I imagined him to have a beard or some sort of facial hair with a tattoo or something..lol! Agreed...He looks nothing like I had envision him.. Just got a fun idea..hmmm

js328

It sure is nice looking... but how can you tell there is AR? anyone plz.

SDC17015.jpg

Member X

AR means you don't get a lot of reflections and the crystal 'disappears' when viewed from certain angles :rolleyes:

Looking at the pics, this one is good!

KBH

It's single sided ar so it's a little weaker than some of the custom ones from FineDD or Cheiftang. But, It's not too bad and definitely very clear.

Pentax

Still waiting for my 288 :-(

I hope to get it by Monday it's been on the road now since 9days!

KBH
Still waiting for my 288 :-(

I hope to get it by Monday it's been on the road now since 9days!

Make sure you let us know. I'm still wearing mine. For some reason I can't seem to take it off. The damn thing is within a couple of seconds day.

ebzen02

It seems like everything takes a little longer to get to and from Greece. However, once you get it it will be worth the wait. You won't be disappointed.