Sign in to follow this  
tanto

Patek 5711 RG

_DC_

Beautiful Patek! I think one of the best...... What have you paid in total for this one? When I look at the number 2 on the date, it looks different from the one Toro sells..... Yours looks better, or is it because of the pic? Well I think a lot of us, would be very pleased if we can have more detailed pics of that beautiful Patek.... Also a super move to fit an original strap..... Where have you picked that one? Thanks........ From a lot of us in advance

Thanks for the kind words mate (and others as well).

This one is from Toro, but its not on Toros website. Its the Rose gold PP Natilus 5711r V6F 1:1 edition with Swiss SW200 movement. Every dealer will know, when you mention the V6F edition. Make sure to pick the SW200 movement, otherwise genuine strap will not fit!... I think its the best replica of this particular watch available out there. Numbers are more accurate on this one than other replicas compared to the genuine 5711r... I paid about 500 usd for the watch and 350-400 usd for the genuine oem strap on ebay. The strap does not fit just like that, but with some messing around, it fits well.

I will take some more pics tomorrow, when light is better. Hope my answer will help, otherwise, just ask, if you need more info, will be glad to help =)

Just wondering, is this the same one? And also you mentioned that we would have to choose the sw200 in order to get the gen strap to fit? You mean they use different case for the different movements?

http://pure-time.com/product/nautilus-jumbo-5711r-v3-grey-dial-on-leather-strap-11-best-edition-a2824/

Yes that is the same one, and yes they do use different cases for the different movements because they are made by different factories. So a gen strap won't fit on a Miyota version Nautilus for example, completely different end link shape/size!!

Hope this helps!

DC

tanto

What DC said... You have to choose the SW200 Selitta movement, if you want to fit original / oem strap...

oyster

Hi DC! Thank´s for good reviews! Very appreciated. I have noticed that you have two versions om the 5711 SS and they differs from each other regarding

the face color. The darker blue is that the Miyota version? It´s looks more like the gen. to me.

/Oyster

shiroutsuri

Hi Tanto,

Simply gorgeous! You mentioned that the Gen strap does not just simply fit in but need further adjustment. Could you describe what adjustment is needed in order to get the Gen strap into the V6F SW200 movement? TQ

tanto

Hi Tanto,

Simply gorgeous! You mentioned that the Gen strap does not just simply fit in but need further adjustment. Could you describe what adjustment is needed in order to get the Gen strap into the V6F SW200 movement? TQ

Thanks mate.

Yes... Difficult for me to describe in english... Ill try my best...

In the end of the strap there is a little square metal case inside, where the link of the watch is to be inserted. This little metal case on my OEM strap had to be enlarged quite a bit to fit the link insert on my watch... Also it was difficult to get the pins back in, did not match entirely... But with some care, adjustment and messing around, I made it... but took me 1½ hours, because I wanted to be very careful...

Together with the picture, I hope you understand.

medium_868313-fs-patek-philippe-nautilus-style-alligator-straps-in-classic-colors-and-vintage-patina-colors.jpg

shiroutsuri

So correct me if I'm wrong ..... I have to cut the Gen strap rectangle ends bigger in order to fit the metal case that is attached to the dial. On top of that, to slot in the pins through the strap and metal case. Thanks Tanto.

shiroutsuri

Now having a second look at photo in your 1st posting, I can see the cut & exposed end of the strap connecting to the rectangular link. I'm just curious to find out whether there is any Nautilus 5711 factory version besides the V6F SW200 that does not need any modification for a Gen or OEM strap to simply fit in. Thanking in advance for any advise rendered.

Phantomtech

Please please don't mess around or cut your gen strap! It can be destroyed VERY easily!

Rather, just shave the WATCH endlinks with a dremel until it will fit the smaller hole of the strap. That is the correct mod for this!

Edited by Phantomtech

shiroutsuri

Thsnks Phantomtech for your invaluable advice. Much appreciated.

Phantomtech

Thsnks Phantomtech for your invaluable advice. Much appreciated.

No problem! The gen strap can cost as much as TWO rep watches so definitely mess with the watches, not the strap. Besides, it's a real easy mod..

Good luck!

tanto

No need to cut anything!!! -Please dont do...

I agree with Phantomtech, this would be a good way to do it, however I succeeded in expanding the little metal case instead. But its very tricky (and maybe I was lucky too)... I think I would go with the dremmel next time instead!

shiroutsuri

Phantomtech, I note that you have both the 5711R & 5711G. Care to share which one have more of your wrist time and on what occasions you will use one over another. Also, should you decided to lose one (god forbid), which one will it be? :giggle:

Phantomtech

Phantomtech, I note that you have both the 5711R & 5711G. Care to share which one have more of your wrist time and on what occasions you will use one over another. Also, should you decided to lose one (god forbid), which one will it be? :giggle:

While I frequently wear the 5711r, the 5711g hardly gets any wrist time. The 5711r is more beautiful and more dressy. I would lose the 5711g if I needed to.

However, I also own the 5711/1A and I love it just as much as the 5711r but they serve very different purposes. One is sporty and one is dressy. I wouldn't lose either.

_DC_

While I frequently wear the 5711r, the 5711g hardly gets any wrist time. The 5711r is more beautiful and more dressy. I would lose the 5711g if I needed to.

However, I also own the 5711/1A and I love it just as much as the 5711r but they serve very different purposes. One is sporty and one is dressy. I wouldn't lose either.

Fancy losing the 5711g to yours truly?!

DC

psantos1091

Question..are the selitta movements in these watches gen? Only reason I ask is because I know the chances of getting a gen eta is very low..

shiroutsuri

Tanto, is your 5711R worn on brown or black leather? If on both, then which colour do you prefer? TQ

tanto

Tanto, is your 5711R worn on brown or black leather? If on both, then which colour do you prefer? TQ

Brown leather indeed and would prefer brown over black for this watch at any time.

shiroutsuri

TQ bro!

MarioDeMedellin

This is the best Patek out there still today. Mine is running perfect for over a year now. Only +11 per 24 hrs, fantastic!