Sign in to follow this  
paulro

Gen Ladies Patek Travel Time

paulro

My wife has dscided that she does not like the Patek I bought for her.

It is unmarked.

I'm not sure where to advertise it?

Any thoughts

sconehead

Try TZ UK or ebay...:lol:

Member X

Could you take it back and swap it for something else?

paulro

No unfortunately not. I am in the UK and I bought it in USA.

I have just ordered a new strap and when it's fitted I will advertise it on ebay. It will be the first item I have tried to sell on the site.

Thanks for your help.

Akira

I have just ordered a new strap and when it's fitted I will advertise it on ebay. It will be the first item I have tried to sell on the site.

Thanks for your help.

Small chance with no ebay feedback to sell a higher priced item methinks.

Ask some friend of yours to do it.

paulro

Thanks for your help.

Small chance with no ebay feedback to sell a higher priced item methinks.

Ask some friend of yours to do it.

I have good feedback as a buyer, I've just not sold. Is it not the same?

Member X

Some people will only see positive feedback and not look any further, others will see if it's for buying or selling and be hesitant if it's a big ticket item and the first thing you've sold..

I think you would do better to find a good watch dealer and see what you can get. Some internet trawling will give you ballpark figures for private sales or secondhand sales by dealers, so you will know if the dealers you approach are taking the piss or not with their offers. There are advertisers in the back of evo magazine, for example, and probably more in the watch magazines you can get in a well stocked WHSmith, I would imagine. Going down this route also reduces the risk of being scammed via ebay/paypal, and losing the watch AND the money, not to mention £££ in ebay fees, most likely.

paulro
Some people will only see positive feedback and not look any further, others will see if it's for buying or selling and be hesitant if it's a big ticket item and the first thing you've sold..

I think you would do better to find a good watch dealer and see what you can get. Some internet trawling will give you ballpark figures for private sales or secondhand sales by dealers, so you will know if the dealers you approach are taking the piss or not with their offers. There are advertisers in the back of evo magazine, for example, and probably more in the watch magazines you can get in a well stocked WHSmith, I would imagine. Going down this route also reduces the risk of being scammed via ebay/paypal, and losing the watch AND the money, not to mention £££ in ebay fees, most likely.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll follow your advice. I'll let you know how I get on.