Sign in to follow this  
subsnob

Horrendous 116610 by Josh (pf-818.com)

Frankt8242

Repanalitis is a horrendous disease...

The only cure at the level you apparently suffer is called the "Buy a Seiko regimen"...

And total abstention from any replica watches, since you have the incurable manifestation of the malady... :treadmill::giggle: :giggle:

Mike on a bike

The only thing actually horrendous about this is the fact op had genuine concerns but the TD sent before approval. A seemingly increasing trend, you can bash op for his views all you like but at the end of the day the TD has actually done the wrong thing here.

Ditto, no aprroval no send end of story nothing else matters.............

andyc

There's also a very strong rumour that Josh is actually Andrew from (t)rustytime, so maybe there's a clue in the name?... :chatty:

BC1221

the date font looks ok to me..

the dial looks pretty good too.. the "m" is fine. there are 4 or 5 versions of this gen dial.

the rehaut looks a little dirty. prob burn marks from the engraving.

easy fix. just take the dial + movement out and wipe the rehaut with some acetone. should clean that right up.

if you dont like it, im sure there are plenty of people who will take it off your hands in M2M.

stormclock

BP 114060 no date Sub dial nails the gen. This one is horrible.

Hornet

Rolex sub boring.....

.....but I can't see what all the fuss is about.

asdfpenguin

Rolex sub boring.....

Different strokes for different folks. The rehaut is so hard to get right on reps, I think the best so far has been the Noob V3(?)

Hornet

Rolex sub boring.....

Different strokes for different folks. The rehaut is so hard to get right on reps, I think the best so far has been the Noob V3(?)

Yes, that is true; each to their own........

.......I just don't understand is the obession with the sub and the minutiae of detail that no one would ever notice without a microscope. I had a £100 regmariner that was lovely, but it was just a bit too small on the wrist for me to get on with. DSSD you say, to chunky to look good. Now, if Rolex did a 43mm or even 45mm sub my interest might perk up.

Burn the heretic I hear the mob screaming.... :boxedin:

Lagger

Rolex sub boring.....

.......I just don't understand is the obession with the sub and the minutiae of detail that no one would ever notice without a microscope. I had a £100 regmariner that was lovely, but it was just a bit too small on the wrist for me to get on with. DSSD you say, to chunky to look good. Now, if Rolex did a 43mm or even 45mm sub my interest might perk up.

I picked up a reg ym on m2m......sitting at a cool 45mm! Looks infinitely better on even if it is massive!

Hornet

Rolex sub boring.....

I picked up a reg ym on m2m......sitting at a cool 45mm! Looks infinitely better on even if it is massive!

Know nothing about the YM, is it 45mm as a gen?

RUSH2112

Rolex sub boring.....

I'm with you BUT, I did just recently receive a tc sub and it is an awesome piece. I guess if you want a better copy it feels right if it's for your pleasure instead of trying to impress others.

Lagger

No 40mm, here is my big blue one next to the wife's correct cartel one

IMG-20150227-WA0002.jpg

Hornet

Rolex sub boring.....

I'm with you BUT, I did just recently receive a tc sub and it is an awesome piece. I guess if you want a better copy it feels right if it's for your pleasure instead of trying to impress others.

I've got a pelagos already and I think it makes a more attractive divers watch than the sub, also have a Tudor BB on order, so am hoping that will be everything I've read about it.....

.....do you think that the TC sub is that much better than a Regmariner? It would be interesting to see both in the flesh to compare.

No 40mm, here is my big blue one next to the wife's correct cartel one

IMG-20150227-WA0002.jpg

Nice blue dial.....

....his and her watches?

Lagger

It was his and his till she took a shine to the rolesium grey one!

CedricWX

Burn mark from the laser etching!! Hahahhahahhahhahhahhahahahahhahhahhahhahahhahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahahhahhahhahahhahahhahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahah :) Hahahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah!!!!!!! :) Hahahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahahhahhahhahahhahahhahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahhahhahahahhahaha :) :) :) Hahahhahhhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahah! Someone must have laser etched under my car! Hahahhahahhahhahhahhahhahahhahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahh!

inspectorbjs

Well if you hate it that much I'll take it off your hands for $50 :giggle:

Heinous,Horrid I wouldn't be see wearing That in a Cardboard Coffin!!! :death:

*send it to me for $75 and I shall Dispose of it Proper!!

inspectorbjs

A rusty rehaut would piss me right off but I can't see any Sign of it in your photos and other than that it doesn't look to be a bad rep really...

You should probably have done a bit more reading tho as with the current generation of rolex sub reps it's generally accepted that the best examples are the "noob" maker, its the one Bk uses so it must be pretty good! Also AFAIK its reasonably well known josh doesn't sell noob.

Not trying to justify a rusty watch if it is in fact rusty as that in my mind is inexcusable, just saying a little reading goes a long way

The stuff about not being an exact match for gen... well.... come on..... really?

My SWAG would be Polishing Rouge not completely cleaned from the recesses.

*As this is a high grade Stainless Steel.