Sign in to follow this  
JCFans

What Patek is this?

Realism

dunno - it looks like it's in a stainless steel case

there;s no yellowing; present in white gold...

id say its not a patek? thats my thought... not sure

Martijn0007

I don't think Patek has ever made something that looks like that.

black263

Fugly whatever it is.

Frankt8242

I own several white gold watches that show absolutely no degree of yellowing at all, and they're 50+ years old.. :giggle:

JBJtw

I'm almost certain that's a rep. It's a limited edition model for the 175 anniversary I think.

Gmtaddict

Come on, so ugly it is obvious no?

JCFans

Thanks, guys. Not an expert, in fact, I'm a newbie when it comes to Patek. So appreciate your inputs.

Laz730

It's a fantasy watch...Not a gen!

Edited by Laz730

_DC_

Looks like an attempt at a 5180 which is a skeleton Calatrava, but it's not even close, as others have said it's fantasy model really but the 5180 is the closest gen!! It's one of few Pateks I actually really dislike, simply because it's very un-Patek!!!

DC

Realism

I own several white gold watches that show absolutely no degree of yellowing at all, and they're 50+ years old.. :giggle:

not talking about the "yellowing process" - White gold despite being "white" contains base metal AU which is obviously yellow... in a direct light - esp in that picture; there should be a yellow tinge that could be seen.. e.g the picture below; the bezel screw is white gold, bezel is steel... gold always have this shine that steel can never replicate

061_zps06da6188.jpg

_DC_

not talking about the "yellowing process" - White gold despite being "white" contains base metal AU which is obviously yellow... in a direct light - esp in that picture; there should be a yellow tinge that could be seen.. e.g the picture below; the bezel screw is white gold, bezel is steel... gold always have this shine that steel can never replicate

061_zps06da6188.jpg

I knew what ya meant Real'

DC

peteins

It looks horrible and cheap, not classy at all, which is of course what patek is allll about

_DC_

Aside from anything else, whenever you see a day/night indicator rather than an actual moonphase you KNOW it's a rep!

DC

peteins

Aside from anything else, whenever you see a day/night indicator rather than an actual moonphase you KNOW it's a rep!

DC

the words of a man who knows his shit :notworthy:

Edited by peteins

Realism

I knew what ya meant Real'

DC

was elucidating to the old guy Frank :rofl:

Realism

DC

actually the easiest way to tell a gen vs not... is the shine in the gold pieces.

The only steel watches Patek has are the Nautilus, Aquanaut, and the new version of 5960... all others are of precious metal...

if you don't see the shine that AU/ PL pieces have... very likely they aren't gens

_DC_

DC

actually the easiest way to tell a gen vs not... is the shine in the gold pieces.

The only steel watches Patek has are the Nautilus, Aquanaut, and the new version of 5960... all others are of precious metal...

if you don't see the shine that AU/ PL pieces have... very likely they aren't gens

Well that's not entirely true is it, Patek have made many of their watches in steel throughout history!!

DC

Realism

DC

Well that's not entirely true is it, Patek have made many of their watches in steel throughout history!!

DC

tell me any modern pateks that are steel beside those?

of course for pocket watches they have some old steel case... but for wristwatches; the only modern iteration are from those lines

let's not get to vintage models - no one reps those - they don't even rep most of their modern lines

_DC_

Ah, you didn't specify modern Pateks, Sir, but quite right those are the only "current" Pateks in steel, though I'd class the 5085 as modern and that comes in steel!!

But I've seen a few steel chrono reps of older references which did indeed come I steel, so overl I think day/night indicators are a more immediate clear cut tell!

DC

Realism

Ah, you didn't specify modern Pateks, Sir, but quite right those are the only "current" Pateks in steel, though I'd class the 5085 as modern and that comes in steel!!

But I've seen a few steel chrono reps of older references which did indeed come I steel, so overl I think day/night indicators are a more immediate clear cut tell!

DC

no one likes the 5085... so it's a bastard child... i may take back my words in 20 years time! :rofl:

_DC_

DC

no one likes the 5085... so it's a bastard child... i may take back my words in 20 years time! :rofl:

Yeah it looks kinda like the ill advised love-child of a 5712 and a 5127 (#patek-in-joke). I'm not a fan either, but Calatravas on bracelets are just wrong full stop in my eyes!

DC

Realism

DC

Yeah it looks kinda like the ill advised love-child of a 5712 and a 5127 (#patek-in-joke). I'm not a fan either, but Calatravas on bracelets are just wrong full stop in my eyes!

DC

even the bracelet is ugly as shit... i like watches on bracelet; but that one - is UGLY

narikaa

????

A raving 'Sexton Blake' at twenty paces

Anyone with any confusion needs to study more (or kick the seeing eye dog)

Seriously though a Patek skeleton complication sported by some sub human with a 20cents POS bangle :giggle: