Sign in to follow this  
dapper

Strap changing for Panerai

dapper

Please be gentle with me. I'm still a newbie. As some of you may know I recently got my first rep Pam 104 and am very pleased with it. It is keeping good time. I want to have the option to change strap as and when I feel like it. TB supplied the two pointed tool which I assume you press the sprung pins in with to release the strap from the watch. But how do you release the buckle from the strap? The strap supplied by TB is a bit short anyway for my wrist. Also, when you guys post about 24/22, I take it that is 24mm wide at the watch tapering to 22mm at the strap ends?

I'd like a good rubber Panerai Officine strap and a nice tan leather one with contrast white stitching, so any tips as to who does good quality ones appreciated.

Could do with a list of abbreviations you guys use to understand what you are on about sometimes. :)

All piss taking gratefully received :sad:

Kleen™

I think the ones John G has made of late look pretty tasty...but there are many others out there, worth considering.

dapper

I want to retain the deployment clasp of my existing strap but transfer it to another strap. Is it easy to remove the deployment clasp from the strap? I'd quite like to get a tan strap like this one. Anyone of you kind guys can give me a lead to who would do one like this that retains a dep clasp. Also, a good quality rubber for a dep clasp with the Officine Panerai brand round it. ( and yes, I have looked but its a minefield out there. Even looked on Evil pay too )

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_68&product_id=90

mysterio

Yes, it's easy enough to remove and re-attach the deployant buckle. As for the rubber made for deployant, ask the TDs; some of them have stock of parts like straps. :)

Irishcain

The bars on the depltant work the same way as the spring bars holding the strap to the case.

kiko1314

Just make sure you measure the lug size and buckle size. Strap changing is fun with pam, you can get almost a different watch with another strap.

dapper

The bars on the depltant work the same way as the spring bars holding the strap to the case.

Don't see how with the part of the strap that's fixed to the deployment clasp??? The bar that goes through there feels solid and doesn't have any give to it. Do I have to get one of those special little vices with a thing to force the bar out?

Irishcain

No. You use a spring bar tool.

mysterio

In both versions of deployant that I have, I use a screwdriver.

The first version

1. On one side of the deployment bar, you can see a slot where a screwdriver will go into.

2. Unscrew it until you can remove the bar (it's almost half of the width of the strap).

3. The other half which includes the moving part you can slide out of the strap notch.

The second version (with pics since I took them already)

1. Beginning of the removal. Same state as your picture. Screw looks useless but it is not. Unscrew all the way until the screw is removed.

ARtFBiq.jpg

2. Like so. See the screw at the top. Be careful not to lose it.

AGy4rSO.jpg

3. Using something of a similar diameter as the pin (I used the ever handy paperclip), push the pin out (it doesn't matter which side).

08hJihi.jpg

4. Viola! Deployment removed! biggrin.png

9FpBBR4.jpg

pukka

interesting, I haven't come across the second version yet. I am finding that I like deployants more and more over regular buckles - less strap wear

dapper

In both versions of deployant that I have, I use a screwdriver.

The first version

1. On one side of the deployment bar, you can see a slot where a screwdriver will go into.

2. Unscrew it until you can remove the bar (it's almost half of the width of the strap).

3. The other half which includes the moving part you can slide out of the strap notch.

The second version (with pics since I took them already)

1. Beginning of the removal. Same state as your picture. Screw looks useless but it is not. Unscrew all the way until the screw is removed.

ARtFBiq.jpg

2. Like so. See the screw at the top. Be careful not to lose it.

AGy4rSO.jpg

3. Using something of a similar diameter as the pin (I used the ever handy paperclip), push the pin out (it doesn't matter which side).

08hJihi.jpg

4. Viola! Deployment removed! biggrin.png

9FpBBR4.jpg

Nope, on mine there is no slot either end of the bar for a screw driver. Puzzled??

Phizzy

It's in the middle of the bar... You see the groove in the pic above at the centre of the bar, it screws through the clasp and sits on this groove......it's very very small.

dapper

It's in the middle of the bar... You see the groove in the pic above at the centre of the bar, it screws through the clasp and sits on this groove......it's very very small.

Thank you Phizzy, got the little blighter now. Hard to spot.

dapper

So now I've figured that out with you guys help, can someone point me in the direction of some nice deployment straps for a Pam in tan & black with contrasting white stitching?

BadPickle

You could contact one of the trusted dealer strap makers to make one, :D