Sign in to follow this  
mondeov6

New Parnis Flightdeck 50mm in the mail today....

mondeov6

I read 1kenny1kenny's post about his quartz Parnis Flightdeck and thought it was a pretty cool

and nice looking watch. To ease off on my recent PAM/sterile watch addiction that I developed

lately, I decided to go for one of these.

It is a big watch at 50mm, lug end to lug end 58mm and it has a thickness of 11mm.

On the wrist it does however not feel that big and actually wears quite comfortable. The crown

and pushers do not dig in to your wrist when bent, since the watch is a "lefty".

The watch is really well built and a lot of watch for the money (60$ from Manbushijie).

The original strap is okay but a little on the "thin" side for this watch. I have one of my

"spare" straps on at the moment, but I think I will invest in a "chunky" black strap with orange stitching.

The orange numerals have a decent lume, nothing to write home about but okay.

But!!!.... there is no lume on the hands!!??. So forget telling time if it is dark. :lol:

Kind of stupid I'd say!

Some pictures....

parnis1.jpg

Parnis2.jpg

parnis3.jpg

parnis4.jpg

parnis5.jpg

With the original black strap....

parnis6.jpg

Thank's for looking! :rofl:

dingle

nice pics :lol:

roberto

Lovely pictures, credit to you sir. Nice watch.. and a decent size. I guess you need to be careful when you talk about the size of your Parnis.

Funny thing about the lume.. I've had ones like that, very odd.

How do you order from Manbushijie for the $60 price.. is it on the website, or via evilBay?

KeNnY

very nice! I am happy that I have encourage you to buy one big parnis ! :) It looks great on that strap ! It is really great watch and almost bullet prof. Watch out not to break wall with it ! :D

mondeov6
Lovely pictures, credit to you sir. Nice watch.. and a decent size. I guess you need to be careful when you talk about the size of your Parnis.

Funny thing about the lume.. I've had ones like that, very odd.

How do you order from Manbushijie for the $60 price.. is it on the website, or via evilBay?

"I guess you need to be careful when you talk about the size of your Parnis" :D:rofl: ... not to mention I have it on a strap! :)

I ordered from the website. As soon as had registered a new account I got to buy

at "wholesale" prices. So this watch dropped from 86$ to 60$. Nice!

mondeov6
very nice! I am happy that I have encourage you to buy one big parnis ! :) It looks great on that strap ! It is really great watch and almost bullet prof. Watch out not to break wall with it ! :D

Thank's a lot kenny! Your video/post was very inspiring! :rofl: .....

...hmmm... the one with the white dial looks really good too.....and the on with the green numerals....

and the one with PVD case..... Can you see where this is going!?... ;)

Balad1

Kenny, you also prompted me to buy one of the watches; you should get a commission, lol.

I ordered mine though eBay and am waiting for it to arrive.

001-17.jpg

Edited by Balad1

mondeov6
Kenny, you also prompted me to buy one of the watches; you should get a commission, lol.

001-17.jpg

Very nice choice Balad!! That PVD case and the green numerals looks really cool! :D

I love the 6497 swan neck movement!! I have 5 watches with that beautiful movement

and they are all very accurate! From what I have learned they are pretty much "bomb proof".

Pics please when it arrives!

PGL

001-17.jpg

I made the same choices of colors :D

It's been three weeks since he sent mine and I am dying to get my hands on it.

Mondeov, yours looks truly amazing. Great strap combination there!!!

Balad1

001-17.jpg

Very nice choice Balad!! That PVD case and the green numerals looks really cool! :D

I love the 6497 swan neck movement!! I have 5 watches with that beautiful movement

and they are all very accurate! From what I have learned they are pretty much "bomb proof".

Pics please when it arrives!

Thanks, I thought it was pretty cool too; I'll post pics when it arrives.

PGL

I have bought a lime green strap for mine... LOL... I want it "loud" :D

Balad1

Interesting, what is the strap size in mm for this watch?

PGL

Interesting, what is the strap size in mm for this watch?

I believe it is 24mm.

I want it lime green because I will surely use it during summer (short sleeves are needed for this watch being 50mm LOL). I like colorful watches for summer.

I have many yellows, reds, oranges, etc...

PGL

Mondeov, I am curious... when did you order that watch?? I have been waiting for mine for three weeks now and I don't know if I should be worried. I had mine ordered way before Kenny opened the other thread... and from what I read in your first post, you ordered it because you saw Kenny's PARNIS, right??

I think I am going to have to talk to manbushijie... :/

mondeov6
Mondeov, I am curious... when did you order that watch?? I have been waiting for mine for three weeks now and I don't know if I should be worried. I had mine ordered way before Kenny opened the other thread... and from what I read in your first post, you ordered it because you saw Kenny's PARNIS, right??

I ordered mine nov 21 so it has been one week. I did order EMS shipping though wich should be a lot faster.

I had another watch that I ordered on regular air mail. It took almost 5 weeks to arrive. Air mail is slow

sometimes but I think yours will arrive quite soon.

You must post pictures with the lime green strap you ordered once you got the watch! Sounds very interresting!

BTW...Strap size....or should I say lug size is 23mm but a 24mm strap is not a problem. Mine is 24mm.

PGL

I ordered mine nov 21 so it has been one week. I did order EMS shipping though wich should be a lot faster.

I had another watch that I ordered on regular air mail. It took almost 5 weeks to arrive. Air mail is slow

sometimes but I think yours will arrive quite soon.

You must post pictures with the lime green strap you ordered once you got the watch! Sounds very interresting!

BTW...Strap size....or should I say lug size is 23mm but a 24mm strap is not a problem. Mine is 24mm.

Thanks mate!

I will post pictures but I can garantee you they will not turn out as good as yours. I am a craptastic photographer... hahaha Be warned :D

roberto
001-17.jpg

Just ordered one too. What a great looking piece of kit!

mondeov6

Found yet another cheap strap that fits my Parnis very well I think.

This one was only 21,50$ at SecTime. Perfect "orange" tone for this watch I think.

paor1.jpg

paor2.jpg

paor3.jpg

p4.jpg

Balad1

Nice looking strap and a steal for the money. Is it 24mm?

PGL

Looks pretty cool mondeov!! :lol:

mondeov6
Nice looking strap and a steal for the money. Is it 24mm?

Yep, 24mm it is.

mondeov6

Thank's PGL!

....ehhrmmm... just realized the colour of my arm in the last picture!!??....

...am I dead.....a ghost....or wot??..... :P

PGL
Thank's PGL!

LOL... didn't notice 'til you mentioned it! Yeah, you are dead, too much watch-buying has sucked the blood out of you xD

mondeov6
Thank's PGL!

LOL... didn't notice 'til you mentioned it! Yeah, you are dead, too much watch-buying has sucked the blood out of you xD

:Thinking: ...I know... I know... I'm a Pamvire....ehh ..no... Vampire!! I need new blood..... that's the one and only cure....A big green Parnis would be nice!!

:dunno:

PGL
Thank's PGL!

:Thinking: ...I know... I know... I'm a Pamvire....ehh ..no... Vampire!! I need new blood..... that's the one and only cure....A big green Parnis would be nice!!

:dunno:

I am temped to buy the one you have... but I my mind is telling me to wait until the green one arrives so I will know, for sure, if 50mm is going to look like a frying pan attached to my wrist :Thinking:

Have you considered rubber/silicon straps for yours?? This orange one could look really nice. It is only around 12 euro (I just bought one a couple of hours ago).