Aren

How To Choose a Gift Watch for a Lady

Aren

How to Choose a Watch for a Lady

The following are just a few suggestions of things to consider about buying a watch for a lady.

Preface

Well, Christmas is coming, but isn't it always? It's just a matter of time. If you are the average guy, it is also just a matter of time before you may be purchasing a gift for a female, be it Wife, Girlfriend, Mother, Sister...friend...yep some men have female friends too. It's not always a boys club in the friendship department.

Introduction

First, I find that you gentlemen are uniquely qualified to purchase quality replica watches. You know the movements, you know the trusted dealers, you know all of the who, when, where, and how and why. In the What department, some of you may need a few suggestions. What type of watch is a good match for the lady in question.

Second, know if the lady is ok with a rep. If she is a give me genuine only female, you are probably dealing with a material girl. This is not a judgment, just an observation. If your girl is a material girl, odds are you already know it. Not only that, she has probably already made her gift wishes known to you and has been clear about what she wants. If this is your girl, these suggestions are not for you. Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. If your girl is not the aforementioned type, then congratulations! If your girl is one who appreciates the intrinsic beauty in a lovely accessory without regard to it's manufacturer read on.

HOW TO KNOW WHAT THE LADY LIKES

Some ladies are good at dropping hints. If this is your lady, your job is easy...just pay attention, especially if you are out shopping with her. Pay attention to what she pays attention to while you shop. Listen if she expresses an interest in certain items...even if the items are not watches.

Colour

Look at the lady. Notice what she wears and likes. Look at her favorite accessories. Are they Sterling Silver or Gold? This is very important. You don't buy a Stainless steel watch for a lady who only wears gold. If she is versatile and wears both you will have more options. If she wears a ring on the side she will wear the watch on...what colour is it? Even if she mixes her metal colors she may only wear colour groupings together. All you have to do it notice what she is wearing and likes the best. If she already wears a watch is it gold or silver?

Size

Look at what the lady chooses to wear. You will be able to tell her wrist size just by a simple observation, so that is easy. However...Does she wear only petite accessories? Fragile necklaces with tiny pendants? Tiny posts in her pierced ears? Delicate bracelets? If so, don't get her a PP Skymoon. I think PAMs are lovely and I really like them, but know what the lady wears. She will wear what she likes. If she likes and wears only petite and delicate things, she will probably like a petite and delicate watch. This is easy to see. If your lady likes large or very flashy pieces you will know just by observing what she is wearing. If she doesn't normally wear accessories, then Thanksgiving or any other holiday may help you. She may get out the accessories she likes most for special occasions. Look at family photos if you can't recall what she was wearing because you were looking at her other lovely charms. Of course, if you don't know the lady intimately (in the general sense of the word ) you could consider taking her on a special date to a nice place and see what she wears. A good time for both of you. Pay careful attention to the size of her choices. I apologize for the cliche, but size matters.

Friends

Her's not your's. My suggestion is that if you want it to be a surprise, don't ask her friends for their opinion unless all else fails and her friend is the model of discretion.

Gifts Your Lady Gives

Notice what gifts your lady gives her female friends and family members. Just like men, women tend to give the gifts they like to receive. If you have a sister, you could invite your lady to help to suggest a gift for your sister. You would need to be very stealthy, for most ladies have radar for these shams. You don't even need to do it yourself, but if you do, don't actually elicit her to help, just tell her you are considering a watch gift (for another female like a sister) and let her volunteer to help. Let her help you reluctantly and drop the matter quickly when she makes a choice. Before doing this you can leave a Christmas list where your lady will find it with some gift suggestions for others including sis's watch. This will act as a deflection. Sorry for the cloak and dagger, but if you want to surprise her you need to be clever. Don't revisit the matter when she makes a good suggestion and if she revisits it tell her you are not getting a watch for your sister (or whoever). If she prefaces her selection with...I think (insert name) will like, then throw out this tactic. It has failed. Don't appear to pay too much attention to the gift for another, or your lady will know her name is on it. This is fine if you don't want to surprise her. If you choose the charade, you can always look at some pictures of various watches with her, but instead of looking at the pictures, watch your lady and see where her eyes look the most or which one she touches. Subtle, but effective.

Bling

This is a big factor. How much bling does she like and how much can her lifestyle manage. Are her accessories ostentatious or are the simple and unpretentious. What does she do for work and how and where will she be wearing this watch? Is she going to the boardroom or is she milking 1000 head of dairy cows? I know this is too extreme but you get the idea. Is she more likely to wear the watch for recreation or work? Would she use lots of complicated functions or just want to know the time? If she is an outdoor girl and likes rugged activities consider the PAMs or the Rolexes. I am sure she already knows you are into watches. PAMs look lovely on ladies. I saw a photograph of Sharon Stone with a Rolex and it looked great. Stone can pull off a Rolex, but can your girl? Just feel her out about these choices first. If you own a PAM or a Rollie (and I can't imagine you don't own one or the other, if not both) ask her to wrist model yours for you for some photos. See what her feeling is. But don't do it at home. Have her wear it out and see how she wears it and if it seems to suit her. I was surprised at how many compliments I got on my PAM Blackseal. Frankly, I only wanted to be able to read the time and I ended up with a watch that looks good and suits my lifestyle. If she is willing to model your watch, but wants it off immediately despite gentle persuasion, it probably isn't for her.

Things to Note

If your lady has expressed a strong interest in something other than a watch, your money is better spent on what you already know she really wants. However, still consider the watch if the gift she wants is something she needs. Prosaic gifts are fine, but they are far less personal. Most women who want prosaic gifts really need something which they would never consider buying for themselves. Be careful with this type of woman. If you don't have the money to pay the bills, you probably shouldn't even be reading this and such a gift might be met with unanticipated hostility, no matter how genuine your feelings are in purchasing a lovely watch.

Attitude

Be really positive about the gift you are giving. If you are not comfortable or have reservations about giving a replica watch, your girl will know and not be comfortable either. If she is concerned about what you refer to as being "called out" for her watch all she needs to say is "It is real" It is obviously real, she is wearing it. It is not a guestion of whether or not it is a genuine brand name watch. So consider your comfort and her's in this gift and be guided accordingly. I am not engaging here in a judgment about what is or is not an appropriate gift. Replica watches are not fake gifts...they are just not genuine brand name watches. If you feel otherwise...look at a nice Seiko on the internet and don't project your opinions on the gifts of others.

Expression

Your's not her's. How you feel and express yourself with regard to the gift you give her is important. The feeling behind the gift is more important that the gift itself and all gifts from the heart are genuine. Here is a tip on what to say. When you give a gift to a lady which will be worn by her...don't say, "That watch looks good on you!" Try this expression...it conveys a better message, "You make that watch look good!" See the difference?

Conclusions

If you actually read this and got to the end...Congratulations! Your lady is very special and fortunate to have someone who really cares and wants to give her a great watch that she will (hopefully) truly like.

I hope other members will contribute their thoughts, ideas and experiences to the comments to help round out these suggestions. That means you too (lurking) ladies.

Good Luck ! :)

© 2010

KeNnY

good work ! :) should be sticky

onzenuub

Nice written Aren.

seclark007

Great job Arenaria. Total class.

S

seclark007
:wub::) I vote for sticky. :cheerleader2: :)

daniel8888

lovely written Aren! I enjoyed the reading very much :=)

Brightlight

How to choose a watch for a lady (male version)

Christmas is coming and you will be expected to provide your lady with a gift. This is non negotiable, failure to provide could lead to loss of privileges, cold shoulder and extended sulks. Your failure will also be cast back at you on every possible occasion for at least as long as you and she live.

This is a three step process -

1. Identifying the watch

Go to one of the recommended dealers' websites, find a lady's watch at around the price you want to pay. Don't forget to factor in the cost of shipping.

2. Purchasing the watch

Pay the dealer, provide your shipping details.

3. Present the present

Wrap the watch in a piece of festive paper. If you can't find any, coloured tissue paper or a nice little anonymous box make a good substitute. Do not use newspaper or toilet paper, see note above about loss of privileges, etc, above. Place under the tree and wait for Christmas day. Enjoy her squeals of delight when she finds out what you have bought her. Do NOT let on it is a rep, see note about loss of privileges, etc, above.

Aren

:P @ Brightlight...

you are too close to the probable truth BL... :johng:

Brightlight
:P @ Brightlight...

you are too close to the probable truth BL... :johng:

Believe me Aren, that's the male modus operandi. I should know, use it myself all the time :P

dingle

Sticky it is. great thread Aren :)

Dendo

Great post Aren.

I am weaning myself from the Brightlight approach ( :lmao2: so true - lol) to the Aren philosophy.

Need to maximize my privileges B) .

ssnwtlove

thank you for your thread, now i know how to choose a watch for my girls ~

this is the first time i come here, my pet name is Roy, you can call me Roy,

Admin Edit: You can call me Al, but that's not my name either...

i am from California, I like this site, I like traveling,

Admin Edit: then why is your IP from China? Telling fibs are we?

fishing, my best like is to find designer donkey strap-ons, calssic spellchecking devices that don't work and links that are ripe for removal by the banhamster

hope we could be good friends through this good site

Admin Edit: Sure thing, mate... oh wait... sorry, somebody called the ban cavalry. Too late - been nice knowing you...

bancavalry.jpg

Christmas is coming best wishes for you and your family

Admin Edit: :(

wizawuza

these spammers really don't put much effort into their advertising huh?

reported.

greg_r

Thanks wizawuza :(

rychastings
these spammers really don't put much effort into their advertising huh?

reported.

lol, I laughed at the ban calvery :)

Aren

This is an old thread, but St. Valentine's Day is coming right up, so you gentz might want to consider this if you decide to get a special lady a watch regardless if it is a gen or a rep.

Also, if you are considering a rep, don't forget that CNY orders need to be made soon, like NOW, or maybe yesterday if you hope to have the watches for mid February, so check with Mems for actual delivery times and think ahead.  

:)

Piloten

huh. That seems like a lot of work, with all these dating apps and stuff . . .

:D

Kidding of course, that's a great rundown. Thanks Aren.

BIG GRUNDY

As for me, it's better just to get her another purse, gen of course.  Id like not to travel down that road til she starts a asking...

Great weite up...valentines day us a coming up mates..heads up

BenjaminButton

We do sweet fuck all for Saint Valentine's day and our relationship is the better for it.

Piloten

@BenjaminButton oh the romance in your soul.

I already got a watch for a nice lady and no particular date attached to it. Nothing says it like, "here's something you have to wind yourself and check frequently, 'cause it's a rep."

BenjaminButton
[mention=57938]BenjaminButton[/mention] oh the romance in your soul.
I already got a watch for a nice lady and no particular date attached to it. Nothing says it like, "here's something you have to wind yourself and check frequently, 'cause it's a rep."

Oh how that made me smile. On both counts.

GingerApple

Arenaria!!?!