Sign in to follow this  
chrish8

New Gunny arrived nice strap but will not order form again

chrish8

Just some quick photos of my new strap from Peter AKA Gunny Straps. He is nit a Trusted strap dealer here but is on the list under others.

The transaction with Peter was good he was very responsive and worked with me to get the exact look I wanted. As for the strap I do like the look and feel of the strap very soft and goes well with the U42.

With all that said I would likely not order from them again; even though I like the strap the time it took to get to me was way too long . It took about 2 months Dec 7 – Feb 9. While it was over Xmas and New Years I would expect a small delay but not 60 days and I do think 2 months for a strap is way too long.

I will likely just stick with McJules or the actual listed trusted strap dealers. I seriously think the straps McJules makes are as good if not better then Gunnys

cam pics

IMG_20150209_221050_zpsufwxepjj.jpgIMG_20150209_221010_zpsecembzoz.jpg

IMG_20150209_221035_zpsfb00m9u8.jpg

Ishmael

Nice strap, and you also confirmed why I'm not likely to order from him either - way too long of a wait time for a strap. Waiting that long for a whole watch (re: TC) is one thing, but for a strap? Nah.

jmac3789

yep, love me some gunny straps. the wait time though.. and $40 shipping to nyc.. that said, the caitlin 4 i just sold with a PAM is one of the most comfortable straps I've owned.

chrish8

sorry for the typo in my title.

Yup won't buy again. And Worst part was I was not advised of that until after I paid and followed up with him several days later for his approximate time to finish. Was given the answer that he had a lot of order for his retail store clients so single orders are put on hold.

yep, love me some gunny straps. the wait time though.. and $40 shipping to nyc.. that said, the caitlin 4 i just sold with a PAM is one of the most comfortable straps I've owned.

I am dead serious if you like the Gunnys try McJules out

EBWing

Yeah I hear ya.... This fucking hobby all you do is sit around and wait for everything! I second that on Mcjules... Ordered a strap and he is about a month out at the moment.

machiavegli

I love all the Gunnys I've bought but yeah it's definitely a wait time. Kai n Heritage also makes good straps and the packaging is sweet.

Mach

trailboss99

It's a Gunny, the man is one of the most respected strap makers in the world. Arnie get straps from him and when you are that popular a custom strap will take time. In my experience the average is around 30 days. If it's too long for you then fair 'nuf there are plenty of other great makers out there and Peter is hardly short of customers.

stolikat

Gunny straps are well worth their wait. I had one I ordered back in 2006 and it is still wearable.

Ishmael

I will say that the Arillo is one of the best looking straps I've ever seen. That thing on, say, a TC would be killer.

edwinowl
Gunny straps are well worth their wait. I had one I ordered back in 2006 and it is still wearable.

This ^^^

James.

Ive been waiting 5 months for my buhr strap. But gunny is top quality but i prefer 2nd hand cause fasterness

JohnG

60 days seems pretty good for Gunny - he must have a huge amount of work.

Pseudonym

I waited 8 weeks for my Gunny, but asked in advance how long the que was as I am aware of "who" he is.

The custom padded/tapered 24/22 Arillo that arrived was an amazing strap.

For leather work there are many many sources to try.

No one has mentioned Alfio of Bakeka. Lovely work & fast turn around.

An example of his work:

65b70c921cb4a263d1673bd99e363f8e.jpg

chrish8

It's a Gunny, the man is one of the most respected strap makers in the world. Arnie get straps from him and when you are that popular a custom strap will take time. In my experience the average is around 30 days. If it's too long for you then fair 'nuf there are plenty of other great makers out there and Peter is hardly short of customers.

Like I said no issues with the strap , just imo and mine only since it was my money spent I do not think the wait is worth the time/wait (a couple of mods also agree). Again just my own opinion there are equal if not better supporting members here that make straps.

As you said tons of other strap makers out there, and I will choose go that route.

As for him making a strap for Arnie the "govenator" I could care less, I don't buy things because a celeb has them I buy them because I like them.

Thrasher

I got a Gunny Verdi and it took a long time However its a great strap. That being Said, Hamilton makes an awesome strap in a week!

ant1

gunny take a long time but the quality and character are second to none, well worth a little longer

deju

I waited 3months for a customised strap from Dangerous9.

Personally not bothered how long it takes, for me it's a commissioned piece of art and I don't want it rushed.

There are many fast watch strap makers too, wontan craft are pretty fast and great service!

So you'll be able to find something to suit :D

In your case it's good you waited that long... Saves me time when I buy your u41 ;) ;)

Jetpants

Nice strap. 60 days (including transit) is about normal for Gunny.

While it was over Xmas and New Years I would expect a small delay but not 60 days.

Christian holidays have no effect in Indonesia.

chrish8

Nice strap. 60 days (including transit) is about normal for Gunny.

Like I said the strap is made very well and I like it but the hype and wait time to me is not wroth. There are also plenty of members/TDS that actually support the forum to order from which I will do from now on.

Christian holidays have no effect in Indonesia.

not talking about the effect it has over in Indonesia. Peter advised due to the holidays he was overwhelmed with orders for his retail store clients.

BentleySharp

Aww... That's a shame, because I was very pleased with the order I made from GunnyStraps. He was polite, courteous, quick, and the strap was a high quality leather at a reasonable price.

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience.

Pratt

Quite true . The waiting time damn fu@# long. I ordered once and never the 2nd time..