Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

SEL fit Gen 16610 vs WM9 v3

Eiderdaus

Hi,

not to raise a new discussion and not to receive old advises. I know for some of you many flaws are not important. This is mainly for mspangl and scone.

Gen

dsc002080.jpgdsc00210yl.jpg

If you notice there a small thin black line, that´s the shadow. The Endlinks are really tight to the case with no space

This looks different to the WM9 v3

dsc00212uu.jpg

There you can see that there is a little space. This leads to that fact that the bracelet is more "shakey" and "ratteling"dsc002120.jpg

Here again, the WM9 LV on the left and the gen LN on the right

dsc00213e.jpgdsc00214wm.jpg

dsc00217i0.jpgdsc00216in.jpg

and for comparison the SD rep

dsc00215bn.jpg

So to the point building the franken Sub, I think the WM9 case with it´s bracelet is not good enough regarding the SEL fit, maybe it´s because my is second hand but I would like to see that on other WM9.

mspangl, if you want to have the perfect lume, talk to fineDD, he is luming with machine and not using c3 and c1, he is using a stronger lume from superluminova the exact one for 16610. I have my SD relumed with it and currently my WM9 v1 is there for reluming. Thats something totally different what i saw so far on reluming jobs. there is absolutly no visible difference form the gen 16610 lume to the 16600 rep now.

I would like to build a franken sub as well, let me know if you have a dealer with gen parts :D

sconehead

hmmm, my WM9 LV for comparison...

4777091015_7b82c7080d_b.jpg

same gap it seems...

mspangl

thank you for showing me that eider :D // theres an even bigger gap at the sd or am i getting blind ?

i know a dealer who can support gen parts

will contact finedd! thank you mate.. just one question why you wanna build a franken sub? u got a gen sub.. wm9 sub and now a franken ;)?

Silverspeed

I've noticed it too on the WM9 subs, funny thing is that on the recent Subs from Timesshop

the fitting of the SEL's seems to be even better...and with a clone 2836 this one was $93

IMG_4720kopie.png

Eiderdaus

no, the SD has smaller gaps. But what makes we really worry are the gaps at the WM9s. It´s really so obvious.

Yeah people will say ....blabla it will fool 98 %, yes you are right it will but that´s not the point.

Just realised it at my collegue, he is wearing a brandnew datejust II oyster polished midlinks. that is something totally different when you see it in real compared to every rep I saw. the polished midlinks have such an amazing glare you cannot describe. And you can see how tight the SEL are. at this day i was wearing a rep and was hoping that he was not asking me to show him my "rlx". usually i had always a good feeling with the WM9 v3 but the SEL thing will not give me rest.

Ok, saw some pics from guys with good datejusts but i have never seen that good polished midlinks. i have a GMTcII with polished midlinks and this looks ridicioulous vs that from my collegue. i guess here come the material into the game where you cannot deny the quality differnce. glad that i am a sub lover and everything is brushed :D

why i want to build a franken sub ? i just want to have the perfect sub rep. yeah i know go buy a second hand, no i won´t i got already a gen. i want to have a rep and treat it like a rep. and yes it must have the same lume, waterproof and must look identical. if possible or not, i am on the search for it.

But i don´t need a gen movement, what i would look for is gen insert and bezel assembly, gen dial and hands, and if possible an excellent case with an excellent bracelet. i have done it with natos as well to hide the flaw with the SEL fit but I prefer the classic look with the bracelet.

I have never seen a gen dial and hand for modern subs 16610 on ebay or somewhere else. and how to be sure it´s a gen insert when you just see the pic on ebay.....

Eiderdaus
I've noticed it too on the WM9 subs, funny thing is that on the recent Subs from Timesshop

the fitting of the SEL's seems to be even better...and with a clone 2836 this one was $93

IMG_4720kopie.png

this one looks really good, but i doubt that the case side is shaped correctly, something i wrote a comparison in rlx section with a sticky note. noticed that on some noobs that the SEL is better but they got really weird CG shapes from the side

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6949

Eiderdaus

ah mspangl, in total i have 5 subs :D

mspangl

you cant ! so much aftermarket shit on ebay... yeah you got the same wish as me eider! i also want the perfect rep sub :D

i want a watch which got gen like sweep, i can go for a swim with it without being worried..

no, the SD has smaller gaps. But what makes we really worry are the gaps at the WM9s. It´s really so obvious.

Yeah people will say ....blabla it will fool 98 %, yes you are right it will but that´s not the point.

Just realised it at my collegue, he is wearing a brandnew datejust II oyster polished midlinks. that is something totally different when you see it in real compared to every rep I saw. the polished midlinks have such an amazing glare you cannot describe. And you can see how tight the SEL are. at this day i was wearing a rep and was hoping that he was not asking me to show him my "rlx". usually i had always a good feeling with the WM9 v3 but the SEL thing will not give me rest.

Ok, saw some pics from guys with good datejusts but i have never seen that good polished midlinks. i have a GMTcII with polished midlinks and this looks ridicioulous vs that from my collegue. i guess here come the material into the game where you cannot deny the quality differnce. glad that i am a sub lover and everything is brushed ;)

why i want to build a franken sub ? i just want to have the perfect sub rep. yeah i know go buy a second hand, no i won´t i got already a gen. i want to have a rep and treat it like a rep. and yes it must have the same lume, waterproof and must look identical. if possible or not, i am on the search for it.

But i don´t need a gen movement, what i would look for is gen insert and bezel assembly, gen dial and hands, and if possible an excellent case with an excellent bracelet. i have done it with natos as well to hide the flaw with the SEL fit but I prefer the classic look with the bracelet.

I have never seen a gen dial and hand for modern subs 16610 on ebay or somewhere else. and how to be sure it´s a gen insert when you just see the pic on ebay.....

sconehead

Modded TWB,

5211688342_4f3818a703_b.jpg

WM9 LV,

5211088459_40dbc09d6a_b.jpg

KBH

BK already pointed out that there is a lot of variations in the WM9 sels with many of them being exceptionally good and some not so good. He tries to match the cases to the bracelets for the best fit he can.

Eiderdaus

is the rehaut a bit wokky on twb or just the angle ? the SEL fit looks better than on the Wm9 to me

sconehead
is the rehaut a bit wokky on twb or just the angle ? the SEL fit looks better than on the Wm9 to me

...just the angle mate, you can see it's fine in the LV pic...

EDIT: for any new members reading this thread, this is all minutiae...99.9% of people wouldn't notice such stuff...'tis just us anal few...:D

KBH

...just the angle mate, you can see it's fine in the LV pic...

EDIT: for any new members reading this thread, this is all minutiae...99.9% of people wouldn't notice such stuff...'tis just us anal few...:lol:

Got that right. You Analista's shouldn't be allowed to buy reps in the first place. You should be forced to buy gens and them made to sit around for hours picking them apart until your heads explode.

rymichael

Anyone have a link to get a replacement dial for a black sub? I've read as much as possible and looking for some good direction here from people who know the right place w/o any BS.

appreciate any help.

Eiderdaus

for modern subs as 16610 it is very tough, that is what i have experienced. there are some guys that sell noob dials but not superlumed.

gen dials you will hardly find, i am always on the look. bought yesterday a gen dial for a sub but with black/gold.

my suggestion: buy a noob dial and let it relumed by e.g. finedd from rwi. fakemaster on rwi is selling rep dials for subs.

but i don´t know why you are looking for a replacement dial, if the reason is that you want a better quality i cannot tell you whether fakemasters dials are good or not

Anyone have a link to get a replacement dial for a black sub? I've read as much as possible and looking for some good direction here from people who know the right place w/o any BS.

appreciate any help.

rymichael

Thanks-

Sorry, should have clarified looking for a rep dial on a rep 2004 black sub that has worked great since then on a gen eta, but got salt water in there that just destroyed the thing.

Longer story I didn't mention is my wife is surprising me by taking it to get fixed by some local high end watch repairer around here and is going to pay more getting it fixed then just buying a new one. I'm secretly working with the guy to just get him the parts and put it back together much cheaper than if he searched them out.

thanks

Eiderdaus

Then you should contact fakemaster.

andygt

I wouldn't contact fakemaster if I were you. He's a real donut.

Eider, have you tried your gen bracelet on you wm9 and the wm9 bracelet on your gen?

Just interested to see if its the bracelet that is a bad fit or the case dimensions that are wrong.

Eiderdaus

no haven´t tried it until now.

somebody else know where to get a 16610 sub dial ?

Akira

:lol: Eider and his sub...

I'll definitly wait until he solved his quest for the perfect sub, before I buy one for me. :lol:

rsh

here is a noobimariner, has decent SEL fit

DSCN7694.jpg