Sign in to follow this  
jake

How many versions of each watch

jake

Well I've been around here for like three whole days now, or something, and I think I've done a fair amount of poking around... in my poking I think I'm beginning to get some of the big picture about how this all works, but I wanted to confrim something.

The watches that I'm seeing on Trusty Time and Perfect Clones - there are usually two teirs... the $100+/- teir with asian movements, and the $200+/- teir with either asian 7750 or eta movements. I'm assuming that these are generally what's available out there for any given model...

My question is, the trusted dealers here - will they pretty much be sourcing the same exact watches I'm seeing those sites, and just offering them for less? Or are there other factories out there, making different version of these things? I like what I see in most of the photos on those sites (though I did see something warning that there may be some photoshopping going on) and I liked what I saw in the QC photos I got from trusty time. Can I assume that I'm getting the same quality - or actually, the same watch, from the same factory - if I ask a trusted dealer to get something for me? Or are there better versions out there that they're able to get? (I'm sure there are worse versions, but we won't get into that...)

Edited by jake

sconehead

Basically, all the dealers can source the same watches. The only exceptions are (supposedly) when a dealer commisions a new model that he/she may have exclusivity on it for a while, the factories want to sell as many as possible in the long run...Robert (PWC) will have more of an idea as to whether or not this is true...

1_klean_watch

Welcome to the site. I'm sure that untrusted sites use pictures of gens or high end reps on site,but once order you get shit in a box. The dealer here get you what you see in there pictures. That's why you want to go too a trusted dealer because they are out get high quality for great prices. I'm new to the site too, but this what I have learned in my short time here. Have fun collecting these great time pieces.

jake
Basically, all the dealers can source the same watches. The only exceptions are (supposedly) when a dealer commisions a new model that he/she may have exclusivity on it for a while, the factories want to sell as many as possible in the long run...Robert (PWC) will have more of an idea as to whether or not this is true...

Would I be right in assuming that there is generally not more than one A7750 or ETA version of any particular model? If I see an ETA model on a site somewhere, is it safe to assume that they're getting the same watch that a dealer here could get me? Or is there ever more than one factory making the same version of the same watch?

sconehead

Rule of thumb is that the ETA/ETA clone watches are usually of a higher standard. Be aware that there are many updated/ultimate/V? models of watches so it pays to research and know exactly what you're looking for. As I said previously, all the dealers here will probably have access to these 'better' reps...:beer2:

jake
Rule of thumb is that the ETA/ETA clone watches are usually of a higher standard. Be aware that there are many updated/ultimate/V? models of watches so it pays to research and know exactly what you're looking for. As I said previously, all the dealers here will probably have access to these 'better' reps...:facepalm:

got ya... just making sure that in the interest of "not ripping me off" I'm not going to be offered something with "insignificant" differences. if we're basically talking about one version per movement per watch, then there really aren't any variables like that to worry about.

Sorry, I'm just a total "new guy" and I jumped the gun a little on my first purchase. I want to make sure I know EVERYTHING before I go for the next one.

trailboss99

If you are unsure your best bet is to a pic and a link here and ask.

There is always someone who has bought that watch.

Col.

jake
If you are unsure your best bet is to a pic and a link here and ask.

There is always someone who has bought that watch.

Col.

Will do... just making sure that's not a frowned-upon noob thing to do. I guess there's only so much you can teach yourself - and the rest has to come from experience.

trailboss99

Oh hell no mate, ask away, it's why we are here.

Col.