Sign in to follow this  
rodralph

I finnaly received her blessing....

rodralph

After a lot of crying, begging, pleading and tantrums, my beloved wife has given me authorization to get one (1) rep. (She just does not understand!!!)

Actually, she is also a fan of watches and we’ve been talking about them for a long time.

The Navitimer has always been my all-time favorite. Over the last few weeks I’ve been looking at the different TD and what they have to offer. I’ve contacted a few of them with positive results. I am hoping to get my first order in within the next few days.

Let the fun games begin.

naidoo

welcome and my recommendations is toro for your first purchase :) i did that and it was simple and easy and discounted with Western union :) saved my self 60$USD

Dorian84

My wife doesn't complicate, she just says: For every rep you buy, i'll buy a new purse or shoes! :)

naidoo

My wife doesn't complicate, she just says: For every rep you buy, i'll buy a new purse or shoes! :)

rep too?

rodralph

naidoo, Thank you for your advice. I've been seriously considering Toro. I think he will be the one I go with for my first purchase.

Dorian, I think my wife is thinking more along the lines of "I want one too!" I do not have any issues with that either. Shoes, purses, watches, whatever makes her happy. As I heard someone say; "Happy wife, happy life."

Cellsius

My wife was skeptical as well. It's all good.

HeavyKrush

What's your budget?

naidoo

naidoo, Thank you for your advice. I've been seriously considering Toro. I think he will be the one I go with for my first purchase.

Dorian, I think my wife is thinking more along the lines of "I want one too!" I do not have any issues with that either. Shoes, purses, watches, whatever makes her happy. As I heard someone say; "Happy wife, happy life."

yes toro and id say stick with the ones that he has on the website for the time being seeing how they are pretty well documented

was there anything you were after in particular ?

maybe a pam ?

HeavyKrush

Oh, and who was doing the crying and begging? Every time my wife cries and begs I not get another rep I tell her to sod off.

rodralph

My wife was skeptical as well. It's all good.

She was somewhat skeptical at first, but now has warmed up to the idea. Last week we met a few "brothers" for drinks and one of them was wearing a Navitimer-like watch he bought somewhere in Europe. She really liked it. I think that was the turning point.

PS. I really like the pendant!!!

rodralph

What's your budget?

Somewhere between 300-350 USD. Not too concerned about the cost. Don't want something too inexpensive that may run into issues later.

Oh, and who was doing the crying and begging? Every time my wife cries and begs I not get another rep I tell her to sod off.

I think I did most of the crying. But don't tell anyone.

naidoo

if price is not an issue and your willing to wait (shouldnt be too long i hear) id say go for a TC submariner they are all hand built in the US and are the closest to gen and are long lasting and hold there value so if you want to trade up its an easy sell too

naidoo

this section here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=226

you will see plenty and they are all perfect no stray pubes etc

i am yet to find a post that has an issue with him that he hasn't fix or warned the customer about

Edited by naidoo

rodralph

if price is not an issue and your willing to wait (shouldnt be too long i hear) id say go for a TC submariner they are all hand built in the US and are the closest to gen and are long lasting and hold there value so if you want to trade up its an easy sell too

Thanks for pointing TC out. I think he does an incredible job with his watches. I own a gen SeaDweller and a gen Breitling SuperOcean which I bought in 2005. I absolutely love both of them. I am also looking at some of their reps. For the time being, I am looking at something other than a diver, so I am looking at the Navitimer. I know this will not be my only purchase, so a Submariner will always be an option.

Thanks.

Dorian84

rep too?

always gen when it comes to purses and shoes hehe

rodralph

http://www.torobravo...gory&path=25_29

god damn it made me ad one to my cart here we go again

depends on white style your after

Already? Wow. You did not waste any time. Let me know how it goes.

I want the black dial with bracelet. I will get the leather strap for it also to be able to change the look. I was at an AD last week and tried the Navitimer and the Navitimer World. The World is way too big for my wrist. In my humble opinion, the Navi is a beautiful time piece.

Pseudonym

Good story. I empathise. For every reps I bought, my wife bought a new bag, or shoes... Or scarf (??) but sadly they are gen. My wife won't entertain it. As a result her rep I bought her has to go.

Good luck in your search.

rodralph

Good story. I empathise. For every reps I bought, my wife bought a new bag, or shoes... Or scarf (??) but sadly they are gen. My wife won't entertain it. As a result her rep I bought her has to go.

Good luck in your search.

She is very understanding of my interests. Very nice lady indeed.

RUSH2112

Why do you need to even ask, let alone beg, your wife if you can buy something?

RussP

Rodralph,

If you have to beg, plead, cry or all of the former...............your relationship is doomed my dear chap.

This forum is so addictive that you'll find yourself in a predicament very quickly indeed.

You're going to have to draw the (proverbial) line in the sand.

And sooner the better.

rodralph

Why do you need to even ask, let alone beg, your wife if you can buy something?

I was meant as a joke.

Eschenpod

I have a Navi 01 inbound from Toro.

Beautiful watch.

Edited by Del
Posting of QC pics not allowed.

BadPickle

Beautiful watch.

Yesssssss!! A secret QC PIC poster!! Sweet move bruv ;)

rodralph

Beautiful watch.

Outstanding. Definitely need to get one. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.