Sign in to follow this  
pollux1

Customs, please read.

pollux1

Just checked Parcelforce and got this from their site

29-11-2010 20:10 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

29-11-2010 20:09 International Hub Awaiting clearance - information needed from addressee

28-11-2010 23:26 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

28-11-2010 23:25 International Hub Received in destination country

25-11-2010 11:06 Delivery Agent - TORONTO Forwarded for export

Any idea what it means guys?

KBH

Strange how they are all out of chronological order. My guess is that at 20:09 someone had a question and at 20:10 it was cleared up.

I wouldn't get too concerned just yet.

pollux1

Read from bottom to top mate if it helps :tumbleweed:

KBH
Read from bottom to top mate if it helps :tumbleweed:

Oh yeah, It has the day/date backwards. I saw them all as the same day, the 11th, which is what I would be used to.

So that makes my theory even more sound.

onzenuub

'Men in black are on the way.

Brightlight
Read from bottom to top mate if it helps :drool:

Oh yeah, It has the day/date backwards. I saw them all as the same day, the 11th, which is what I would be used to.

So that makes my theory even more sound.

You have 29 months in the US? :) And if we could clarify something here, you have the day and date backwards, not us. We've been doing it that way since long before the USA was a twinkle in it's mother's eye! the MM-DD-YY format is almost unique to North America.

Must admit i haven't seen the "waiting for information from addressee" so far. Apart from that the flow is standard.

Baldrick
:) BL beat me to it, only in America could they get it so wrong, almost everywhere else it follows the same format, this is the 30th day of the 11th month of the year 2010, it's a simple concept :drool:

trailboss99

Quite, they turn a switch on by flicking it up as well, strange people Americans. Just gotta be different.

Col.

Baldrick

Yep, they march to the beat of a different drum, it's a bluudy loud drum as well, not very harmonious, trying to drown out everybody else :)

prestigewatchco

Col Thailand are the same they flick it up for on as well . I still can't get used to it

But date in most of the world D/M/Y I think

KBH

Yeah, I know, we also drive on the wrong side of the road and our measuring system is totally fucked up. From my perspective it was still a logical mistake. It's all how you are taught to look at things. When someone asks "When were you born?", do you say January first or first January? The US way seems more logical to me.

We also use 110 volts rather than 240v which seems immensely more logical from a safety standpoint.

trailboss99

No, I like feet, meters are too large. Everyone the world over still uses acres instead of hectares altho imperial fluid measures suck.

Yes, probably a good thing the US uses 110v although the rest of the world is apparently capable of going thru life without sticking their finger in a light socket. TBH 110v sucks, not enough grunt to get anything done and so inefficient over any decent transmission distance. The line loss is horrendous.

Col.

Del
Yeah, I know, we also drive on the wrong side of the road and our measuring system is totally fucked up. From my perspective it was still a logical mistake. It's all how you are taught to look at things. When someone asks "When were you born?", do you say January first or first January? The US way seems more logical to me.

We also use 110 volts rather than 240v which seems immensely more logical from a safety standpoint.

I would say 1st of January ;).

But I'm with you on pounds and ounces :lol:.

Baldrick

1st of January 2000 or 1/1/2010 would be the correct way, in expressing it in chronological terms, after all if you were writing someone a letter telling them to meet you at Times Square, you woudn't say 'I'll meet you at 45:5pm or 45:17pm would you, you'd express it as 5:45pm or 17:45pm wouldn't you, it seems more logical to you, because that's the way you've been taught, also you're processing it in terms of speech pattern rather than text, if I asked your birthday whilst speaking to you, you wouldn't state it numerically as 8/4/1965, that would be confusing, what do you mean...8th April or August 4th..if it were speech, you'd say eighth of the fourth nineteen sixty five, the correct method is day followed by month..followed by year, it's entirely logical..the American way is illogical.

Just because Webster decided to have an "American" Dictionary, doesn't mean that the mother tongue is wrong, nor Old World conventions, I mean, you stole a perfectly good girl's game of rounders and look what you did to it, not to mention your state of confusion over the definition of 'football'..:lol:

I would agree with you on 110v tho;, especially when Americans are in the vicinity, they shrivel up at the mere mention of 240v, whilst the rest of Europe and Asia just can't seem to get to grips with 240v, badly burnt corpses lying everywhere ;)

KBH
No, I like feet, meters are too large. Everyone the world over still uses acres instead of hectares altho imperial fluid measures suck.

Yes, probably a good thing the US uses 110v although the rest of the world is apparently capable of going thru life without sticking their finger in a light socket. TBH 110v sucks, not enough grunt to get anything done and so inefficient over any decent transmission distance. The line loss is horrendous.

Col.

All our transmission lines are 240v or more. They are split locally with transformers. And how can you get 240v 3phase without having two 120v legs and a neutral? Also, all our houses have 240v for heat, wot water, stoves, ac, etc. It's just the household plugs that are 110-120. I don't think there's any need for more than 110v. A 20 amp socket, as used in our kitchens, will knock you on your ass.

I'll bet you do have a lot more deaths from electricity than we do. Most of the people killed that work with electricity are killed by 240v or higher that I've been aware of.

Baldrick
I'll bet you do have a lot more deaths from electricity than we do

Not according to most of the films I've seen :lol:

stiltzkin

A sparky out there will shoot me down, but i belive you go up to 30amp fuses over there as well as 120V - therefore 3,600 WATTS

The UK is slightly less at 240V and 13amps (Although cookers and stuff may be more) So 240v x 13Amps 3,120 Watts

Either way, not usually enough to kill you, but perhaps give you an unplanded stiffy

I used to think the UK plugs were great, solid things - until you travel a bit and realise that nearly every other country has a smaller, more mobile plug as well as a design, which means left on the floor, it doesn't sit with prongs facing upwards. One of the most painful things is standing on one of those bastards - usually while fumbling your way to the bog in the middle of the night and usually conected to the Missus hairdryer...

Me: "Ahhhhh, jeeesssuuuussss fuuuuucccckkkiiinnnggggg Chhhhhrrriiisssstttttt - Owwwwwwww"

Her: "Will you keep it down, you've woken me up and you'll wake the kids"

Me (in my head) "Then stop leaving your shite all over the bedroom floor then you untidy bastard!!!!"

Me (actual) "Yes, sorry dear"

Baldrick

30 amp ring main, and give me a good old British designed 3 pin plug over the rest of the crap that the world uses, when you plug that in, you know it's staying in, plus you know it's earthed properly, here in Thailand the 2 pin plug system is a fuckin' nightmare, I've lost count of the number of times my dog has 'unplugged' my PC.

If I decide to build another house here, I'll be flying in my brother ( a sparky ), to wire it up, with all sockets and circuit box imported from the UK :lol:

KBH

Generally speaking, all household plugs here are 15 amps except the kitchen receptacles which are 20. 30 and up are for 240v breakers.

I'm not an electrician but I've done a lot of electrical work and actually worked for an electrician part time for quite a few years and don't recall seeing a 30 amp breaker on a 110v circuit.

I really don't like working on 20 amp circuits because the wire gauge is so thick and hard to manipulate. Plus, it will really bite your ass. I'll work on live 15 amp circuits but will usually turn off a 20 amp circuit before getting into it. 240v always gets turned off at the breaker.

Also 3 pin is now mandatory here. The ground wire is the most important of the three.

Baldrick

I've always found it best not to work on any 'live' circuits, it messes your hair up terribly, leaving you with that Stan Laurel look, not sexy, break the circuit at all times :lol:

pollux1

A sparky out there will shoot me down, but i belive you go up to 30amp fuses over there as well as 120V - therefore 3,600 WATTS

The UK is slightly less at 240V and 13amps (Although cookers and stuff may be more) So 240v x 13Amps 3,120 Watts

Either way, not usually enough to kill you, but perhaps give you an unplanded stiffy

I used to think the UK plugs were great, solid things - until you travel a bit and realise that nearly every other country has a smaller, more mobile plug as well as a design, which means left on the floor, it doesn't sit with prongs facing upwards. One of the most painful things is standing on one of those bastards - usually while fumbling your way to the bog in the middle of the night and usually conected to the Missus hairdryer...

Me: "Ahhhhh, jeeesssuuuussss fuuuuucccckkkiiinnnggggg Chhhhhrrriiisssstttttt - Owwwwwwww"

Me (in my head) "Then stop leaving your shite all over the bedroom floor then you untidy bastard!!!!"

:lol:

Vector

:)

Edited by w4rdee

U.S. Customs Service

///item intercept///

/// end action ///

mulder

WTF???

pollux1
///item intercept///

/// end action ///

Isn't a rep mofo :rofl: