Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

NEWS: There's a new new 5227 rep!!

Pseudonym

Keeping my eye out for the RG version of this...

_DC_

Ditto!!!

DC

Pseudonym

Ditto!!!

DC

Yup. RG miyota. Croc Strap, PP deployant... BOOM.

Edit: Or just buy your existing one as it looks the shit!!

lef808

Ditto!!!

DC

Ditto squared

Tichymeloun

Dou you guys think, it would be possible to find someone who could "upgrade" the movement in order to make it look more patek-like, adding the correct engravings. I really like what KW did with miyota movement on Omegas, to make it look like 8400 Omega mvmnt.

_DC_
Dou you guys think, it would be possible to find someone who could "upgrade" the movement in order to make it look more patek-like, adding the correct engravings. I really like what KW did with miyota movement on Omegas, to make it look like 8400 Omega mvmnt.

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, as with the A3120 movement fitted to some new AP reps it's possible with a 2824 movement to add bridges that make the movement look like the gen, BUT, no ones done it yet for the Patek 324 SC movement and even if they did it would be too thick for this or any other Patek watch (the AP one is only being used in the Diver as it's too thick for the 15400.... and the 15400 isn't exactly slim)!!!

Hope that helps!

DC

Tichymeloun

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, as with the A3120 movement fitted to some new AP reps it's possible with a 2824 movement to add bridges that make the movement look like the gen, BUT, no ones done it yet for the Patek 324 SC movement and even if they did it would be too thick for this or any other Patek watch (the AP one is only being used in the Diver as it's too thick for the 15400.... and the 15400 isn't exactly slim)!!!

Hope that helps!

DC

The short answer is no.

Hope that helps!

DC

Hi DC,

Sure I didn't mean to add on the extra bridges, i have checked the 9015 technical drawings and you are absolutely right. My thought would be to split the massive bridge in three ( as on 324 sc- seems it could be duable) and to add the engravings. It would not be 1:1, bud would look more correct than the current version. Even doing the engravings only would move the movement to a next level:)

image_zps8c0e4qnc.jpg

Edited by Tichymeloun

_DC_

Don't want to quash your enthusiasm but I think perhaps you're being a little over ambitious, if you actually look at a Miyota that bridge is a lot smaller than the combined three bridges on the 324 SC, and you can't just go slicing up bridges, they have a purpose!!

Also there's not much room for engraving between the jewels etc!

DC

Tichymeloun

:-) One bridge coud be exchanged for three, offcourse it would involve some machinery...the trick is, that miyota has one bridge as it is much easier to have one. It makes the movement slightly heavier but much cheaper to produce. Looking at the technical drawing from miyota, there seems to be enough space under the bridges to drill in the extra holes for the screws... Sure it could end up by a total disaster, but since the this calatrava rep is out, i am thinking of it so heavily, i think I will have to try myself:)

Or, at least adding the engravings to the current, one bridge, would be nice:-)

_DC_

Well I wish you luck my friend, be sure to keep us all posted!

DC

Tichymeloun

Will do my best:)

Foxindebox

Unfortunately the dial is white.... everything else looks great.

Duzza

I picked up a Lovely looking rep Calatrava in 'Harrods' in Sharm, Egypt over new year. £60 the guy wanted for it. I wasn't sure enough on my Pateks to know if it was a fantasy or not but it had a beautifully decorated movement with engravings. Almost bought it just for that reason.

_DC_
I picked up a Lovely looking rep Calatrava in 'Harrods' in Sharm, Egypt over new year. £60 the guy wanted for it. I wasn't sure enough on my Pateks to know if it was a fantasy or not but it had a beautifully decorated movement with engravings. Almost bought it just for that reason.

Damn, would have liked to see pics, you should have bought it lol!

DC

Tichymeloun

DC

Mee too

Duzza

DC

Kind of wish I'd picked it up now. Was a running seconds at 6 with stick markers. Rose gold or stainless on offer.

lef808

Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting better pictures of the new new 5227 other than what is already posted on the TD website?

Tichymeloun

There are quite good pictures on trusty watch, but I heven't seen better so far

Tichymeloun

DC

So I did the first step, ordered the miyota 9015 from cousinsuk :-)

nyckid

This sure is, a new "Calastrava"

See what I did? :giggle:

peteins

WHERE IS THE RG VERSION!?!?!?!?!? aghhhhhh

_DC_

DC

So I did the first step, ordered the miyota 9015 from cousinsuk :-)

Why would you order a Miyota movement from cousins, why not buy the rep with the Miyota movement in it?!?

Am I missing something here?!

DC

Tichymeloun

Just decided to try the movement modding and if it goes well, I will order the 5227 rep.

Duzza

I find this a curious choice for movement modding, given the caseback is closed (unless specifically opened)

Tichymeloun

I just like to have things as good as possible, that's the reason for the modding. The reason I decided to do it this way is that throwing 50GBP into bucket doesn't hurt as much as throwing out 288USD. I am not 100% sure the modding will go well, just want to give it a try.

Never the less, I understand it might seem a bit strange.