Sign in to follow this  
troy123

noob question - difference between asian and eta

troy123

Hi guys,

Im looking to get my first replica watch, and am thinking of submariner or gmt.

My question is regarding the asian movement replicas and the eta's. Ive been looking at a number of the trusted dealers, and the asian replicas are significantly cheaper than the eta ones - aside from the movement, are there any cosmetic differences between the two, eg build quality, materials, etc?

Also, regarding the gmt's, im looking at a pepsi version, but want one where the blue part of the bezel is light/faded as opposed to the normal navy look, which i cant stand. can anyone recommend a good gmt that fits this description (preferably asian movement!!)

KBH

When it comes to the new GMT's there aren't any real great reps that I'm aware of. BK was selling a pretty decent on but I think his source has dried up.

Although, IMO it's one watch where the Asian GMT movement is as good, if not better than the ETA/clones, which were never made to be a true GMT movement.

And as for the faded bezel, that's normally a mod done by either bleaching or sanding or other various methods. There may be aftermarket bezel inserts that would be closer to what you're looking for color wise. Maybe from an earlier model? Check out some of the sellers such as Watchmaterials, e-watchparts, etc.

Personally I'd go for a Sub or Sea Dweller.

troy123
When it comes to the new GMT's there aren't any real great reps that I'm aware of. BK was selling a pretty decent on but I think his source has dried up.

Although, IMO it's one watch where the Asian GMT movement is as good, if not better than the ETA/clones, which were never made to be a true GMT movement.

And as for the faded bezel, that's normally a mod done by either bleaching or sanding or other various methods. There may be aftermarket bezel inserts that would be closer to what you're looking for color wise. Maybe from an earlier model? Check out some of the sellers such as Watchmaterials, e-watchparts, etc.

Personally I'd go for a Sub or Sea Dweller.

lol i intend to have both!!

i currently have a 7s26 pepsi seiko diver and thats why i wanted the gmt first