Sign in to follow this  
Allgood

Australian replica watch site? Anyone used before?

Allgood

Hello All.

So I am ashamed to say I very nearly fell for the replicawatchreport.com affiliated sites scam. In fact if it wasn't for their website not functioning I would have placed my order. It was only after I realised every site he promoted was affiliated I smelt something fishy.

So anyway, stumbled across this www.replicabay.com.au

Has anyone heard about/used this site.

It seems legit for a few reasons, firstly they admit to selling an inferior replica watch (Japanese movement) but charge appropriately (Avg $50.00 AUD). They also sell good quality watches at what I believe is a great price (if they are good quality) Secondly they recommend that only Australians buy from the website, why would a scam site limit themselves to 20 million people??

Lastly, from what I can tell, they have been around for at least 2 years. I typed "replicabay.com.au scam" and someone two years ago was asking the same question on a blog site.

Also they use an external pay system called nochex.com, does anyone know this site? Is it strange for a site to use an external pay system??

I have "pre ordered" 2 Japanese movement Tag Heuer's. Haven't actually paid and their 24/7 support at present is a bit of a sham, I have been trying to get a response back for 2 days.

Anyway I'll let you guys know how I go, unless someone else has any info.

Cheers

Edited by Allgood

Brightlight

If they're not a recommended dealer on here, don't waste your money or you're a mug. End of.

pollux1

The trusted dealers are trusted for a reason mate, they have stood the test of time and most give a guarantee etc. imho well worth sticking to them.

barkingtoad

+1

Allgood
The trusted dealers are trusted for a reason mate, they have stood the test of time and most give a guarantee etc. imho well worth sticking to them.

I'll be honest, I have had a look at your trusted sites and yes they are reasonably well priced so I will give it a go however one issue for Aussies is customs. Australia has the tightest customs in the world, and replica watches are no exception. One watch, probably okay, 2 probably pushing it, but if you are flagged for ordering multiple fake watches you may get a nasty fine which will make you wish you had of just bought the real thing.

galah

I don't know anything about this place but when you have a look around there they seem to be confused about being a .com.au or .co.uk site. Also, if you look up the domain info you will see it is hosted on Russian servers. Now, neither of these things is necessarily bad but it raises a red flag or two for me.

pollux1

I'll be honest, I have had a look at your trusted sites and yes they are reasonably well priced so I will give it a go however one issue for Aussies is customs. Australia has the tightest customs in the world, and replica watches are no exception. One watch, probably okay, 2 probably pushing it, but if you are flagged for ordering multiple fake watches you may get a nasty fine which will make you wish you had of just bought the real thing.

Why not a shoot a PM to some of the Aussie members here mate? They would be glad to help. :rofl:

sconehead

oops!

:rofl:

wat44

Allgood, Allnonsense

Aussie customs are the weakest in the world for rep watches

Mystery Shopper

Allgood, quite a few Aussies on here. No issues with customs when ordering from the trusted dealers. Usually have my watches sent in by ems- takes just under 1 week from SE Asia.

galah
Allgood, quite a few Aussies on here. No issues with customs when ordering from the trusted dealers. Usually have my watches sent in by ems- takes just under 1 week from SE Asia.

I was wondering how long it might take. I just ordered my first watch and wasn't sure how long I should be waiting before getting worried. A week or so sounds reasonable.

Allgood

Thanks guys. Didn't realise it was a Russian hosted server, may have something possibly to due with the legality of hosting a replica watch site. I did know it was a joint U.K/Aus site, U.K didn't raise any flags but Russia does (apologies to any comrades on the site).

Look the reccomended sites on here are well priced, especially seeing how the Aussie dollar is currently almost 1-1 with the American.

I'll take a closer gander at some Tag Heuers and if I have to pay $50.00 more for peace of mind, I think it's worth it.

Awesome site!!

mulder

Hey Allgood. Im from Australia and I looked at their web site but the prices are way better here and you are going to get the watch you ordered.

Stay away from those dealer as they cannot be trusted. Many say (and I know one "Australian" site that say they are swiss made reps. Read that and start running the opposite way.

I can personally recommend Prestige Watch Co and Watch International here on this site as I have watches from both of them BUT all here on this site have been proven to be trust worthy and reliable sellers.

David

pollux1
Hey Allgood. Im from Australia and I looked at their web site but the prices are way better here and you are going to get the watch you ordered.

Stay away from those dealer as they cannot be trusted. Many say (and I know one "Australian" site that say they are swiss made reps. Read that and start running the opposite way.

I can personally recommend Prestige Watch Co and Watch International here on this site as I have watches from both of them BUT all here on this site have been proven to be trust worthy and reliable sellers.

David

+1 on that. If you like Tags start by reading the reviews of the different reps available as there are some great ones and some crappy ones. The Carrera racing and Aquaracer both spring to mind as good examples but go for the A7750 versions as they're more correct. :lol:

trailboss99
Australia has the tightest customs in the world, and replica watches are no exception.

:lol::D:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who the hell told you that porky? What a load of codswallop! Aussie customs are no worries at all.

Getting more than three watches at a time anywhere is taking a chance, who needs more than 3 at once anyhow?

Out and out scammers? Probably not. Over priced, questionable quality and a lot of misleading info on the website?

Yup, all of the above. The real mystery here is how the hell they are still in business? Their office is in Docklands,

Melbourne (Iknow, I phoned them and spoke to them) and this has been discussed by the AJA (Australian Jeweller's

Association) and the Watchmaker's Guild, reported to Consumer Affairs etc but they are still around. Lordy knows why.

Col.

mulder

Australian Customs the tightest? Yeah right if you are importing gun parts and drugs. Apart from that and plant matter watches pass through easy.

Allgood

Okay, I get the customs thing, I was wrong.

Just ordered a nice TAG from timesshop.net. I ordered one of the cheaper models at $112, if it's even remotely good I will look at one of the better models. Great site, very easy to use.

The funniest thing when I ordered my watch was I get a little prompt come up from Comm Bank if I am using my Credit card online. It then sends me an SMS to confirm my payment. So the watch was $112 and the shipping was $20, the SMS said confirming payment of 880.00. I shat my pants and thought SCAM!!! Then realised they were charging me in Yuan LOL

Edited by Allgood