Sign in to follow this  
xcape

help with screw

xcape

Hello guys,

Ii need help with this screw (picture below), i can not find tool to unscrew it. Did anyone know where to get it? thanks for help. I dont know hot it happen but I must open my watch, I can not look at her having a mailfunction.

5x.jpg

Edited by xcape

seclark007

What, theres nothing about sex in this thread :D:lmao2::D:D:D

peter

I thought he wanted a prison warder knocked up. :D

xcape

C'mon guys, the thing is serious. Ned help, so with your help I can solve it.

wombosi

You'll need probably one of these, but probably smaller. Looks like some sort of an external or male torx to me... but don't pin me down on that.

BTW, about the screwing... how's your wife looking?

Edited by wombosi

Dr.DoMeALittle

I know a lot about screwing

NoCompromise

I'm planning to order the same model RM011 from Mary (your pictures helped convince me :lol:), so I did a little research on it. There is a long thread on another watch forum about removing these screws. Bad news - Torx heads have 6 points, but these Richard Mille type screws have 5 points. The only solution given is to take it to a machine shop and have a special tool made.

Depending on how tightly they are torqued down, it seems like you could modify a screwdriver to fit (somewhat like a springbar tool, but with the correct width cut out).

Do you have a problem with the watch?

Edit:

Ok, I did a quick search, and found a possibility - 'spline' sockets that fit a variety of screw/bolt heads:

Amazon - Universal Spline Sockets

41qpT3coTRL.jpg

31k-m0xG-FL.jpg

Edited by NoCompromise

xcape
I'm planning to order the same model RM011 from Mary (your pictures helped convince me :lol:), so I did a little research on it. There is a long thread on another watch forum about removing these screws. Bad news - Torx heads have 6 points, but these Richard Mille type screws have 5 points. The only solution given is to take it to a machine shop and have a special tool made.

Depending on how tightly they are torqued down, it seems like you could modify a screwdriver to fit (somewhat like a springbar tool, but with the correct width cut out).

Do you have a problem with the watch?

I know that is problem with these screws, I also find a post in other forum but they dont find that kind of screwdriver.

I have a little mailfunction with watch, so I want to open it. One of the pointers fall out and not showing days anymore.

But watch is working absolutly fine even that he have this mailfunction. I dont know how it happen but one day at work I just want to look what the time is and I saw that. Hope I will find soon the tool to open the case and repair it.

NoCompromise

Here is a picture of the actual RM tool:

DSC_00590001.JPG

Let us know if you find something that works.

xcape
Here is a picture of the actual RM tool:

DSC_00590001.JPG

Let us know if you find something that works.

Is this home made?

Need this tool to repair my watch.