Sign in to follow this  
ellistyle1

Heavily Modded SKX007

ellistyle1

Prior to Christmas I knew I would have some vacation time. I also was bitten by the Seiko bug. I found a good deal on an SKX007. Then I bought a bunch of tools to crack the thing open. Then I found yobokies.

2014-11-20202206_zpsb164f70d.jpg

IMG_0013_zps2dca30b8.jpg

I was able to crack it open. There are any number of tutorials online to do what I set out to do. I removed the stem. Removed the hands. Removed the face. I popped the crystal and the chapter ring out. I got the face and hands back on. I tried to press the crystal back in and ended up buying 2 of those gasket thingies. I could not get that in without squeezing it. So I gave up and took it to a watch shop. I am pretty happy with it.

Which strap?

IMG_0212_zpsg3ydyidq.jpg

IMG_0211_zpsspyijkmk.jpg

IMG_0208_zps88fmbeay.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsrqkz3yz5.jpg

<RJ>

Well done!

sbryantgb

I like that, the way the new bevelled round thingy adds to the minimalist look and shows the offset crown really well. :)

PhillyRock

That looks bad ass!!!

I really like the look of the bezel and dial combo. Makes it POP in a very subtle way.

ellistyle1

Thanks guys. I really poured over the yobokies options and I think it turned out well. The bevel on the crystal and the chapter ring make a reflection that makes it look like the indices stretch beyond the dial. I couldn't have antipated that.

watchman2015

very nice ... keep the black strap on it , it look,s much sexy,er ...well done . :drool:

plankton

Black strap, love the look! I need to read about how to do this.

ellistyle1

Black strap, love the look! I need to read about how to do this.

Lots of online resources. I effed it up straight away and it ended up at a local watch shop for a few weeks. The result is much better than I could have done.

Thanks!

Genius

I think that bezel really makes the watch looks like a really solid lump of metal, and I mean that in a good way