Poolsfinest

Sending Your Watch Back to China for Repair

Tits McGee

I never send watches back to China for some of the very concerns expressed above. I prefer to think of it as gambling. I believe the figure of about 30% of those sent back are never seen again or end up in major disputes.

One other reason is that I know how much patience I have. I can wait all year IF I know that's when I'm likely to receive what I ordered. I think the biggest issue is also the most common. Language or the exchange of info between TD's and customers. Once that watch has been dropped off at the post office for return to China, you hear NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, from either the TD's or shippers. Most TD's make NO effort whatsoever to at least acknowledge receipt of the return. With no info, one's mind begins to wonder and the nerves get going. 3 weeks later some noob will begin to fold tinfoil hats and work the blinds to see the black helicopters which are surely looking for him for when the watch does show up.  

All we can say is "It's a patient hobby".  

Then 3 months later (some sooner some later) the repaired :Whistle: item should be back in your hands. Congrats! You just hit your number on the roulette table! You made it thru the China/USA (UK) customs gauntlet of paying for a broken illegal item only to double down on your original bet which you successfully (luckily) won, only to re-bet things will go as smoothly.

I, personally, would never send a watch back to China for repair. I'd take as clear pics of the issue, send off an email to the TD explaining my issue, and let the TD know I'm having it repaired locally. I have a pretty close relationship with my TD so I might ask for some type of restitution. I don't recommend that BTW. 

Erudite

Has anyone sent back to chazingtime? They sent me an English address rather than a Mandarin one which seems odd.

Tits McGee
On 20/02/2015 at 04:08, black263 said:

I agree. It's time for pics

black263
23 hours ago, Tits McGee said:

I agree. It's time for pics

Holy Necropost BatTits.

Franksie

I ordered one from a non trusted dealer before I found RWG.......didn't work sent it back......nothing took it up with the site give up afer 3 months is was only £40 but it is the point. I like this .......never had an issue with TD's 

FelixS

You are right, I also never had issues with a TD :)

kaliban

Sending a watch back to China seems more hassle than it's worth. Better to just sell on as non-functional to someone with the skills to sort it out. 

reavenusgood gu

I'm so glad you can solve this problem

BadApple
3 minutes ago, reavenusgood gu said:

I'm so glad you can solve this problem

I'm so glad you are glad. 

Member X
1 hour ago, BadApple said:

I'm so glad you are glad. 

I'm glad that you're glad that he's glad.

:lol:

• Like 1

Redfire1066
On 20/02/2015 at 09:47, Poolsfinest said:

I recently had the misfortune of receiving a watch that didn't perform as it should.

This presents you with two options...

Deal with it yourself locally via a watchmaker who will work with reps. This will cost you a few pennies but you should be left with a serviced and fully functioning watch. This is the advice of many seasoned pros on the board.

Return to China via your TD who will repair the watch and get it back to you in the condition it should've arrived. This will take time, understanding, patience and fewer pennies.

Now I'm an old fashioned type of guy, and whilst I understand the risks associated with this game, I also expect to receive what I hand over my hard earned for. For this reason I went with option B.

Here follows the timeline of what went on and how long you can expect things to take if you go with my choice.

Upon realising the watch was faulty (in my case losing too much time over 24hr period, stopping, juddery seconds movement) I fired off an email to my TD.

He was quick to respond and asked me to return the watch to him. At this point I fired off another couple of messages detailing :- exactly how it was to be returned, how to fill in customs declaration, how to fill in the address, how to package. (Recorded Int, return of mechanical parts for repair, correct format, bubble wrap etc).

This process took around 2 days.

Off to the UK Post Office I went. My Customs Dec raised an eyebrow but no more. Cost was around £7.50 and off my watch went to China.

The journey to China took 8 days according to my tracking, arrived in Shanghai and was passed to Chinese customs.

Tracking now became a question of deciphering statements such as "total container unwrap, break and display judge". Anyhow my package sat in Shanghai for around 7 days.

At this point it moved on to its next port of call, Guangzhou, where it now sat in customs for another 6 days... Patience.

Finally I received my message from Ryan that I had been nervously waiting for. My watch had arrived!

He went to work and the watch went back to the Factory. Ultimately it was decided to send a new watch. This process took another 10 or so days.

Once Ryan knew he was to replace the watch everything happened extremely fast. He is the best dealer I have experienced for communication and speed.

QC's followed and within a couple of days of the watch being in his hands a new one was on its way back to me.

This happened to coincide with the run up to CNY, and the messages of doom on here filled me with little hope of receiving it anytime soon.

The watch posted from China on 11/2 and arrived in my hands 19/2.

So in summary...

5/1 - watch posted to China.

(2 weeks in transit/Chinese Customs)

27/1 - watch arrived at TD.

(Watch with dealer/factory)

11/2 - watch returned from China.

19/2 - watch arrived in UK.

Whole process took 42 days start to finish.

For tracking I found that track17.net is a useful resource.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing your experience.... helpful and detailed and good to know..... ... much appreciated.... ... ... will you share the link for the helpful TD?? :thumbsup2:

GingerApple
53 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.... helpful and detailed and good to know..... ... much appreciated.... ... ... will you share the link for the helpful TD?? :thumbsup2:

Oh dear.

Necro Necro Necro Necro!

:heffalump:

You're quoting a post written in 2015 by someone who hasn't visited the site since 2017.

• Like 1

BadPickle
22 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Oh dear.

Necro Necro Necro Necro!

:heffalump:

You're quoting a post written in 2015 by someone who hasn't visited the site since 2017.

:handjob:

oh dear? 

is there rules which say it’s forbidden?  I don’t think there is but maybe you’re so up to date here you’ll point them out for us :ohwell: 

• Like 1

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:handjob:

oh dear? 

is there rules which say it’s forbidden?  I don’t think there is but maybe you’re so up to date here you’ll point them out for us :ohwell: 

I just didn't want poor Redfire to be on tenterhooks (which incidentally is a word which, as a kid, I used to think was 'tenderhooks'). I imagined the fellow sitting by his computer waiting endlessly for a reply from a ghost.

#helping

As for the rules, I'll be lead by you - I understand you've been studying for your Mod exams for well over a decade now...?

• Like 1

BadPickle
2 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I just didn't want poor Redfire to be on tenterhooks (which incidentally is a word which, as a kid, I used to think was 'tenderhooks'). I imagined the fellow sitting by his computer waiting endlessly for a reply from a ghost.

#helping

As for the rules, I'll be lead by you - I understand you've been studying for your Mod exams for well over a decade now...?

Forum will send poolsfinest an email telling him he’s been quoted in a post, I’m sure he’ll bob back asap to reply... :D 

as for the rules, of course I only came here in 2012 so I’d hardly be studying them for 2 years before I joined now will I sillybilly  

:duel:

• Like 2

Redfire1066

Ahh. .... ... many thanks gentlemen..... I was aware of the Stone age post ....:stars: ... .. I ask......  .....,,.,,,,,,,, as .... I have many..... and many more again .... faulty replicas from TD’s over the years ..... that have lasted no more than a day to a few days on the wrist before being .... relegated to the dark drawer of shame  :boxedin:.   Who knows, maybe... someday baby ...I will be able to  make one working ..... .... and wearable watch from the best bits of them all.     I’ll call it the “Bitzer” Brand .... patent pending of course... lol 

......................“” Hope comes in many forms ..:boobies:”” ..., ......
and on RWG ““

Hope comes in many forum’s”” .,,,  
Thank you my friends :thumbsup2:

WatchGeek5711

My TD Sead knows a watchmaker in the Uk, i sent off a GMT by Arf cause tha damn clone movement broke on me.. 

seems more safe than to china, ask your Tds for help theyll eventually know some watchmakers thatll help you out.

Edit: necro post but maybe it helps someone in need

Edited by WatchGeek5711
  • Like 1

Dog
On 20/02/2015 at 09:47, Poolsfinest said:

I recently had the misfortune of receiving a watch that didn't perform as it should.

This presents you with two options...

Deal with it yourself locally via a watchmaker who will work with reps. This will cost you a few pennies but you should be left with a serviced and fully functioning watch. This is the advice of many seasoned pros on the board.

Return to China via your TD who will repair the watch and get it back to you in the condition it should've arrived. This will take time, understanding, patience and fewer pennies.

Now I'm an old fashioned type of guy, and whilst I understand the risks associated with this game, I also expect to receive what I hand over my hard earned for. For this reason I went with option B.

Here follows the timeline of what went on and how long you can expect things to take if you go with my choice.

Upon realising the watch was faulty (in my case losing too much time over 24hr period, stopping, juddery seconds movement) I fired off an email to my TD.

He was quick to respond and asked me to return the watch to him. At this point I fired off another couple of messages detailing :- exactly how it was to be returned, how to fill in customs declaration, how to fill in the address, how to package. (Recorded Int, return of mechanical parts for repair, correct format, bubble wrap etc).

This process took around 2 days.

Off to the UK Post Office I went. My Customs Dec raised an eyebrow but no more. Cost was around £7.50 and off my watch went to China.

The journey to China took 8 days according to my tracking, arrived in Shanghai and was passed to Chinese customs.

Tracking now became a question of deciphering statements such as "total container unwrap, break and display judge". Anyhow my package sat in Shanghai for around 7 days.

At this point it moved on to its next port of call, Guangzhou, where it now sat in customs for another 6 days... Patience.

Finally I received my message from Ryan that I had been nervously waiting for. My watch had arrived!

He went to work and the watch went back to the Factory. Ultimately it was decided to send a new watch. This process took another 10 or so days.

Once Ryan knew he was to replace the watch everything happened extremely fast. He is the best dealer I have experienced for communication and speed.

QC's followed and within a couple of days of the watch being in his hands a new one was on its way back to me.

This happened to coincide with the run up to CNY, and the messages of doom on here filled me with little hope of receiving it anytime soon.

The watch posted from China on 11/2 and arrived in my hands 19/2.

So in summary...

5/1 - watch posted to China.

(2 weeks in transit/Chinese Customs)

27/1 - watch arrived at TD.

(Watch with dealer/factory)

11/2 - watch returned from China.

19/2 - watch arrived in UK.

Whole process took 42 days start to finish.

For tracking I found that track17.net is a useful resource.

Cheers!

It's all a balance and all a risk. My good story is an an inexpensive watch I one bought from MYWATCHCODE  a few years ago. They paid for tracked and signed postage to China, repaired the watch, and got it back to me within four weeks. My bad experience was Chronos. They sent me a watch with a faulty movement. They said they would refund me after they received the watch back. The only way they would pay for the return was through Aliexpress postage, which requires form filling, and at least two months to get to the destination, if it actually arrives. I ended up taking a $10 partial refund. That is the last Cronos watch I buy

tempusroamer

always get mine done local, no point in sending back to China