Sign in to follow this  
jon k

Quality of Milgauss Green-Tint Glass on Reps?

jon k

I am interested in a Milgauss rep, and in particular, I was looking at Robert's (PrestigeWatchCo) offer --> offer link

I was wondering if people who have a Milgauss rep can comment on how genuine looking the green-tinted glass is? I can apparently order the rep without the tint at all. I don't know if the genuine Milgauss comes without the tint, but I would rather have it without than have a cheesy-looking green-tinted rep. In Robert's thread, the edge of the glass looks green, but not really tinted.

If the green tint doesn't look good, I would go with another Milguass option like the PVD or Bamford.

Aren

Hi Jon

I noticed you didn't get a reply to your question so I wanted to weigh in and say Hi. I happen to really like the green crystal. I bought the Green Milgauss for my son and it is really nice. You can only see the green fleetingly when the light strikes the crystal at certain angles. In fact, I couldn't even capture a picture of it. It is very subtle. When you see it, it is like a little surprise and whispers WOW, but doesn't scream.

My favorite Rolex is the Milgauss. It is smart and simple. Not too complicated or flashy yet very attractive. My son's ring has an emerald stone in it, so this watch really compliments it. If any green at all is offensive to you, then this is probably not the watch for you and go with the black which is also a nice choice, If a green huge at a certain angle appeals to you, this is a beauty. :lol:

The pictures of my son's watch really don't do it justice...but here are a couple:

2010-10-07_12-22-08_645.jpg

2010-10-07_12-21-50_705.jpg

Please don't use my photographs as a benchmark. These were taken with a cell phone and don't really show how lovely this watch is.

I recall in the past month someone captured the flash of the green crystal in a great photo but I can't recall who it was. Perhaps when this thread gets bumped up, someone will post some good shots for you. it is a matter of your personal taste, but pictures will certainly help you find your taste.

All the Best in your watch endeavors,

Arenaria

houndoggie

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

Aren

Wonderful photographs HD...thank you! :lol:

jon k
IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I am perfectly fine with the green tint, as long as it wasn't cheesy looking on a rep.

Houndoggie: Are the pics above from a replica you own? Or a specific dealer?

Edited by jon k

houndoggie
IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I am perfectly fine with the green tint, as long as it wasn't cheesy looking on a rep.

Houndoggie: Are the pics above from a replica you own? Or a specific dealer?

I did own that watch and those are my pictures of it. Dollars to donuts the dealer was PWC.

Aren

This tint is gorgeous to me...but it is personal taste. I don't know how HD got that photo because it is so hard to see the green when it flashes. It is so fast and then it is gone. It's like a surprise when I see it flash and disappears almost before you can see it. Well, I like it and HD's photos are excellent.

All the best. Good luck Jon

alistairw

:)

Hi Jon, firstly, the watch from Robert IMO llooks better in the flesh. The pics don't do it justice.

I tried really hard to capture the difference in the Green tint.

The link ScottM included is to the pics of my Milguass.

It is a beautiful watch, the finish is nothing short of first class.

How does it compare to the Gen?? no really sure, however some blown up pictures I

have compared to show it is exceptioanlly close.

At the end of the day, the deal Robert has is fantastic, if you decide to go ahead

and order, rest assured you won't be dissapointed.

Note for Aren re photographing to capture the tint, I find most pics of watches I take

I don't use a flash, where possible always take outside in natural light, I use a Black leather jacket as a background to highlight watch. But please don't stop taking the reflected shots, I'm really looking forward to the Pics of the Raymond Weil you won from Robert, ideally in the same setting as the pens to REALLY highlight the scenary and the watch.

mbjoer

My crystal has a lot of small scratches on it. It is the only watch in my collection with any.

I am not sure if I can polish it without damagind the green tint.

Any hints?

Member X

I'm not sure you would be able to get the scratches out without removing all the green tint!

You could ask Robert to see if he can source a new crystal but I think it would be too much hassle for him. You may be best to strip the green tint from the crystal and then have a 'fantasy' milgauss with the GV dial but no green crystal, as it would still look good :picard:

Silverspeed

Are you sure the green tint is on the outside of the crystal?

I've had the Milgauss GV but as far as I could tell the green tint was on the inside of the crystal