Sign in to follow this  
dapper

Well, after more than 5 years of wanting one.....

dapper

I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my first Panerai from TB. I've gone for the 104 as I like the cyclops over the date, automatic movement and the relatively simple face. May not be everyone's choice, but I like it and that's what counts. Gone for the black leather strap, but will get additional ones after it arrives. :P

RichardMiami
:ttiwwop:

Fretless_Llama

They are nice looking! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once it arrives.

greg_r

I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my first Panerai from TB. I've gone for the 104 as I like the cyclops over the date, automatic movement and the relatively simple face. May not be everyone's choice, but I like it and that's what counts. Gone for the black leather strap, but will get additional ones after it arrives. :P

I had a 104. It's an astoundingly good rep - I've had the gen on my wrist and was hard put to tell the difference. I sold mine as I have too many PAMs, but I now wish I hadn't... Great watch. Enjoy it when you get it!

mrbobdobalina

The latest 104 reps are really good. I have a gen 104 that didn't leave my wrist for about 8 years. It's a great watch.

Edited by mrbobdobalina

Daywatch

The best part is that after 5 years You soon will have it:)

rusty peters

5 years?! You will do just fine with this hobby. Nobody will have to lecture you about patience.

Sbybbuser

After 5 years waiting, it takes you 5 minutes to realize that this watch is not "the one", then you want to order another one. Hopefully the next one doesn't require another 5 years wait.

Mike on a bike

Five years............ notworthy.gif I am having a tough time trying not to buy a watch in about five days . bangin.gif

Paparolf

Look forward to seeing the pics mate

Atomicmod

nm

Edited by Atomicmod

dapper

Well, I must say I'm very, very impressed. Registered with TB on the 29th Jan, ordered watch on 30th Jan, watch arrived here today 6th. Feb. Extremely well packed in polystyrene box with bubble wrap round watch and protective molded cover round watch which was inside two plastic bags. watch was already working so set time and date. I think I had an involuntarily emmission in my under crackers when it arrived and a little sex wee too. :giggle: Will post some photos shortly, but only taken with I Phone as I'm no David Bailey. Was expecting 3-4 week minimum turnaround from order to receipt, so really over the moon with this service. Full tracking number was provided and I did pay the extra for DHL courier service. Absolutely delighted. Just got to figure how to get the leather strap through the buckle mechanism and size to wrist :sad:

'S OK, sussed it :lol:

BentleySharp

That's great!

I'm always glad to hear about good experiences for new members.

Probably 99% of transactions go off silently without a hitch, but EVERY TIME there's a problem, we all hear about it. So it's nice when we hear someone taking the time to talk about their good experiences.

Hope you enjoy your new watch and wear it well :)

dapper

I'd posted on here that I'd tried a gen GMT auto on in a fine watch shop in a very well known arcade in London just before Christmas. It was a previously owned with a well worn strap and a clear scratch on the bezel and they were still asking £4,800 for it. It was a 47mm. diameter one. I'd wanted to see how it looked on my wrist. I'd like a gen, but couldn't justify that sort of dosh, when I could spend that sort of money on something more important. I do have a gen Tag from about ten years ago that I paid for over 12 months but that cost around £1,200. I'm happy with my first purchase of a rep and may buy more, but like cars and motor bikes, you can only ride/wear one at a time (although I do have two Lambrettas) :giggle:

Edited by dapper

BentleySharp

I'd posted on here that I'd tried a gen GMT auto on in a fine watch shop in a very well known arcade in London just before Christmas. It was a previously owned with a well worn strap and a clear scratch on the bezel and they were still asking £4,800 for it. It was a 47mm. diameter one. I'd wanted to see how it looked on my wrist. I'd like a gen, but couldn't justify that sort of dosh, when I could spend that sort of money on something more important. I do have a gen Tag from about ten years ago that I paid for over 12 months but that cost around £1,200. I'm happy with my first purchase of a rep and may buy more, but like cars and motor bikes, you can only ride/wear one at a time (although I do have two Lambrettas) :giggle:

2 Lambrettas huh? I love motor scooters. If I lived in a smaller city, or even a city that was more compact (The Houston, Tx. greater metropolitan area is the 4th largest city in the US in terms of population, but the 1st largest in terms of area. Bigger than New York or Los Angeles. When Houston was being developed, they built out instead of up). That equates to a city that's not very friendly to the scooter rider, but I still love classic Vespas, Lambrettas, and Piaggio. I was online and looking at the current Vespa lineup and I think it's brilliant. If I still lived in London, I probably would have just bought a new Vespa instead of a car, and just rode the Vespa wherever I couldn't get to easily on the tube or the train.

Anyway, I'm carrying on.

Enjoy your watch!

Bidle

5 years?! You will do just fine with this hobby. Nobody will have to lecture you about patience.

+1!

dave1978

Thought tb was a disease

Trueblue1989

I hope you like it when it arrives