Sign in to follow this  
prestigewatchco

Just a little info I was told today!!

prestigewatchco

I got a phone call from a guy I have in the post office.

Apparently the US has notified EMS that until further notice the maximum parcel size to be shipped is 400gr.

Basically from what I can make out it's to do with terrorist threats

It is still possible to ship heavier parcels but US customs have told at least Thaipost that they have to be checked before shipment and will be subject to delays due to heavier checking in the US

I also believe this is extended to other air mail as well but will know more on Wednesday when I see the guy

Now whether this means that parcels with watches will be of interest I have no idea but would guess that there is bound to be some fallout.

experience tells me that when they are looking for drugs and discover cigarettes they seize them so I would assume anything that is not legal would be fair game.

Under 400gr is I believe unaffected as I can make out if I hear to the contrary I will say so

trailboss99

Thanks for the headsup mate, more bullshit in the name of public safety.

Col.

prestigewatchco

Yes Col guaranteed to only to affect the innocent. The bad boys will find another way

KeNnY

can't wait when EU will start similar thing !

WebWind

I have noticed, that packages inside EU are moving slower.

Maybe some similar procedures are applied.

Max number of watches in one package is reduced to two to have safer delivery?

KeNnY

just got an call from customs. My watch is being taxed.. Good thing it is just an homage watch.. I wonder what price in on customs declaration or how the package looks like. Good thing is, they have called me straight away, so I don't need to wait another 4 days to reach me a letter. But what I hate is, when customs open package, they usually don't wrap it inside, how it was, so the watch can get damaged ! Happened to me twice !

Member X

Can you claim for that? ^^^

Cheers for the headsup, Robert.

wombosi
just got an call from customs. My watch is being taxed.. Good thing it is just an homage watch.. I wonder what price in on customs declaration or how the package looks like. Good thing is, they have called me straight away, so I don't need to wait another 4 days to reach me a letter. But what I hate is, when customs open package, they usually don't wrap it inside, how it was, so the watch can get damaged ! Happened to me twice !

Which shipment method did you use? Standard Airmail or EMS? I'm wondering if this would make any difference

prestigewatchco

Don't be tempted with EMS to NL they routinely get seized. Air mail is the only way that has a fighting chance ask Silverspeed and a couple of other older members they will tell you

Silverspeed

Avoid EMS shipping to The Netherlands like the plague....with EMS there's a much greater chance/risk of the package being seized. From what I heared from a customs officer nearly all packages from the far east send with EMS gets checked. The safest way is standard airmail....or have it shipped via a friendly member in the UK

wombosi

I was aware of not using EMS in the Netherlands. I always use Standard Airmail too, and I haven't got any problems so far. But as a result of the story above, I was wondering if they are becoming more strict on Standard Airmail too?

PGL

Good to know... thanks Robert. They are making online trade harder every day it seems... Here in Spain due to the huge crisis we are in they ordered by law a few months ago to stop as many pacakges as they could in Customs so they will get taxed and we have to pay much more if we want to keep them...

And if they find out that the content of the packages are fake items you can say goodbye to them... :D

KeNnY

I never used EMS to Slovakia before (really I don' know if some countries even sent EMS to Slovakia). In my country, they check only registered airmail (not normal air), because they know, if you have something what have value, you want to protect it. If the watch will came, I will make again video of unboxing, and you will see the damage or no damage done by customs.

So far, checking my parcel with registered airmail was 1 from 10 is still checked. So now I should buy a rep and don't worry :D

Baldrick

Ahemm..did I not postulate this in an earlier thread..? :D

bimmerpilot
I got a phone call from a guy I have in the post office.

Apparently the US has notified EMS that until further notice the maximum parcel size to be shipped is 400gr.

Basically from what I can make out it's to do with terrorist threats

Do we know whether or not this will effect EMS shipments already in transit (my package shows in the container and received at the Thai airport on the 18th)?

Thanks,

SC

UPDATE: My shipment arrived today.