Jonnybaws

Is there such a thing......

Pseudonym

Perfect box:

thegate

288, 388, 505, 127, 438, 299, 441

Jonnybaws

Right... narrowed it down to...

Luminor, said I didn't want to go back to what I had before but the first list I worked on didn't have a GMT..

So, that slot is to be taken up by the 029, 3 birds with one stone, Luminor, GMT and a Tux dial!

158872.jpg

Radiomir, always liked the 388... the more I see it the more I like it..

pam388.png

Had this before. now I need to see if I can get hold of this again to fill the 1940s slot in the Pam box!

IMG_20140816_114103.jpg

1950s

Sandwich dial and Arabic numerals, make it different to the others in the box... which is why I've opted for 359

00018435.jpg

Sub, loved the look of this even since it was released and they've rep'd it to a decent standard, be rude not to have the 569 in the stable..

tn3k.jpg

Chrono... 253.. why not, its a stunner!

panerai-pam-253-i-luminor-1950-flyback-regatta-chronograph-2006-special-edition-only-500-pcs---4-americanlisted_31202423.jpg

_DC_

What I will say, is that with those six you will at least succeed where almost all PAM collections I've ever seen have failed, which is on variety, they are all very different!!!

Well done that man!

DC

Still all fuck-ugly though :rofl:

kennycoder

I was never a PAM kind of guy but after owning couple of them, the one that's left is 356. I really love it... plus it's an amazing rep with 7753 movement.

Jonnybaws

What I will say, is that with those six you will at least succeed where almost all PAM collections I've ever seen have failed, which is on variety, they are all very different!!!

Well done that man!

DC

Still all fuck-ugly though :rofl:

The back handed DC seal of approval..

I'll take it :D

Realism

BUY your GEN Breitling (Best advice here!!!)

kennycoder

BUY your GEN Breitling (Best advice here!!!)

Wise advise indeed. Sometimes I in a mood to sell all the reps I have and buy myself a gen Navitimer or IWC 3714.

Cannibal

I don't think you need six PAMs to get a decent representation of the brand. I have had 1 genuine of a 01, 005, 210 (with a gold hand conversion), as well as a gen RXW MM. I have also built a fantasy 47mm fiddy base tobacco dial with gold hands with a Swiss 6497, and a 47mm Radiomir tobacco dial with gold hands and a vintage Hamilton 917 inside... And reps I've had a 194, a 243 and a 114.

Of all those, I've kept the 243, the 114 and the two 47mm projects. People always say the 111 is a must have but the Luminor case doesn't have much historical significance, unlike the fiddy case. So I don't see why the need for the 111 (but I do have a 114 cuz I love the white dial base).

But one of every case style is always fun, too.

kennycoder

I'm of the opinion that 3 PAMs is more than enough. I classify them by "normal" (with CG), Radiomir and all others with chrono. :Whistle:

ShadyManc

You have to have a logo PAM, a 000 or 005. A 00390 and one of the boutique additions 411 etc. Thats 3 in the box. A 127 Noob or 372 SC and a vintage build 6152/1 or 6154. A 512 is worth a look, don't know what the rep is like but the gen is a beaut. It's a 42mm Rad 1940, so works well as a dress watch, small, thin and elegantly understated.

Teris

So many awesome PAMs. I don't think anyone's mentioned 346, but you should check it out if you like rads.

mysterio

So many awesome PAMs. I don't think anyone's mentioned 346, but you should check it out if you like rads.

If you prefer understated, 346 is a great choice. But I prefer polished cases so PAM388 it is for me (V1 with the ST2555 movement, just get a new set of lug bars for the potential issue plaguing V1). To complete the theoretical 6 (although I cannot limit my collection to just that, personally) PAM 569 (awesome Destro, Submersible Titanium with Hobnail dial), PAM 127 (classic Fiddy), PAM 390 (tobacco dial and gold hands make this base very classy), PAM 114 (white dial is a must, base config is just icing on the cake), and a vintage PAM (I'd love to have a Rolerai).

plankton

243?

MHardiman

If you can find one, the 44mm Submersible 025 with hobnail dial

mysterio

If you can find one, the 44mm Submersible 025 with hobnail dial

David sells it with a swiss movement.

UmpaHimself

Hard to say. I absolutely love PAMs but I tend to like stranger ones so I can't say I would recommend them as must have. I think at least one tobacco dial is required and one DLC/Ceramic but that is just me. Plus I also tend to stay away from PAM chronos. I think they are nice but I am a fan of Panerai for the simplicity of their dials and overall design. To me the chronos and some of the GMTs can over complicate that.

Daytona_Dreamer

oUEgazT.jpg?1

GAZ that 512 under that light ... man I agree with JonnyB ... I really want a 511 :)

IMG_20140816_114103.jpg

And JonnyB where did you find this 6154??? Very nice. I havent found any TDs selling it. Man I want one !!!