lakeviral

Noobs new omega....

Andy-B

Word to the wise: the MOMENT you feel any sort of stickiness or resistance when winding have it serviced. I have had multiple 2836's start to get a little wonky and eventually become repairable. One day I will wake up and notice the movement stuck, and I shake it, then all good for a while. But make no mistake it'll be trash within a couple months after you notice this symptom.

Warning - thread drift....

Hmmm.

My LMPO Asian ETA 2824 movement did this yesterday. Hadn't been worn for a day and I was surprised to see that the movement had stopped.

I set the correct time, gave it a shake and now something inside sounds loose. The movement is still going ok and the date changed fine, but it definitely sounds as though something inside is a good deal slacker than it once was.

Edited by Andy-B

andyboy

Word to the wise: the MOMENT you feel any sort of stickiness or resistance when winding have it serviced. I have had multiple 2836's start to get a little wonky and eventually become repairable. One day I will wake up and notice the movement stuck, and I shake it, then all good for a while. But make no mistake it'll be trash within a couple months after you notice this symptom.

Hmmm.

My LMPO Asian ETA 2824 movement did this yesterday. Hadn't been worn for a day and I was surprised to see that the movement had stopped.

I set the correct time, gave it a shake and now something inside sounds loose. The movement is still going ok and the date changed fine, but it definitely sounds as though something inside is a good deal slacker than it once was.

Could be a mounting screw/tab.

Even though the watch is running ok I would check it asap.

gorozco

Nice!

MilgramExp

Hmmm.

Could be a mounting screw/tab.

Even though the watch is running ok I would check it asap.

It could also be a broken tooth. It wedged in the movement stopping the progression and came loose after you played with it. It will get worse and by that time you will have likely destroyed more parts than it is cost effective to replace. Open it and see if a tiny piece will shake loose. If not, SERVICE.

Andy-B

Ok. Will pop a couple of 'brave pills' and have a careful poke around, and tighten any screws that are easily accessed.

If anybody can recommend someone (UK based) who can service such, please feel free to drop me a PM. Cheers.

AgentTran

Good looking watch, Omega is the way to go.

zai2289

i have been looking at this watch for weeks now & you have convinced me it's the way to go! My go to TD is Andrew at Trusty Time, however, i can't see this exact model on his site - the one on there is different & no where were as good looking as yours - did you email him rather than buy through site? http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=14194

Would love yours!

SackOHammers

Well, in general there is the Miyota version by V6F factory and the A2826 version by Noob. BP also makes a version.

If you want the 2826 version from Noob, Tony (a TD next door), has them on sale (this is the 42mm version on sale, not the 45mm):

http://7750asian.com...w.asp?P_id=3564

GenTLe
i have been looking at this watch for weeks now & you have convinced me it's the way to go! My go to TD is Andrew at Trusty Time, however, i can't see this exact model on his site - the one on there is different & no where were as good looking as yours - did you email him rather than buy through site? http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=14194

Would love yours!

Trusty very rarely has Noob factory products.

dax007

I can say i have done bussiness with Trusty time andrew and my 42mm OMEGA _PO rep is been great.. plus the communication by trusty time is just outstanding!

Bluejuz

I got my 42mm ceramic PO(BP factory) from trusty also.

Absolutely love it!!

ss0502

Welcome, very nice first rep, my very first rep was an Omega too ( PO 42mm) and I love it!! Enjoy yours!!

zeifern

Very nice! Love it!!

cobar

Very nice, well wear :-)

WIZhunter

what's up with all these transparent backs? I prefer the solid metal back with the beautiful seahorse engravings, any suggestion ?

Edited by WIZhunter

Pbjunkiee
what's up with all these transparent backs? I prefer the solid metal back with the beautiful seahorse engravings, any suggestion ?

Im torn, i like the movement but i grew up with the seahorse...

aliveandwell

Looks incredible... How about the noisy rotor? Does it sound so loud?

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

epalanb

Have an old rep of seamaster. Never wear it any more as it no longer works. These pics make me want another omega. Beautiful watch!

childishthing

Nice photos and great looking watch.

tupelo_james

Have an old rep of seamaster. Never wear it any more as it no longer works. These pics make me want another omega. Beautiful watch!

How long did your seamaster rep last?

brang1

bootiful, really stunning

andrew is a great guy too

Bananlaksen

So split on that watch or a Tudor Pelagos

epalanb

How long did your seamaster rep last?

lol ....

Didn't see this for ever. I bought an Omega rep seamasters 2254.50 back in 2010 and within a month or so it was dead. I bought another one, same model and that one didn't even last a week. That was it for me and reps for about 7 years.

After buying a bunch of Reps in the last few months and getting some help I pulled those old Omegas out of the junk drawer and put a new movement in one of them and it is now working. Here is a pic:

33800568170_2f78ab011e_b.jpg

There has been talk about another version of the LMPO. The minute they come out with that one I will snatch one up!

Edited by epalanb

tagr

Nice watch. One of my favourites.

sarunas4

how long should this watch run for if not worn?  I have a PO from Trusty Time too and seems like if i don't wear more than 24 hrs, it stops.  Not sure if that's normal or not.  

thanks