Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

New shoes for all my RG Patek Phillipe watches! The 5227r, 5711r and the 5980r, lots of photos!

Phantomtech

Good morning peeps!

Just finished mounting all my new PP straps from Jacob, his dark brown straps are a perfect match for all the rose gold Pateks. I tried capturing all angles for your viewing pleasure. His straps are the best I have ever come across, no one can match his beautiful finish and perfect fit. Believe me, I have tried them all.

Have a look:

5227r on a stunning Calatrava buckle

dFO0yD.jpg

FKKaNw.jpg

2JrZKN.jpg

BObc19.jpg

512Rwd.jpg

mPF4Wl.jpg

aW6q7X.jpg

O0L7RJ.jpg

nEaDnR.jpg

J7vcKd.jpg

AbiDOm.jpg

0owvjz.jpg

CPo3av.jpg

WIAoBO.jpg

LIHNex.jpg

8myI4D.jpg

5711r

umxa1A.jpg

VYD1zW.jpg

VKOzGo.jpg

wnIgF6.jpg

ljuvyT.jpg

dUIgiA.jpg

ZsYgmE.jpg

ihXrOk.jpg

MWKH2L.jpg

EQKXrd.jpg

5980r

yK2y3q.jpg

Wczd8J.jpg

uITDDb.jpg

DWSJxN.jpg

G4AFh7.jpg

Y9T89e.jpg

HYMI8w.jpg

MS6PB8.jpg

pb2Ocn.jpg

rrxBKO.jpg

o2S71j.jpg

ejaqll.jpg

IB6Hd3.jpg

iYRkcO.jpg

Martijn0007

Very-very-very nice mate! Great few Patek's here.

I think you will get the 'DC seal of approval' ;)

Pseudonym

Amazing work again mate. Congrats.

Jonnybaws

Superb.. all of them!

DC will "explode.."

_DC_

Haha, "DC will explode", you crack me up Omar!!

Well, as Dan from Migliore straps will attest as I'm sure he will eventually lose patience with me over our current dealings, I am extremely fussy and particular when it comes to straps (I even piss myself off)!

What I will say is, unreservedly, those Nautilus straps look to be superlative quality, the hide looks beautiful with a soft sheen and rich in colour, and the stitching and overall finish looks every bit as good as a gen!! I've never had a strap from Jacob but I can see myself having one in the future.... he'd have to line mine with cream colour inner sides though, that upset me about my Donerix strap too!

The 5227 meanwhile, whilst the same superb quality and finish as the others, suffers a little from the same thing as Donerix straps, the thickness is a little too "sporty" as that's obviously their expertise (APs and Panerais etc) for a dress watch, I'd want a slimmer profile!!

But hey, I'm a picky bastard, haha, quality looks gen standard and I'm very jealous now of your Nautili', wear them well mate!!

DC

narikaa

Well done !

(I actually bit my lip opening this thread in trepidation expecting the usual obscenity of 'string driven things' anchored onto Pateks)

_DC_
Well done !

(I actually bit my lip opening this thread in trepidation expecting the usual obscenity of 'string driven things' anchored onto Pateks)

I had to look up "string driven things" and all I found was a folk rock band..... what you talking 'bout?!

DC

narikaa

The usual axe hewn sewed up with string in jagged lines, POS usually displayed

_DC_
The usual axe hewn sewed up with string in jagged lines, POS usually displayed

:rofl:

A man equally fussy about straps, I see!

DC

narikaa

Well I spent a lot of time in my life with gun belts /holsters

& its V E R R R Y hard to correlate quality and prices to some of the ess eigch aye tee seen bandied about the forums

Go have a look at a gunfighter stitch belt /holster or a hand stamped basket weave one , not a stitch out of line perfect tooling/edging and 'acres' of it and do a little price comparison

Kopcap

Very nice collection of Patek !

my favorite is 5980r (the 3rd on this post) : an eyecatcher and beautifull dress watch, and with the strap it's the perfect combo.

Wear them well mate !

Cleebeauregard

Noob here-- where can I find these for purchase? I don't know Jacob... yet.

Thanks so much for your assistance and patience; I'm reading and learning as much as I can, and I am grateful to have found this forum! :)

Martijn0007

Noob here-- where can I find these for purchase? I don't know Jacob... yet.

Thanks so much for your assistance and patience; I'm reading and learning as much as I can, and I am grateful to have found this forum! :)

The watches or the straps?

Cleebeauregard

I was looking principally for the straps, but if you have a TD you'd recommend for Patek, I'd be happy to get a recommendation. My only experience to date has been with Marvellous Replica, which was awesome, but his Patek selection isn't the greatest. Thanks!

Phantomtech

I was looking principally for the straps, but if you have a TD you'd recommend for Patek, I'd be happy to get a recommendation. My only experience to date has been with Marvellous Replica, which was awesome, but his Patek selection isn't the greatest. Thanks!

Every dealer has the same Patek selection, maybe it is not pictured on their site due to lack of updates but just send a photo of the watch you want to your favorite dealer and they should be able to source it.

bowtiefanatc

Straps look fantastic!!

_DC_

I've just ordered three new straps for my 5970g, 5107g and 5227r, so will be posting a very similar thread in a few weeks once all are received and mounted :thumbsup:

DC

peteins

Love that 5227, I've been planning on getting the exact same watch with the Calatrava buckle, its like the cherry on the cake IMO. :thumbsup: lovely!! :thumbsup2:

Phantomtech

I've just ordered three new straps for my 5970g, 5107g and 5227r, so will be posting a very similar thread in a few weeks once all are received and mounted :thumbsup:

DC

Who did you order the straps from?

_DC_

DC

All three are from the German manufacturer RIOS, but one came from Uhrband24 and the other two came from Ernst Westphal. Same maker as the strap I just got for my 5131, the quality is superb:

26092962-FD88-4816-88A0-BE6FF853661D_zps4oyy9uvb.jpg

I went glossy chocolate brown for the 5227 and semi-matt black for the 5970 and 5107!!

Can't wait!!!!

DC

peteins

DC

All three are from the German manufacturer RIOS, but one came from Uhrband24 and the other two came from Ernst Westphal. Same maker as the strap I just got for my 5131, the quality is superb:

26092962-FD88-4816-88A0-BE6FF853661D_zps4oyy9uvb.jpg

I went glossy chocolate brown for the 5227 and semi-matt black for the 5970 and 5107!!

Can't wait!!!!

DC

Wow DC that thing looks so nice :pcsam:

geewitez

They all look bad ass!! Where can I get the buckles from?

Mr. Genesis

Beautiful collection of Pateks! Wear them well :)

Asaf

Very nice!!! The 5227r strap is pretty amazing!

sergiiko

Great combination, great watches, great straps!