Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

RARE PATEK!! 5131j just in from Ishmael

_DC_

Yeah it's another Patek, but I can almost guarantee you won't have seen one of these on the forum before so bear with me!!

I learned that our good friend Ishmael possessed this rare Patek replica of a 5131j (the coveted World Time) and promptly went about relieving him of it. Took a while to get the pennies together and then for her to cross the pond but she arrived today and I had to share her with you all (not had a proper look yet just a few quick snaps in between appointments at work)!

Huge thank you to Ish, a pleasure to deal with and a true gent!!!

She has issues, mainly the keen eyed among you will notice the middle section of the dial which is a rendering of the world isn't really the right way up. It's come loose and kinda floats around, so I need to fix that but hopefully that's straight forward! Also, it doesn't have an actual world time function, although the 24hr ring does rotate with the time so you can use it to tell the time in any of the places named in the city ring, but the city ring doesn't rotate so there's no GMT function if you will. And finally the bezel is upside down, and I'm not sure if it's separate to or one piece with the case so might have to put up with the engraving being upside down!

What is very right about her though is the size (haven't measured but the 5970 she's pictured with is 40mm and a gen 5131 should be 39.5mm so she looks spot on to me), also the lug width is a typical Patek oddball size at 21mm just like the gen. And speaking of the lugs, just look at them, absolutely beautiful case profile!!!

Anyway, enough babbling, have a look and let me know your thoughts, they're a bit like Marmite these World Times, some love them some hate them!!!!

5F4909A5-405C-4207-AA72-AD6E9D9AAECD_zpspdsxbin4.jpg

594E35F4-48C9-4C25-AFD3-BE5DAFF5C4A0_zps93hbv217.jpg

3765127B-EB9E-45BE-992B-A52310E56AA5_zpsbsuqtxal.jpg

762BCC28-0394-4537-8C43-8CEF11F04249_zpsjacdvkal.jpg

EBC968C9-2079-4667-A91E-FAB5459C2336_zps7kqmhsep.jpg

DC

Gmtaddict

Not that bad... What bothers me most is the crowngard shape and the absence of the Gmt push button at 10...

Still, nice little piece!

Realism

What bothers me most is the crowngard shape and the absence of the Gmt push button at 10...

it's a rep and doesn't cost 30K.

Nice piece DC

Gmtaddict

Don't worry, I know that too well.

_DC_

What bothers me most is the crowngard shape and the absence of the Gmt push button at 10...

it's a rep and doesn't cost 30K.

Nice piece DC

Haha, thanks Real', but I do get where Gmtaddict is coming from. He's obviously a man who likes a GMT function, haha, so he's bound to be critical if it doesn't have one :P

DC

mrmarcus86

sick watch bro!! Enjoy it...

Venomous

Can't say I'm the biggest Patek fan, but this is lovely, warts and all!

V

Gmtaddict

Haha, thanks Real', but I do get where Gmtaddict is coming from. He's obviously a man who likes a GMT function, haha, so he's bound to be critical if it doesn't have one :P

DC

Absolutely. In fact I nearly bought a 5130 rep a few months ago and now realised it had the Gmt push button, so a bit better on that point. Mouvement was crap, so maybe I shouldn't have any regrets....

Martijn0007

Great pickup DC! Enjoy the watch :D

SSTEEL

Stunningly different! Congrats, I too love watches that break the mould as it were.

Irishcain

Very nice! Wear it in good health.

Horlogeman

This is awesome !!!

Great looking Patek !!!

Horlogeman

Does anybody know if these are also available in SS (Platinum) from any TD? Can't find them :(

Martijn0007
Does anybody know if these are also available in SS (Platinum) from any TD? Can't find them :(

Not with the map on the dial.

The 5130 is the only PP World Time that's being sold by the TDs at the moment.

_DC_

Not with the map on the dial.

The 5130 is the only PP World Time that's being sold by the TDs at the moment.

Yeah I believe WatchFinder can get the 5130 which is in SS with black guilloche dial centre, but have never seen this 5131 rep before, let alone in SS!!!

DC

Chrisby

It's not for me, but it is a fantastic, very different watch. Congrats on the pick up and :thumbsup: Ish for selling it

_DC_

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, was really excited about this one (mainly due to the rarity) and it hasn't disappointed!!

DC

Laz730

Now that is a nice piece...Congrats DC enjoy it!!

Pseudonym

While I appreciate the rarity of this rep, it's not for me. I find the map a little too over powering.

Enjoy the watch DC. You're building quite the collection.

Alas, I'll keep my hopes up for a 5130P one day...

Martijn0007

While I appreciate the rarity of this rep, it's not for me. I find the map a little too over powering.

Here you go bb

http://watchfinder.phanfare.com/6740894

Pseudonym

:wub:

Thanks!!

Martijn0007

:wub:

Thanks!!

No problem! I'm going to order one after the Chinese New Year. I will write a small review and let you guys know what I think.

To me the dial, hands and case look quite good.

Timechaser

Not a big dress watch guy but that's pretty dang cool.

Congrats!

_DC_

Ahem... http://www.phanfare.com/iphone/#pg=album&dg=10564922%3A6740894%3A-1%3A2015%3A-1%3A1290810

DC

_DC_

Here you go bb

http://watchfinder.phanfare.com/6740894

Ah damn it, I got beat to it!!

I plan on getting one some time (probably buy the one Rob buys off of him when he gets bored of it :P) but I got many a strap to buy first!!

DC