Sign in to follow this  
subsnob

Horrendous 116610 by Josh (pf-818.com)

subsnob

Hi All,

Have been reading the forum for years now but first post - hopefully it will help other buyers :)

I've ordered the second Sub (116610, Asian 2836) from Josh and looks like the quality has dropped quite a bit.

The good:

- The movement is very accurate (+-5 sec)

- The instant date switch is close to the original

The bad:

- The engraving on the haut (around the dial) is very poor quality and RUSTY (so ugly I cannot even wear this watch)

- The date font is not per the original 116610 (looks like the old 16610 font)

- The date disc is dirty (has black particles on it)

- The dial's writing doesn't exactly match the original (for instance, the "m" in 300m is too close and misaligned)

When he sent the first "quality check photos" I replied in 2 hours because there seemed to be a scratch on the watch but they sent it right away regardless.

(for the record, the one I ordered more than a year ago from him is really nice quality. After 35(!) emails he offered no resolution for it)

Not sure why he's still a preferred supplier - Toro's models look much better.

D2sHrQj.jpg

00zGMQa.jpg

vGKq4sF.jpg

Other images:

http://imgur.com/cZ79wPD

http://imgur.com/00zGMQa

http://imgur.com/nOag4Mw

http://imgur.com/vGKq4sF

http://imgur.com/1CHEPST

http://imgur.com/D2sHrQj

http://imgur.com/7lmEFNj

Edited by subsnob

LightGeek

Wait, those are the things that you see are poor on this copy? Hmmm...

live1

Nice bp sub c.i used to love this watch

RichardMiami

What was Josh's response when you told him all this?

elp

Another instance where a watch was sent out before QC confirmation?

rawbaws

I can see that rust in there which is disappointing but I think you need to still read more (even after all this time) about how TD's work.

Also disappointing that watch was sent before qc approved though

nute

At least the second hand isn't dragging a pube around and around the dial.

RussP

You gotta pay extra for the pube mod.

NFleischer

I agree about sending watch before qc check. But a lot of the things you are complaining about are the nature of reps (dial, date fonts, etc).

People know that Josh pushes BP Subs which are OK, but not as good as the Noob versions IMO.

I'm sure the rust while annoying up close, will not be seen very well on the wrist. Better luck next time.

PS: 5 sec/day, that's COSC specs! Not bad for a rep I'd say.

Genius

A rusty rehaut would piss me right off but I can't see any Sign of it in your photos and other than that it doesn't look to be a bad rep really...

You should probably have done a bit more reading tho as with the current generation of rolex sub reps it's generally accepted that the best examples are the "noob" maker, its the one Bk uses so it must be pretty good! Also AFAIK its reasonably well known josh doesn't sell noob.

Not trying to justify a rusty watch if it is in fact rusty as that in my mind is inexcusable, just saying a little reading goes a long way

The stuff about not being an exact match for gen... well.... come on..... really?

Edited by 85genius

RussP

If the issues you refer to in your complaint bother you, then this hobby is perhaps not for you.

I too looked at the pictures you posted and couldn't see what the fuss was all about (the dirt on the date-wheel aside).

As RichardM (M for Moderator?) has asked, what was Josh's response to your complaint?

dcsharp

Is it my imagination or is QC becoming redundant with alot of TDs?

My experience with both WI and TS have been exceptional, but there appears to be a significant rise in posts where QC photos have meant squat. Guess the dealers have to unload their crap somewhere, sucks that it was you.

Genius

I have only ever once had a watch sent out pre QC approval and I only found out when I sent the TD an email to approve it anyway so the TD could easily have not told me that the mistake had been made but they did anyway which I think is very bloody good of them

LightGeek
A rusty rehaut would piss me right off but I can't see any Sign of it in your photos and other than that it doesn't look to be a bad rep really...

It's probably less of rust than surface burn marks from the engraving.

chrish8

Hi All,

Have been reading the forum for years now but first post - hopefully it will help other buyers :)

How is this possible when your profile says

subsnob

The bad:

- The date disc is dirty (has black particles on it)

- The dial's writing doesn't exactly match the original (for instance, the "m" in 300m is too close and misaligned)

I wouldn't worry about these too much you maybe looking too hard to find faults. Even on his website http://www.pf-818.co...35-p-13284.html the date wheel is off

The bad:

- The engraving on the haut (around the dial) is very poor quality and RUSTY (so ugly I cannot even wear this watch)

When he sent the first "quality check photos" I replied in 2 hours because there seemed to be a scratch on the watch but they sent it right away regardless.

(for the record, the one I ordered more than a year ago from him is really nice quality. After 35(!) emails he offered no resolution for it)

This would be my concern as rust would be a sign of poor QC on the dealer and also as RM said what was his reply to 35 emails?

stevok2305

Well if you hate it that much I'll take it off your hands for $50 :giggle:

Duzza

BP are generally sub par.

chrish8

You gotta pay extra for the pube mod.

From who? I got one from Tony at 7750 without asking and he did not charge extra for the pube model.

Left Coast Guy

I don't know if its your tone or because its your first post, but as I read this it seems much more likely that you had unrealistic expectations than you got poor quality watch.

You say the dial text doesn't match the gen....but does it match the picture on the PC website? Yes, the watch is trying to replicate gen, you buy the watch PC has advertised, with all of its tells and faults. That is what you signed up for....whining about it now is just whining. Same questions goes for the date wheel....I read both of those comments and take your review less seriously.

Finally, I'm getting sick thinking of 35 emails of you berating PC about this watch not matching gen....that's the type of thing that just shortens the rope for those of us with legit complaints.

Genius

I think the name subsnob pretty much says it all

Now who has the best..........

Chicken Tikka kebab. I'm starving

ShovelnTC

I guess that I have a different interpretation of Horrendous.

markeym3

it looks ok to me ,, I thought the rehaut was stainless steel so as mentioned prob due to laser etching ,,, you are suppose to clean after etching ,,,

The bezel looks good ,, nice and deep engraving ..

Also this is a massive close up...

But yes speak with the TD .. and work something out and maybe ask a mod to help .. or even for there opinion

Gazzla
q9XBHdk.gif

dcsharp

The only thing actually horrendous about this is the fact op had genuine concerns but the TD sent before approval. A seemingly increasing trend, you can bash op for his views all you like but at the end of the day the TD has actually done the wrong thing here.

Daywatch

Hi OP, try to work something out with the TD or just move on. Instead of griefing and feeling bad about what is supposed to be fun get another.

It´s keeping perfect time and at first look it doesn´t seem as bad as described: Sell it on m2m by loosing some $100, never buy again from that TD and get Toro´s Noob V5 which is the latest and best available sub-c.