Sign in to follow this  
RussP

Attention: Seiko and King Seiko Aficionados............

RussP

A female colleague of mine brought this watch into work today (as she knows that I'm pretty passionate about my watches) to seek my opinion on whether it is a collectors item, or a has-been from a bygone era:

16138899014_aabc889db8_b.jpg

I had not heard of this sub-brand of Seiko until this morning when she handed it to me.

From searching the interweb, I found conflicting opinions on the rarity and value of this time piece, so I thought I'd turn to the Seikoxperts on RWG for advice.

Over to the floor............

RussP

Here's another picture of the watch that apparently belonged to her (late) father in law and it has been sitting in a drawer for over 10 years since his passing:

16762393721_7eedf7c630_b.jpg

seclark007

King Seiko's were introduced by Taro Tanaka in the late 60's and had a run for about 7 years. Really good write up on them here, although not specifically the watch you have pictured.

Good luck with the research....

S

RussP

That's a very interesting link.

Thanks very much.

Russ.

Kleen™

Check out the Credors and prepare to have your mind blown on what Seiko is capable of achieving when they put their mindset to it...

RussP

I'm familiar with the Credor range.

This range is just something different.....................and so 70's that it makes me wanna dig out my platform shoes, frilly shirt with the long collars and white Travolta suit, completely with flares............ ;)

WatchDog21
I'm familiar with the Credor range. This range is just something different.....................and so 70's that it makes me wanna dig out my platform shoes, frilly shirt with the long collars and white Travolta suit, completely with flares............ ;)

Pictures please :giggle:

Mazz

Tbh try the Seiko citizen forum

RussP

Tbh try the Seiko citizen forum

I'm a member there too, but found nothing of any great substance, hence my inquiry here.

It doesn't matter that there's a lack of response considering this was a Japanese Market only model.

I'm taking it to an Antique Watch Dealer who is just dying to see it in the flesh.

seclark007

JDM's will almost always command a premium as they are in short supply globally.

It won't be valuable enough to retire on the proceeds of a sale, but hey, get it cleaned up and you have a winner on your hands...or, well, on your wrist :)