Sign in to follow this  
MDK

Franken CRPO courtesy of SSTEEL

MDK

Just though i would share some pictures of my Franken CRPO that has just come back from Micky.

We originally started out looking to fit a 2892a2 into the Noob CRPO, after a lot of sweat from Mickey and money poured into it we realised that it wasn't going to be possible, this is just down to the stem height of the 2892a2.

We tried a gen PO dial with longer pinions, changing Date wheels and realised it may be possible to do with custom spacer between the crystal and dial, but it would mean milling out the case and having a custom ring built to sit between the crystal and dial, so for now the 2892a2 is on hold(for Now until i can find someone to make the custom ring and mill out the case)

However, i have ended up with a CRPO with a gen Swiss ETA courtesy of Micky , Gen PO dial and hands ( seconds hand is the rep, i ordered the wrong one)

She is looking sharp and i dont mind the PO dial in the CRPO as the gen is amazing compared to the NOOB rep dial.

Will be sourcing a gen crystal and bezel next.

A big thank you to Micky for all his hard work on this, he is a generous stand up guy, who i have no hesitation recommending for any work.

15882547413_c2d2245019_b.jpg

15880139814_d59a686dde_b.jpg

16316781977_a0ecc6974d_b.jpg

16315245680_1cccf22669_b.jpg

Irishcain

Very nice.

SSTEEL

Thanks for the feedback, and recommendation mate, she's a beauty thats for sure. I just purchased a genuine bezel and insert for my 45.5mm UPO :D

NFleischer

That's sweet, congrats!

jirokul

Beautifull...cant wait for mine to arrive

MDK

Thanks for the feedback, and recommendation mate, she's a beauty thats for sure. I just purchased a genuine bezel and insert for my 45.5mm UPO :D

Ouch, they aint cheap, Cousins have bumped their prices recently, thinking nearly £300 for the bezel for mine, plus £180 for a crystal.

BadPickle

You might want to get the "gen bezel" verified, he shafted some other poor fucker with a rep/gen swap.

I'll dig out the thread if you need me to

SSTEEL

You might want to get the "gen bezel" verified, he shafted some other poor fucker with a rep/gen swap.

I'll dig out the thread if you need me to

Who Pap from RWI? Very much doubt it, he's a good guy, purchased many times from him. I purchased mine from his recent for sale thread on RWI where he was advertising three.

Would appreciate the link to the thread though for curiosity Stu mate.

BadPickle

No probs ssteal, was actually a gen dial, not bezel, (whoops my mistake) you had a little "mix up" with, just before your holidays too, when you possibly needed the cash. Got found out then panicked???

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=82526&hl=ssteel&st=0

SSTEEL

Ah that old fruit cake, why drag that back up when I revealed it wasn't a mix up, and even proved to everyone is was no mix up Stu. If you actually read the thread properly, you will see it was myself who got scammed.

BadPickle

Ah that old fruit cake, why drag that back up when I revealed it wasn't a mix up, and even proved to everyone is was no mix up Stu. If you actually read the thread properly, you will see it was myself who got scammed.

you got found out that's all, your customer had a keen eye that time...., how many did you get away with? $$£$£££

SSTEEL

Give it a rest, and get off my back, I didn't get found at all and you bloody well know it Stu, so stop being a fucking arse and get a life.

BadPickle

:lmao2:

Yes you did, if the customer hadn't have spotted it, you would've gotten away with it

SSTEEL

Your back on Ignore Stu you tool. I thought you grew up, but alas not so :lol:

BadPickle

Its nothing to do with growing up, you were trying to rob someone and got caught. I couldn't care less if you are ignoring me or not. Just thought people should be aware.

If you think I'm stepping over the line or spreading lies, then report me to mods/admin. Oh wait...... You aren't even to be trusted here ssteal :lmao:

Mystery Shopper

Over the years I have sent some of my watches to both TDs and non TDs for mods. When I send to non TDs, it has been completely at my own risk but I have left positive feedback when all has gone well. They weren't TDs (and probably never will be) because of the strict rules & qualifications the board requires of our TDs.

Generally I think PB gets it pretty right but in this case he has thread crapped with barely relevant second hand data on MDKs experience. Poor form in my book.

MDK

Today i have done some more work on my CRPO franken ( fit a gen Omega Movement), during the process i can assure anyone that the dial in my watch is the Gen i bought from Cousins, Micky has done right by me.

SSTEEL
:thumbsup2:

Flipper81

When can we see the pics

MetalMickey

For what it is worth, I have had work done by Micky, aware of the non TD risks and found him to be honest and professional and would use him again.

MDK your watch looks great

MDK

When can we see the pics

Here you go, some pictures of the new Movement.

This is one of the smoothest movements i have ever seen.

I am now happy to keep the display case back on it, the Omega movement is beautiful, i really needs a new crystal, there are a few scratches on the AR and it will make the dial and hands pop more.

Crystal and Bezel are next then maybe a Gen bracelet

The 2200 is actually a derivative of the 1120 movement with Seconds @6, so i swapped the main plate from the Bvlgari onto the Omega 2200 to give me a Omega 1120 movement.

To solve the issue of the stem position, first i fit higher pinions onto the 1120 movement, then placed a spacer between the dial and case to push the stem position back in line with the crown tube.

It is just mocked up for now and i have a little fettling to do, but this is probably one of the first CRPO out there to a have GEN Omega 2200\1200 movement in it,

16499977926_a760af6f7a_b.jpg

15903418694_b4e702e30d_b.jpg

16499979746_96b91da73a_b.jpg

16339727679_118917026f_b.jpg

16340085397_7203a735c1_b.jpg

JSJ

The PO is one of my favourites and your Franken is a great watch.

I'm curious about spending what must be quite a lot of money on this when second hand gens are at £2500 or so.

Not wishing in any way to criticise your watch which is a stunner, just trying to understand the thinking. I might even go that way myself one day as my rep tastes develop.

SSTEEL

I'm curious about spending what must be quite a lot of money on this when second hand gens are at £2500 or so.

Not wishing in any way to criticise your watch which is a stunner, just trying to understand the thinking. I might even go that way myself one day as my rep tastes develop.

I hear you, I have a franken Tag Carrera CV2A10, all genuine parts except the mid-case. Used gens of this model can also be had for the money I spent on frankening it, but how I look at it is like this...

Better to build than buy, its more fun, and makes your watch your own if that makes sense.

MDK

So far i haven't spent as much as you may think about 25% of the price of a used gen, i will also reap some cost back when i sell on the Noob parts.

If i go gen bezel and bracelet then yeah used Gen is more cost effective.

I did it for the challenge and because its a great feeling when it all falls together, its not a gen Omega, but its a pretty special watch. And as Micky says its a fun thing to do

JSJ

Thanks guys, yes I really get the fun bit. Good luck to you. That movement is very special.