Sign in to follow this  
Black Diamond

What do you guys think, Is it fair?

Kwt

pics or its not real

?!? Are you serious.

Irishcain

[

As a seller, and in the spirit of goodwill in this great forum, I would refund or give partial monetary credit.

As a buyer, I would realize I got carried away by an optimistic description and accept a mutually worked out compromise.

Great advice that should be applicable to all M2M sales

greg_r

Folks, Black Diamond is in touch with a member of staff and we're trying to resolve this one...

webbo2005

This puts me off m2m a bit, hope it gets sorted out

black263

One problem out of the thousands of M2M transactions each year shouldn't put you off. If you are looking for perfection in trading you shouldn't buy anything, anywhere, lest you are disappointed.

rusty peters

No worries webbo. I have had many transactions on m2m and they all went really well. Slight swirls on the clasp count as 7/10 in my book.

webbo2005

"Anywhere" - like a shop, where youre covered by trade laws? or do you mean ebay where the buyer is protected by sellers pulling a fast one?

resistor

You're not likely to get ripped off if you do your homework Prior to buying the watch. This includes asking specific questions about things which are important to you, requesting clear pics of any suspect areas, and researching the seller's trading history.

If the seller is not a well established forum member with a lots of feedback, I'll search the major rep forums for info and maybe even google the person's username/real name, if it's a high value transaction. Following these guidelines has prevented issues throughout my hundreds of purchases, sales, and trades on the gen and rep forums.

Black Diamond

I've never had any problems whatsoever on M2M, I've sold close to 30 peices and probably bought about the same and never once have I had any issues, with sellers or buyers. I have found everyone to be very forthcoming and honest, many members being very amicable often going out of their way to work things out if their is some sort of issue. Even though I'm having issues in this case I will continue to buy and still prefer buying from M2M compared to direct from Dealers.

This chap has got a pretty solid history and seems like a decent enough guy, just a shame it's not working out in this instance.

webbo2005

Well that's reassuring :-|

GenTLe

You're not likely to get ripped off if you do your homework Prior to buying the watch. This includes asking specific questions about things which are important to you, requesting clear pics of any suspect areas, and researching the seller's trading history.

Whining mode: ON

How can anyone make these homework when watches are sold within 10/15 minutes from the thread post?

Whining mode: OFF

It actually happens quite often :)

black263

"Anywhere" - like a shop, where youre covered by trade laws? or do you mean ebay where the buyer is protected by sellers pulling a fast one?

I bought a £200 vacuum through Amazon. The motor has just shredded the gearbox, and guess what, Gtech have no record of the purchase, so aren't interested in the problem, and it's outside the Amazon warranty. For the want of a plastic gear, which probably cost peanuts to make, the machine is scrap. And no, I can't fix it myself, as the gear is not available as a spare.

Genius

I bought a £200 vacuum through Amazon. The motor has just shredded the gearbox, and guess what, Gtech have no record of the purchase, so aren't interested in the problem, and it's outside the Amazon warranty. For the want of a plastic gear, which probably cost peanuts to make, the machine is scrap. And no, I can't fix it myself, as the gear is not available as a spare.

Do you use a credit card to shop on amazon? If so you can probably make a section 75 claim through your credit card company if amazon are refusing to help

RussP

You're likely to encounter dodgy sellers AND buyers on any forum.

In my time on this lovely forum, I've only encountered one dud deal and the seller was a true gentleman, who refunded a component of the sale price.

Every other deal has been teflon-coated.

Says a lot of the membership here.

resistor

Whining mode: ON

How can anyone make these homework when watches are sold within 10/15 minutes from the thread post?

Whining mode: OFF

It actually happens quite often :)

It's simple. If someone beats you to the deal, you won't be ripped off.

GenTLe

3d print it ;)

markeym3

I thinkthat the seller has an obligation to post good quality pics or if not so possible then a really accurate description. .

Especially when there are hard to spot scratches or defects.

myaz

....... then a really accurate description.

That, markeym, IS the conundrum. Your comment is what is assumed and expected but descriptions are very subjective.

Your idea of the severity of a scratch or defect is different from someone else's, and from the next person.

You might describe your favorite watch, car or wife differently than a stranger. You might describe the condition of your house to the Tax Appraisal Office differently than to the realtor that will list your house.

Many seasoned members here would rather lose a sale or discount it a few dollars and understate the value/condition of a watch rather than go through all the hassles and work that a dispute engenders for all involved, including moderators.

Genius

You might describe your favorite watch, car or wife differently than a stranger.

bad form to have a favorite wife ..... you should treat them all the same :rofl:

Not Quite Dead

My experience of M2M has ben uniformly good. When I thought I had an issue all the previous owners of the watch with a problem helped work out what had happened and the issue was resolved without any toys leaving the pram. I totally agree that one should not have a favourite wife.

Irishcain

That, markeym, IS the conundrum. Your comment is what is assumed and expected but descriptions are very subjective.

Your idea of the severity of a scratch or defect is different from someone else's, and from the next person.

You might describe your favorite watch, car or wife differently than a stranger. You might describe the condition of your house to the Tax Appraisal Office differently than to the realtor that will list your house.

Many seasoned members here would rather lose a sale or discount it a few dollars and understate the value/condition of a watch rather than go through all the hassles and work that a dispute engenders for all involved, including moderators.

+1, just as taste is subjective, so are descriptions. Though I'll punch anyone who doesn't think my favorite wife is hot. My second favorite....eh, take her or leave her :rofl:

myaz

You might describe your favorite watch, car or wife differently than a stranger.

bad form to have a favorite wife ..... you should treat them all the same :rofl:

C'mon, you know you have one :nana:

James.

Seller sounds like a bit of a pratt. Hope yhis is resolved in your favor, it woukd seem like he's at the very least tried to be deceptive in the description and tiny images you've been provided.

Black Diamond

UPDATE

£660 on the line...

I requested refund for £135 to cover only partial damage >>> Seller refused claiming I'm trying to scam him and that I damaged it myself.

Damage can be seen in his photos when you know they are there.

Seller agreed to $100 then $170 only after mods got involved, claimed he's refunded me but nothing in PayPal 12 hour later.

I requested I pay for shipping via Fedex back to him at my own expense of £60 for a full refund >>> Seller refused

So either way I'm still fucked. I can't resell it becuase it's not worth selling as I'll easily be loosing £200+. Anyway I have given the seller a deadline for 10pm GMT for him to do the right thing before things get ugly.

What to do, what to do :Whistle:

Chavezzito

I would try to keep calm and follow our beloved mods directions...seems like a buyer I would not want to do business with in the futu