Sign in to follow this  
chase0224

New speedmaster numbered ed. worth it?

chase0224

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_142&product_id=1344

Whats the overall opinion on this new speedmaster rep? I know the subdial spacing is off, making the hour markers at 3,6,9 slightly shorter, but is there any other obvious signs? To me it seems to be the most accurate speedmaster rep yet. The question is if its worth to buy it now, or wait until the factories come out with an eve better speedy rep.

stormtooper4

I'd Say its a winner , not perfect , but the best there is. Only real speedy connoisseurs would be able to tell

IMG_9493-1024x768.JPG

chase0224

Very true, i think from the wrist it'll be hardly if at all noticeable.

ashtree

Avoid all Speedmaster reps with such off subdial spacing. It's such an obvious flaw that it begs belief why the makers even bother.

Tichymeloun

this one can never be repped well, because there is no movement on the market that would allow the correct sub dials spacing:(

chase0224

So this should be a pass then?

Genius

No buy it so long as it isn't going to bug you... No one else will ever notice

gmchris

I don't see the point unless it's bang on, may as well stick with a cheapie. At least my 21j subdials are better spaced (even if it does lack a working chrono)2013-08-26185605.jpg

flyr

I love all the nay sayers,

Who do they think will be examining their speedy rep from 6 inches away,or for that matter would even care or have the knowlege to know the difference.

The only way you are going to run into trouble is to stick your rep into someones face and say something like," see my genuine speedmaster moon watch,you know,the same one that astronauts wore on the moon".

If you just wear the thing, no one is going to care.

Unless of course you run into one of us anally retentive rep collectors.

JMHO

chase0224

I think ill just go for, as far as I can tell its the best speedy rep yet. Although does anyone know how reliable that movement is? I had a A7551 chrono crap out on me after 3 weeks of owning it, so I don't want to get screwed again.

Daywatch

Compared to the A7750 the Seagull ST19 is a very reliable (and good-looking) hw movement.

As for the "subdial spacing" it wouldn´t bother me at all, even the gen has the Speedmaster pro and the "reduced" version:

SpeedmasterReduced2_zps0e3780ef-700x350.jpg

Would really like to see some lumeshots of this one "otb". While I like to put straps on watches as an extra, a nice speedy SS bracelet is what I miss on this one.

Ishmael

This is the same issue the vintage Daytonas have - sub dial spacing. For those of us into details (like me), it can be a bummer, but overall these are small concessions, and if we start discriminating on the basis of something like sub dial spacing, we should get out of the rep game altogether IMO.

By the way, I just bought this Moonie from Watch Finder and its in the mail now. I'll report back when it shows.

Mike on a bike

Well to echo Daywatch good movement, fair price imho and yes sub dials off but not bad not bad..............

chase0224

This is the same issue the vintage Daytonas have - sub dial spacing. For those of us into details (like me), it can be a bummer, but overall these are small concessions, and if we start discriminating on the basis of something like sub dial spacing, we should get out of the rep game altogether IMO.

By the way, I just bought this Moonie from Watch Finder and its in the mail now. I'll report back when it shows.

Please please post a thread with lots of pics when you do!

R5tdi

For me the moonie is one of the best the Torro one looks great

I went a bit further and got the subdial at 6 frozen, put a Gen omega plexi on it and a nuclear relume from KeNNy

The subdial for me is no issue and honestly if u want a perfect world the buy the Gen u can pick them up for reasonable money

No collection should be without a Moonie

Mine says hi

95715098-F7C4-49D2-8251-240EC2556FBB.jpg

<RJ>

:drool:

Mine have its last days with Kenny now. When i stumble across the pics of his work i feel i made the right choice!

Who made that strap?

About the subdial spacing. I dont care. Its a very nice watch :)

For me the moonie is one of the best the Torro one looks great I went a bit further and got the subdial at 6 frozen, put a Gen omega plexi on it and a nuclear relume from KeNNy The subdial for me is no issue and honestly if u want a perfect world the buy the Gen u can pick them up for reasonable money No collection should be without a Moonie Mine says hi 95715098-F7C4-49D2-8251-240EC2556FBB.jpg

ashtree

So this should be a pass then?

Yes, absolutely. One of the best features of the Moonwatch is it's balanced dial design, which is just thrown out of the door with the rep. The rep just looks like every other A7750. Just buy the gen if anything.

I think the rehaut looks way off aswell, but I could be wrong about that.

Edited by ashtree

Kemist

It has its tells, but its probably the closet to gen we can get. I reckon the recessed subdial is a very good improvement.

It's still a very nice looking watch with a robust movement.

Ishmael

Please please post a thread with lots of pics when you do!

Here you go mate :)http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=97260&hl=&fromsearch=1

plankton

Interesting...... How's thr AR

chase0224

^^Thank you, I'm waiting for my QC pics from fat panda.