Sign in to follow this  
Gelg

Precimax Aqua Classic (Breitling Superocean 44 Homage)

Gelg

Hi everyone. So I picked up Precimax Aqua Classic PX 13221. What really pushed me towards buying it was the price ($66.99 + free shipping) and the fact that it has "automatic japanese design movement". After some research, I was not able to ascertain which movement it was, but some people on WUS forum seemed to hint that it is Seiko, based on the design of the movement. The word "design" is kinda a red flag in the under $200 watch world, hinting towards that it may have been designed in Japan but made in China. Anyways I took the risk and spent my hard earned 67 bucks. The watch is really nice. It feels solid, yet not overly heavy on the wrist. The watch itself feels very well made. Feels nice to wear it. The bracelet is ok, not great. My biggest gripe with it is the fact it does not look anything like a Breitling bracelet. The clasp is solid.

I really like the fact that it has Day/Date. The day is in both english and spanish. The movement is ok. The sweep is kinda jerky, not smooth at all. It hacks when the crown is in adjust day/date position. It does not hack when it is in the adjust timeposition which is kinda crappy. Moreover if you move it into adjust time, and move the minute hand counter-clockwise, the second hand seems to run backwards. I try to avoid adjusting time in the counter clockwise direction because of that. The bezel clicks very nicely and smoothly. I really like the bezel. Its secure enough not to be turned by touching a car door etc, yet lax enough to turn with one finger, if gripped properly.

Now to the biggest let down of this watch. It is a Breitling homage. It is a rather big piece of metal. It looks like a diver's watch. It feels like a diver's watch. It smells like a divers watch. Yet. IT DOES NOT HAVE A SCREW-DOWN CROWN. That is just so disappointing... I would pay $30 more for this watch, only if it had a screw-down crown. For crying out loud, its like a race car with shitty tires. Its useless. You cant go fast in that car. Similarly this watch is 100m water resistant. I think this means that it is ok to take a shower wearing this watch, and some not intense swimming on the surface. It is not really a diver watch.

Oh it has a sapphimax crystal, which is probably just basically mineral glass. Its ok, thats what you expect in that price range.

Here's the link, you can still pick it up for $67.

http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA0390ZU9664

Edited by Gelg

sbryantgb

Thank you for the link, :)