Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

End of week wrist check

greg_r

Haven't started one of these for a while, so what're you all wearing?

Today (Thurs) it's my Tag Grand Carrera RS8:

taggc21j_2.jpg

Tomorrow it'll probably be my Fiddy as usual:

pam127_2.jpg

No idea what I'm gonna do on Sat - having lunch with an old friend and former colleague, so it'll prolly be something a bit dressier.

oscarmadfish

i have been wearing this for a few days now

i normally do not wear a watch at home but this fooker seems to stop when i leave it in the winder so i thought i would give it wrist time and its been fine

IMG_0168.jpg

oscarmadfish

of course i wish i had this to wear

hublot-red-devil-bang.jpg

greg_r

lol - I figured you'd still be hankering after that one. A bit doubtful it'll be repped either, unfortunately... :)

oscarmadfish

yeah doubtfull

AllergyDoc
Tona4.jpg

greg_r

hehe cool, Doc - I'm guessing that's going to get a lot of wear now it's working well :)

Massimo

IWC today.

IWC1a.jpg

NFleischer

DSC00140.JPG

this Chopard which i just had to fix!!really; the $$ i spend servicing 35 reps or so is nuts.

the newer ones have alot of issues. the A7750 and 'swiss' etas all need to be serviced after 6-9 months

in my experience. i just factor an extra $100 into almost every watch now.

Edited by NFleischer

omni

I've never ever participated in any of these kinds of "wrist check" threads on any forum since I only own 6 watches now, but today I posted for the first time over at RWGjr in just such a thread because of all things I got a new strap, so I'll duplicate here.

A Hirsch Riva Strap today.

P104HirschRiva.jpg

alphakazi

interesting strap omni

well, in light of my recent rolex win - I'm trying to spark some feeling for the thing - here's a beginnermariner - looking forward to comparing it to the noob factory one from Chris shortly - I see them both up for trade though

img5198.jpg

swissaddict

Been a while since I've worn this... as cool as I think it looks, it just doesn't feel right with most outfits.. but I'm wearing it today:

br0392.jpg

bro392_pocket.jpg

arty909

Hey SwissAdd- that's the one on my list. Is yours 42, 44, or 46mm? Thanks, Arty

swissaddict

Arty- it's the smaller 42mm model (gen BR 03-92) on a calf strap from altstraps.com. wears larger than other 42mm watches i have, though..i guess it's the square case.

greg_r
Been a while since I've worn this... as cool as I think it looks, it just doesn't feel right with most outfits.. but I'm wearing it today:

I love that - especially on that strap.

As it happens, I'm wearing my BR01 today. Gorgeous thing, but enormous - feels a lot larger than my Fiddy...

br0192.jpg

NFleischer

those are cool. i was thinking of the BR-02. kinda expensive $300 with Asian mov't. how's the $108 version with 21J?

greg_r
those are cool. i was thinking of the BR-02. kinda expensive $300 with Asian mov't. how's the $108 version with 21J?

$280-odd seems like a lot for a 'clone eta'. I paid just under $200 for mine, thanks to friends who were in China at the time, but none of the dealers seem to be doing that kind of price atm - might be worth emailing Hont on the offchance, though - if anyone can do it cheaper, he's the guy.

The 21J version isn't at all bad for a cheapie, but not really in the same league in terms of build quality - not to mention the lack of lume. The rubber strap is rather good, though and it looks the part provided you don't get too pernickety.

iabounty

Friday was my Trusty's Special Sub. I bought from Andrew a year ago. My first rep...

3249458176_d9aa1b960f_o.jpg

Saturday was my asian SOSF from Josh I bought in June 2008.....

3248452209_60825e4d92_o.jpg

Today my fathers gen. gold Elgin retirement watch......

3241846807_46a19bed1b_o.jpg

oscarmadfish

i am really starting to want a breitling SF

iabounty
i am really starting to want a breitling SF

oscar..... For a low cost asian SOSF the lume is outstanding and quite breath taking for many hours after the lights go out..... :lol:

arty909
Arty- it's the smaller 42mm model (gen BR 03-92) on a calf strap from altstraps.com. wears larger than other 42mm watches i have, though..i guess it's the square case.

Aw dammit, it's a gen. Hey Swissaddict- let's say yours got stolen, and you refused to pay retail for a gen- what dealer would you use to replace that beaut? Curiously. Arty

swissaddict

I have a soft spot for Hont, myself.. nice guy, lowest prices.. so I'd probably send him an email ([email protected]) w/ pic asking if he could get it and what his best price would be.. but if not Hont for whatever reason, my next two suggestions would be:

Ruby -- if saving some bucks is a concern (johng might burst into flames at the sight of her name, though.. he had a bad experience.. some say she's slipping, others say she's still good..) : http://nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=336

or

Josh -- if saving some bucks is not a concern, or if quickest communication & shipping is important: http://www.jpc8118.com/bo10039-instrument-...bph-p-4418.html

arty909

Thanks Swiss- having trouble justifying w/ Mrs. Arty, will keep you abreast of the situation...

swissaddict

If I may make a suggestion-- remind her that you can always sell it with minimal loss if you tire of it or decide you'd rather have the money for something else :)