Sign in to follow this  
gromo

No receiving update emails anymore

gromo

Hi Admin's

Since 2 days I'm not receiving any emails on new post regarding the subjects I'm following.... (M2M watch sales for example..)

I've checked all the possible spam folder....

Am I the only one facing this ?!?

Thierry

greg_r

Has been covered many times before. See this thread for the most recent: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=95922

Essentially, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Many of the free email providers block us from time to time and there ain't much we can do about it.

Wriggles

My issue is a little different but possibly linked in root cause. I don't use email notifications, I have mine set to show in my notification list in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Since the last board outage a number of weeks ago (think it was a chronofag DDOS) my notifications randomly work.

So, there's no issue with email providers blocking them, this is directly on the board itself.

There may be 10 notifications in there and no indication, or there may be a dozen but only an indication of 2.

They could be there for hours without any red flag showing new notifications or sometimes they work and pop up immediately. Very strange.

Anyone else having that problem?

greg_r

Please double-check to see what notifications you have set up. If that shows no issues, try clearing your browser cache and/or deleting the cookie that rwg sets and signing in again - there's no problem with the board itself and notifications are working.

Wriggles

Clear my cache every day Greg. Nobody wants to see what's in there :rofl:

Sometimes when I untick and re-tick the notification options I want, it works again for a bit and then goes random again.

It's all just a little strange and seems to have appeared only after the last DDOS

I'm using Chrome on WinDoze....I'll just blame that. No real problem just thought I'd mention it.

The only thing I follow here with notifications is the M2M forums, and I've no money to spend anyway so probably for the best :D

gromo

Hi all

I've made no modifications...till today : changed the email adress, different provider located in different countries : same problem

Nothing in regards to any browser cache....I'm not receiving any emails from RWG since sunday the 8th @ 19h59 ....

Will keep looking...

Thanks

Edited by gromo

Hornet
Has been covered many times before. See this thread for the most recent: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=95922

Essentially, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Many of the free email providers block us from time to time and there ain't much we can do about it.

I may be naive here Greg, but can we as individuals ask our email providers to unblock? Or would that just be silly?

greg_r
Has been covered many times before. See this thread for the most recent: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=95922

I may be naive here Greg, but can we as individuals ask our email providers to unblock? Or would that just be silly?

Doesn't work that way. Many providers use rather aggressive blocklists - which are managed independently. They're what block us a lot of the time. The other factor is the subject matter of the forum - some ISPs block based on that.

Also note that a lot of free email providers are, frankly, crap. The only one I would consider using is gmail (which is, in fact, what I use for board-related mail). If you use hotmail/live.com I'm amazed you ever receive anything - they're completely block-happy...

Essentially, if you receive our notification emails, then great. If you don't, then sorry, but them's the breaks. All I will say is that I have personally received notifications (usually too damned many of 'em - I get a LOT of PMs and other stuff from the board) since day one without any issues EVER - and I use gmail for all board-related emails.

Hornet
Has been covered many times before. See this thread for the most recent: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=95922

Doesn't work that way. Many providers use rather aggressive blocklists - which are managed independently. They're what block us a lot of the time. The other factor is the subject matter of the forum - some ISPs block based on that.

Also note that a lot of free email providers are, frankly, crap. The only one I would consider using is gmail (which is, in fact, what I use for board-related mail). If you use hotmail/live.com I'm amazed you ever receive anything - they're completely block-happy...

Essentially, if you receive our notification emails, then great. If you don't, then sorry, but them's the breaks. All I will say is that I have personally received notifications (usually too damned many of 'em - I get a LOT of PMs and other stuff from the board) since day one without an issue - and I use gmail for all board-related emails.

Funnily enough I've been on Gmail all the time and not had a problem until the recent site down-times, after the last one the issue cured itself.....

.....it's kinda sad, but I miss getting the notifications and seeing what is going on!!! Or whether I'm missing a super deal on M2M that I really can't afford!

gromo

Hi Guys

This morning @ 8h55 LT (Paris) I received 46 email notifications....all the one missing since last sunday.....must be held in some queue somewhere....they were all released in one shot

:-)

Thanks for answering my post

ps : I'm not using "free" mailbox, I've used 2 providers I'm actually paying....I'll try gmail next time....I was just wondering if it was a general failure or just me...

Edited by gromo

greg_r

:facepalm:

Oh the joy of teh internetz.... :D

I wish I could take credit for fixing it, but I've done nowt...

KeNnY

:lol: yeah no mails for my gmail yesterday, and today 30 messages, but I am happy it is working again :)

Chavezzito

Tis funny!! :lmao:

RWG_zps1mjcxqw6.jpg

greg_r

We can only put it down to constipation. Something, somewhere has finally gotten some fibre! :rofl:

gromo

I know a little more.... All the mails that were sundely released went to the regular mailbox that was set till yesterday.... Looks like my swiss provider had troubles....

According to KeNny I was not the only one :-)

KeNnY

RWG_zps1mjcxqw6.jpg

2753_b83a.gif

greg_r

I dunno, Kenny - you complain that you're not getting emails and then when you finally get 'em, you delete 'em!

We can't win!

:lol:

Chavezzito

RWG_zps1mjcxqw6.jpg

2753_b83a.gif

Can´t see your image :(

Chavezzito

Went on tapatalk and now I see it :lol:

KeNnY

I dunno, Kenny - you complain that you're not getting emails and then when you finally get 'em, you delete 'em!

We can't win!

:lol:

I+dunno+man+i+think+_8c4c65cde0fa666280e4008d2c2d9030.png

I actually never delete any email lol, it is fun to read and see attachments from 7 years back :lol:

greg_r
:D

Hornet

Just got 240 emails in my inbox! :rofl:

greg_r

WTF?

What the hell is going on? :rofl:

Hornet
WTF?

What the hell is going on? :rofl:

Just got another 80......

Chavezzito