Gazzla

Rolex Submariner - Noob V5 Review & Photoshoot!

Cwall3415
Hello Guys, super Noob here. First post.

A week ago I didn't even know that this type of forums existed, or at least I didn't know which ones were good.

I've decided to go easy, low risk for my first order. I am in Eu, Spain, I need to order from someone who offers the Eu shipping (noticed most good websites do).

Back to the v5 Noob. I've noticed that some websites offer the choice on the movement. What would you recommend? Some sites also offer or charge for a full check before shipping (not sure they really do something besides taking more money).

What would you recommend here? Swiss movement? or it is just useless. Facilitates future servicing?

Thanks.

Just get the asain ETA, don't spend the extra on the "Swiss" movement.... As some here have stated in other threads, a lot of times the "Swiss" is just a miss mash of different parts! As for the servicing, I have never ported for the dealer service.. If I do, I will get one of the modders here or on RWI to service mine when I have issues!

Opted... Not ported! Sorry for some reason, I can't edit post!

almograve
Hello Guys, super Noob here. First post.

A week ago I didn't even know that this type of forums existed, or at least I didn't know which ones were good.

I've decided to go easy, low risk for my first order. I am in Eu, Spain, I need to order from someone who offers the Eu shipping (noticed most good websites do).

Back to the v5 Noob. I've noticed that some websites offer the choice on the movement. What would you recommend? Some sites also offer or charge for a full check before shipping (not sure they really do something besides taking more money).

What would you recommend here? Swiss movement? or it is just useless. Facilitates future servicing?

Thanks.

Just get the asain ETA, don't spend the extra on the "Swiss" movement.... As some here have stated in other threads, a lot of times the "Swiss" is just a miss mash of different parts! As for the servicing, I have never ported for the dealer service.. If I do, I will get one of the modders here or on RWI to service mine when I have issues!

Opted... Not ported! Sorry for some reason, I can't edit post!

Thank you! Super clear! Will order one now! Regarding the baby oil bath for the band, you just leave it there for a while, remove and clean it with a clean cloth I suppose. Right?

almorwg

Powermax, love the pictures on the black background. Will be receiving my sub in the next few days and I will add some pictures. Could you tell us more about the tech specs of the pictures? What type of light do you use? What do you use as the backgroup? you should them at f8 and above or sometimes even less? How do you light it up? How do you cast that blue (ipad?)?

Thanks!

Edited by almorwg

marcinfmair

amazing shots and stunning watch!

ex660

just got my N V5 green sub.. My last purchase was like months ago and this time as usual my order is with Toro..

and gosh i have to say.. their service got upgraded to First Class !

Why i so ? it used to take 2-3 weeks in total for the order to be processed and then shipped, and only arrived at my door step and I am in Asia.

this time around, I had the order in the 1st day, made the payment few days later and QC came in on the same day of payment and the item was shipped the next day, and guess what .. the Item arrived in just than less than 5 days .. and that's with the weekend included! paid on Wednesday and Item arrived on the next Tuesday ! this is awesome! I give their service 2 thumbs up !!

Ok back to the watch..

as i used to have a noob v3 sub.. i realized that they improved the packing quality by a lot with all of the protective wrapping all around the watch and came with the protector intact.

build wise is solid for the watch as usual.. and i think they feel when adjusting the time and date via the crown guard is pretty much improve and felt more solid than before.

however, when adjusting the bracelet, the screws seem to stucked with a lot of locktite and 1 of the screws that i tried to unscrew.. i had hard time to screw it back or out when it was only 1/4 out.

and i had no choice but to screw back and took quite some time to get it done, with minor damages to the head of the screw.. it almost lost its tread.

i dont recall having such problems with 2 other older versions of noob Sub's that i have when coming adjust the bracelet length..

Ok.. my biggest problem with photos below... the gap of the clip on the left.

to me, this is seems like an issue which has been troubling all of the versions of noob subs and the degree of defect is depending frm watch to watch.. as some has smaller gaps..

take a look at the photos below ..

20150728_221438_resized_zpsmvlyab1v.jpg

any advice for this ?

other than that .. I am a happy customer with Toro and this newly acquired Sub V5. *cheers*

Yannickdbvd

Where did u buy this rolex sub? Wich site?

Cooper_yue

Looks beautiful mate! where can I buy this Nooby V5 version watch?

Mystery Shopper

Write to any of the Trusted Dealers and enquire there.

In the first post Gazzla said his was from Toro.

Maresca

i ordered one sub v5 after i saw this thread :)

egyptfolyf

I think I will order a V5 as well!

princewilliam

These are the best pictures I've seen yet of a v5, I need to get my camera out. The standard lume is pretty good on these too

Shimano

Noob here. Just curious where I can buy one of these?

Lagger
Noob here. Just curious where I can buy one of these?

Hello mate, the answer is any of the trusted dealers here, look through their feedback and YOU decide which one to go for, just be aware these are replicas so you need to have ability or access to someone who can rectify small faults, not always needed but sometimes

flatpopely

So Ive pulled the trigger on a 116610 LN from Toro after reading this thread (Excited!!!!!).

Rolex Submariner 116610LN Ceramic Date Noob V5 best version

- Movement: Asian Eta 2836

I'll post up some pics when it arrives and perhaps a small review from purchase to arrival to help other newbies like me. (So glad I found this site - I bought a 116610 in Turkey and its good but after seing this one Its nowhere!).

Turkey 116610LN (apt name for me!) As you can see the dial markers don't line up rooperly - only noticed this after I got home, doh!

P1060205_zps69fpqpw0.jpg

Edited by flatpopely

Testomatic

Yeah and the printing is not that pretty either

Good luck on the QC pics take a deep detailed look at them. TD do their best but error is human so you could spot something they didn't t

princewilliam
So Ive pulled the trigger on a 116610 LN from Toro after reading this thread (Excited!!!!!).

Rolex Submariner 116610LN Ceramic Date Noob V5 best version

- Movement: Asian Eta 2836

I'll post up some pics when it arrives and perhaps a small review from purchase to arrival to help other newbies like me. (So glad I found this site - I bought a 116610 in Turkey and its good but after seing this one Its nowhere!).

Turkey 116610LN (apt name for me!) As you can see the dial markers don't line up rooperly - only noticed this after I got home, doh!

P1060205_zps69fpqpw0.jpg

Oversized pearl on that one! What's going on with those bezel cut outs?!!

Stephanova

Well Gaz, in case no one has mentioned it already, your photoskills are top notch. :rolleyes:

Its a beautiful watch by all means but I havent added one to my collection yet. Mainly beacuse its to common IMO :Hmmmph:

So this thread is pure eyecandy for me from behind the lens, and I like the photos more than the watch itself, thats for sure.

If I ever do add the Subbie to my collection,..and it is growing on me .. I thank you in advance for planting the seed. Great stuff and well done Mr.Gazzla

Gazzla

Well Gaz, in case no one has mentioned it already, your photoskills are top notch. :rolleyes:

Its a beautiful watch by all means but I havent added one to my collection yet. Mainly beacuse its to common IMO :Hmmmph:

So this thread is pure eyecandy for me from behind the lens, and I like the photos more than the watch itself, thats for sure.

If I ever do add the Subbie to my collection,..and it is growing on me .. I thank you in advance for planting the seed. Great stuff and well done Mr.Gazzla

Thank you.

Dutchguy

Dear Gazzla,

You just cost me €375.00 haha

Thanks.

IMG-20150924-WA0018_zpsltkkuups.jpeg

Rob Roy
Stunning Gazzla let me know when you realize its too small for you.

And Me!!!

Gazzla

Dear Gazzla,

You just cost me €375.00 haha

Thanks.

IMG-20150924-WA0018_zpsltkkuups.jpeg

Haha! Enjoy!

boredpanda

I have a quick question guys.

On reps like these, do the hour indices and hands sparkle like the original, or is it like flat?

Cause whenever I see a rolex, the hands are very polished/reflective of light so I was just wondering if reps are so polished too.

fatarms

I have a quick question guys.

On reps like these, do the hour indices and hands sparkle like the original, or is it like flat?

Cause whenever I see a rolex, the hands are very polished/reflective of light so I was just wondering if reps are so polished too.

They're all polished, just hard to capture in pictures unless you get the right angle.

scarab53

What movement is in this watch and where did you get it from.

Looks fantastic! I cannot fault the look.

Is the bezel loose or tight? Nothing worse than an I'll fitting bezel!

Did it come in Rolex box?

Pics are fantastic btw. Good find and good job.

Bobbyboy987

Great review thanks for the post