Sign in to follow this  
usudno

Pinching the tube of a stripped omega po crown...

usudno

I have been searching all day for a post on the work around of pinching the tube with pliers to get some of the threads on the crown to catch... I have found a couple of posts but no guide of any sort. Can someone shed some light on how to access this tube ??

flyr

You have to open the caseback and remove the stem/crown, you will then be able to access the tube.

usudno

I have read how to get the case back off... I think I have also read about a stem release button of sorts. I would just like some clarification before I tackle this mod

flyr

It depends on which movement you have, 2824/2836 or 21 jewel.

The release will be different.

It is not hard to do, BUT, it is very easy to screw up the keyless works and make your watch unusable till it is fixed.

Fixing a keyless if screwed up means removing hands and dial.

Be very carefull when removing stem!

Do lots of reading and if you are going to attempt,

Good Luck!

markeym3

This is a strange one ... its more of a quick make do fix , really you should replace the crown and tube ..

there is a tutorial on this and I was going to do this on one if my po's

Or if not feeling too confident then get a repairer from here to do the replacement.

Cousins have all the parts you need .

But then this depends on the value of the watch..

Cheers

SSTEEL

As Mark says ^^ Its a temporary fix, best to replace the crown and tube with genuine parts, they are not as expensive as you think.

usudno

I have looked into the crown and tube replacement. Parts about 50$ U.S. labor about the same... I can send it over to katts I believe to fix it. The thing is I just received my noob ceramic po and plan on wearing it out only. Dinner, events, and things of that nature. If I can get my other po.. The v5 to set the time again it will become by daily watch and won't have to be setting the time as much. If this fix will work for just a while that would be fine. I have my tag grand carerra calibre 17 with no crystal I will try to sell off on m2m to fund the gen crown and tube if I am unable to find a replacement crystal. Thanks again

SSTEEL

Another alternative seeing as you won't be diving/swimming with it, that is to shorten the stem, so manual wind position would be in the screwed down position.

usudno

Actually SSTEEL while being "into the watch I was going to waterproof it to turn it into a true beater. Heading to Baha Mar in May and wanted to swim with it. If... And that's a big if I don't get a PAM before then!! Dammit this hobby is crazy