UK Watch Services

My opinions on various reps - a watchmakers point of view.

Kayo

what do you think about this "Custom designed Asian automatic movement to match the genuine Panerai P.9000 movement at 28800vph, same balance wheel position as genuine P.9000 movement." from vsf.

muschi_katz

Well, I must definitely be the lucky one because both my Omegas (chrono and non-chrono) haven’t given me a problem (knock on wood) at all sense I had them, no movement issues or stripped crown... nothing.

Rob Roy

I Changed right now a dg2813 (bad as usual) with a miyota 8215 without any problem ( dial feet, crown height,, movement spacer, hands holes all are fine)

I agree I swapped a Cousins sourced Miyota for a DG2813 and it fits great but I did need a new spacer ring.

Col

Sent from Zeta Reticuli

GingerApple
22 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

I agree I swapped a Cousins sourced Miyota for a DG2813 and it fits great but I did need a new spacer ring.

Colemoji6.png

Sent from Zeta Reticuli

You just agreed with a comment from 2015.

Did it take you a while to formulate your answer?

Glaude
5 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

You just agreed with a comment from 2015.

Did it take you a while to formulate your answer?

He was in intensive language learning with Andrey PAM

Danny sargent

Is a Miyota 9015 better than a Asian 2824 - 2836  And  as good  as  ETA  would like to here from Watchmaker ?

FoxWilde
10 minutes ago, Danny sargent said:

Is a Miyota 9015 better than a Asian 2824 - 2836  And  as good  as  ETA  would like to here from Watchmaker ?

lots...LOTS of stuff written about this.

Short answer: no, but that doesn't make it worse. In terms of accuracy and reliability, they're pretty much the same. An ETA, clone ETA, and miyota should, if oiled and serviced, run smoothly with no issues. Most SWISS ETAs in reps these days (as in the past 12 months, so I'm told) are Sellita movements, still Swiss but not made by actual ETA. Think of it as "Swiss made ETA clones".Basically they're assembled in better quality controls than Asian ETAs. But there are still many, many reps with Swiss ETAs built together from scrap ETA movements and are not reliable to our standards. So, as with all movements, it's a lottery on how good of a condition your watch movement will be, regardless of what it is. 

In my book, you can't go wrong with these choices, really. IF IF IF IF IF you have your movement serviced and oiled at the start. period. 

Danny sargent

Thank you, for the information.  When you say have your movement serviced and oiled is this something you do yourself.

I would need to take it to watch repair service correct.?

BenjaminButton

Never had a watch oiled or serviced and they all, almost, work just fine. Just put the fucker on your wrist and enjoy it FFS.

GingerApple
3 hours ago, BenjaminButton said:

Never had a watch oiled or serviced and they all, almost, work just fine. Just put the fucker on your wrist and enjoy it FFS.

Fucking amateur. You have to carry out a religious ceremony, sprinkle holy water on it and cast out any demons before you can even consider putting it on your wrist. Noob.

BenjaminButton
Fucking amateur. You have to carry out a religious ceremony, sprinkle holy water on it and cast out any demons before you can even consider putting it on your wrist. Noob.

A confirmed rank amateur, cheapskate and a crowd-displeasing ponce.

Danny sargent

I agree with you!!

Capone69

Can anyone advise if the SH 3135 movement is any good?  Apologies as I am new to this and there are posts on here that are very old and I’m not sure if the current info is correct.

Thanks in advance.

tribefan
15 minutes ago, Capone69 said:

Can anyone advise if the SH 3135 movement is any good?  Apologies as I am new to this and there are posts on here that are very old and I’m not sure if the current info is correct.

Thanks in advance.

There are long technical threads over on RWI by watchmakers that regularly tear them apart and there has been some discussion on here. The short version from my impressions are that the VR is the best, SA the most problematic and the SH in between.

vzert

Thanks I’ve learned a lot here and brand new to the forum. I have a 2813 at the moment which runs well . 2836 looks the way to go same as 2824 basically that’s what had confused me. 

Capone69
7 hours ago, tribefan said:

There are long technical threads over on RWI by watchmakers that regularly tear them apart and there has been some discussion on here. The short version from my impressions are that the VR is the best, SA the most problematic and the SH in between.

Thanks for the feedback tribefan