Sign in to follow this  
wombosi

The working of a watch explained

wombosi

I was wondering how an automatic movement actually worked and stumbled upon this (old) video.

Although it's old, it nicely explains the working of some main parts by using a large scaled model.

If anyone has more video's or other great resources about the working of a watch, please share them!

Edited by wombosi

part_timer

Good one, enjoyed that, thanks for posting. :)

mondeov6

I really enjoyed watching that too! Thank's for posting! :)

pollux1

It may be old but I've learnt more from that vid than years of reading. Thanks for posting.

Aren

Absolutely love this video...can someone tell me how to save it here, or do I need to bookmark it on my computer. This is a great video. I am not a watch guru like many of you, and this is just what I need as a novice. I can see some of these functions looking at the back of my fiddy. It is fascinating and really educational :)

Thanks wombosi for this great video. I need to watch it several times and plan to revisit it. It's a bit sad that I know more about the guts of car engines and transmissions than I know about watches.

I hope the Adm will consider making this a sticky for newbies and the novices among us like me.

:)

Dendo

Nice post Wombosi - thanks.

PGL
Absolutely love this video...can someone tell me how to save it here, or do I need to bookmark it on my computer. This is a great video. I am not a watch guru like many of you, and this is just what I need as a novice. I can see some of these functions looking at the back of my fiddy. It is fascinating and really educational :)

Thanks wombosi for this great video. I need to watch it several times and plan to revisit it. It's a bit sad that I know more about the guts of car engines and transmissions than I know about watches.

I hope the Adm will consider making this a sticky for newbies and the novices among us like me.

:)

Use this to save YouTube videos (or from many other video hosting sites like DailyMotion, etc...).

wombosi

Just stumbled upon this video too. Posted by Sconehead a while ago. Thought it would be nice to include it as well.