Sign in to follow this  
Jannis76

I messed it up................

Jannis76

Hello Guys,

I bought an AP ROO Barrichello from one of our trusted dealers and I am really happy with it! It looks great and keeps time very good!

The only thing I didn't like was the crappy strap. So I ordered a new strap from AP Bands, which is a real beauty!

I tried to change the strap myself, which was a bad idea!! :D

My first problem was, I couldn't unscrew the screws! It was impossible to unscrew them, I tried everything, I even warmed them up, but nothing! In the end I broke them! Furthermore I also broke the "Desployant Clasp" by accident, it happend very fast. I know the parts on a rep are fragile and I was really careful, but I broke it.... Fuck, maybe I am just to strong for the fragile watch parts! :)

My question is, does anybody know if and where I can get a new Desployant Clasp with its screws. I found the whole thing with strap at our trusted dealers, but I was wondering if I can get only the Clasp, because I allready have the strap!

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Jannis76

Akira

Who was the seller of the watch?

Mary got me screws for my AP, I'm sure she can get a clasp too.

Jannis76

Thanks Guys,

@Dendo I thought of the "original one", just because it looks more like the gen! If it doesn't work I can go for a "regular one".

Yes I also thought about Mary!!

I got it from Tony!

Aren

Hi Jannis,

Sorry to hear you had this problem. I don't know much about altering watches, but what I do know is that metal expands when it is heated. I would thus suspect that the screws to be tighter and not loser from heating. I hope it all works out for you with the parts and the new strap and hope to see some lovely wristie pix ;)

All the Best

Arenaria

Jannis76

Hi Aren,

good point! Think you're right! There was a paper with my new strap, on which it was said to warm the screws/lugs to loose the factory applied loctite!

But I believe they are talking about gens!! ;)

Nevermind, I try to contact Mary for a new Clasp with screws...and by the way order also a Rolex Deep Sea Dweller!!! Hehe.... :rofl:

thanks buddy....