Sign in to follow this  
Bliew

Noob PAM243 Has Arrived!!

Bliew

Completely ecstatic right now :P

Visited a Panerai boutique about 2 months ago to try out several Subs (305 and 389) but none of them really spoke to me. Saw a picture of the 243 in the 2012 catalogue and given its 44mm size I knew that it was the one for me!! After lusting and searching on the M2M for a couple of months, I decided to just go TD. I normally prefer M2M as no custom risks and delays, but no one on here would part with theirs! Seriously guys :lmao:

I can definitely see why now...the attention to detail on this thing is amazing. Extremely solid and well built. I know no reps are 1:1, but this looks/feels pretty darn close!

And now some pics! I'll update later with better pics once I get my DSLR back

Packed like a tank:

photo_2_13.jpg

photo_1_15.jpg

photo_4_3.jpg

photo_3_6.jpg

:drool:

Was really afraid that it would be a little over sized, much like the 305, but I think it's do-able!

photo_5_2.jpg

Only caveats are that bezel markers are a little crooked (TD didn't send same watch as QC pics incident...) and the CG lever a little loose, but hey, a rep is a rep! And honestly these things are fixable at worst.

Extremely satisfied with this one. Already have an Ammo coming in from Forrest (JohnG) and planning on getting a canvas built from him as well!

Apologies for the sub par pictures, I'll update later :giggle:

B

Ishmael

"TD didn't send same watch as QC pics"... what the hell is going on here?! This is the second or third time I've read similar things in reviews in as many days! If this has occurred OP, do us all a favor and PM a mod about it. If we aren't getting the same watch as shown in the QCs, then there's no fucking point in the QC process!!

By the way, nice watch :)

Bliew

"TD didn't send same watch as QC pics"... what the hell is going on here?! This is the second or third time I've read similar things in reviews in as many days! If this has occurred OP, do us all a favor and PM a mod about it. If we aren't getting the same watch as shown in the QCs, then there's no fucking point in the QC process!!

By the way, nice watch :)

Pretty unfortunate as the QC pic watch was perfect (and I liked the watch's number :giggle: ). I'm contacting the TD to ask about the switch first (benefit of the doubt), but we'll see where it goes from there...

Thanks Ish :P

Ishmael

Sure mate, can't be having any of that funny business going on...

Also good call on the JohnG strap, he's the best :thumbsup2:

JSJ

Alright, PM me when you're putting it on M2M. :giggle: .

It's the first PAM I've seen that I actually like. I could wear that. Thanks for the review.

Cos I'm a lazy old fucker, can you please give me a link to the listing, or maybe you don't want to because of the qc issue, so even just the price you paid?

Room here for a 'Who has the best 243' thread maybe?

Bliew

I've flipped probably 5 or 6 watches in the last month and this one actually feels like a keeper :giggle: .

Most can get it for around $358 + shipped from what my research got me. Great price for a super rep IMO, on par with the BP FF (flipped it but regretting it now) and the JLC NSD. Just go with your favorite dealer!

I think that the consensus is the the Noob V3 PAM243 is the most accurate OFTB at the moment. The Hfac has a slightly more accurate dial (crisper text under microscope?) but has a thicker ring for the pearl which should only be present on the T-series 243's (repp'ed ones are L) as well as a CG level that is slightly off gen (Noob is spot on). And for some reason H-fac has a 120 click bezel...not really sure why :huh:

Hope this helps you! Mine probably won't be going anywhere for a long time :P

Edited by Bliew

chrish8

That watch looks amazing it where it well.

And if you could follow up with what ish said and let a mod know about the qcs

Realism

Important question: did you wear a rep to the boutique?

:rofl:

pfcdre

Nice watch op, I love mine, I was lucky enough to get mine on a m2m with 2 straps, enjoy in good health, as for the qc pics I agree with Ishmael, something has to be sorted soon with this one way or another, absolutely no point accepting a qc pic if its not the watch your getting, makes no sense. Anyway mine says hi.

20140524_133159.jpg

20140524_130034.jpg

20140524_125919.jpg

JSJ
I've flipped probably 5 or 6 watches in the last month and this one actually feels like a keeper :giggle: .

Most can get it for around $358 + shipped from what my research got me. Great price for a super rep IMO, on par with the BP FF (flipped it but regretting it now) and the JLC NSD. Just go with your favorite dealer!

I think that the consensus is the the Noob V3 PAM243 is the most accurate OFTB at the moment. The Hfac has a slightly more accurate dial (crisper text under microscope?) but has a thicker ring for the pearl which should only be present on the T-series 243's (repp'ed ones are L) as well as a CG level that is slightly off gen (Noob is spot on). And for some reason H-fac has a 120 click bezel...not really sure why :huh:

Hope this helps you! Mine probably won't be going anywhere for a long time :P

cogwatch

Was really afraid that it would be a little over sized, much like the 305, but I think it's do-able!

Great choice and it's absolutely do-able, doesn't even look the slightest bit too large on your wrist. Looks perfect.

And great call on getting leather for it. The original rubber strap is OK, but it's a whole different watch on leather.

Mine on leather says hello!! Also with it's big brother 305 that you mentioned for side by side size comparison. By the way, I have a 6.5" wrist and I think the bigger 305 works no problem for me!!

e744f834-8728-4c42-a4f5-ee3575907a83_zpse9fc6171.jpg

f44afb2c-fe4e-419c-a414-633d8e5d3f45_zps6d397a80.jpg

Bliew

Great choice and it's absolutely do-able, doesn't even look the slightest bit too large on your wrist. Looks perfect.

And great call on getting leather for it. The original rubber strap is OK, but it's a whole different watch on leather.

Mine on leather says hello!! Also with it's big brother 305 that you mentioned for side by side size comparison. By the way, I have a 6.5" wrist and I think the bigger 305 works no problem for me!!

e744f834-8728-4c42-a4f5-ee3575907a83_zpse9fc6171.jpg

f44afb2c-fe4e-419c-a414-633d8e5d3f45_zps6d397a80.jpg

Wow, looks great on that strap! Can't wait for the leather and canvas to come in, gotta love the versatility of PAMs!!

I was wondering if I could get a wristie of the 305 on you? I also have about 6.5in wrist but the 305 had a bit too much over hang when I tried it on. Great duo though :P

TheInthusiest

you got one of the better reps of this model.

Most have really crappy pearls. Yours looks spot on! :)

cogwatch

Wow, looks great on that strap! Can't wait for the leather and canvas to come in, gotta love the versatility of PAMs!!

I was wondering if I could get a wristie of the 305 on you? I also have about 6.5in wrist but the 305 had a bit too much over hang when I tried it on. Great duo though :P

Here you go, 305 wristie on 6.5" wrist. Doesn't look or feel too big, to me anyway :)

3A6B80E6-A04F-46E2-A6ED-F64A3C33849D_zpsxm8ddtk0.jpg

ryanvan01

Where did you get it man-?

Bliew

Here you go, 305 wristie on 6.5" wrist. Doesn't look or feel too big, to me anyway :)

Wow that looks great on you! For some reason I couldn't get over the fact that it was so light in comparison to its size. But I'm incredibly drawn to how "clean" it looks in comparison to the 243's "ruggedness". Does that justify have both though... :giggle:

Thank ya :thumbsup:

Pamfan47

Wow that looks great on you! For some reason I couldn't get over the fact that it was so light in comparison to its size. But I'm incredibly drawn to how "clean" it looks in comparison to the 243's "ruggedness". Does that justify have both though... :giggle:

Thank ya :thumbsup:

How is the rubber strap feel? Any smell? Let me know if you want to sell the rubber strap dude.

Bliew

How is the rubber strap feel? Any smell? Let me know if you want to sell the rubber strap dude.

Rubber strap feels great! Almost gen like from what I remember (not as "silky" though). Surprisingly no smell at all...I expected a strong vanilla or strong rubber but literally nothing!

I'll let you know man. I have a couple of straps incoming for this one so I'll have to compare see if it'll be apart of the strap collection :P

cogwatch

That definitely justifies having both!! Of course I have more than 100 watches, so you probably shouldn't listen to me :)

Here a pic of the 305 on a nice leather strap I got from Phizzy here on RWG. I think it's a perfect combo. The black and red strap on the Breitling is from Phizzy too......

blacktan_zps1e32fb10.jpg

28bfad7a90379add1783a866aa34c3e1_zps351015c0.jpg

Bliew

The 305 is definitely the cleanest Sub I've ever seen :P

Also, new shoes for the 243, courtesy of JohnG over at Nero!

photo_18.jpg