Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

OMG..This 288 is... Amazing..High Res Pics

ebzen02

$288 is just about what I would have paid with my dealer if I would have bought the rep strap.. So, I got me a pretty good deal and less than what the Cartel is selling them for. So far the dealer that broke the record was Torobravo about $360 with Gen croc, a pretty little watch carrier/box, and EMS-- no one will come close! He coincidently is sold out..lol!

PatronSaintofChainsaws
She got it today. And who's talking about "genuine" croco strap??? Where did you see a rep. dealer supply a watch with "genuine" strap??? Enlighten me, please.

Perhaps the confusion lies in what "genuine" refers to, ie genuine crocodile strap vs. genuine Panerai crocodile strap.

Silverspeed
$288 is just about what I would have paid with my dealer if I would have bought the rep strap.. So, I got me a pretty good deal and less than what the Cartel is selling them for. So far the dealer that broke the record was Torobravo about $360 with Gen croc, a pretty little watch carrier/box, and EMS-- no one will come close! He coincidently is sold out..lol!

Not quite........:lol:

Mine is en route

ebzen02

Not quite........:lol:

Mine is en route

Don't tell me it was cheaper..I am going to scream!!

ebzen02
She got it today. And who's talking about "genuine" croco strap??? Where did you see a rep. dealer supply a watch with "genuine" strap??? Enlighten me, please.

Perhaps the confusion lies in what "genuine" refers to, ie genuine crocodile strap vs. genuine Panerai crocodile strap.

All I know is that I used a none cartel vendor and I got a better price and quality product.. I am happy.. noff say'd

Silverspeed

Not quite........:)

Mine is en route

You can relax...it was $365 :lol:

ebzen02

Not quite........:)

Mine is en route

You can relax...it was $365 :lol:

LOL!! Can't wait to see your pics!! You will be impressed by it!

deja123

288ia.jpg

Gen 288 from local Dealer in Germany

Member X

Dammit, why am I poor...

... oh, that's right, because of you bastards making me spend all my money on bloody reps!! :lol: LOL

Luthier

Yeah, right... rep. dealers got a bunch of straps directly from Panerai. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Genuine croco leather - yes, probably, they eat crocodiles in restaurants, probably somebody had a lot of skin leftovers and made straps from it. But $106 for it? I doubt it. And, by the way, River is taiwanese dealer, and dropshipper.

But I'm 100% sure it's great watch, and you'll be happy with for a loooong time, it's really beautiful.

So, good luck.

ebzen02

BTW, this is one of those few watches you can probably walk into an AD and not get called out..so wear it with pride..

Del
This thing was built by either robots or master watch smiths.. Got it today and bought from River! River, BTW, is awesome!

The gen croc is worth every single penny!

On to the pics..

1ffab410.png

Hi ebzen02 - this photo would make a great wallpaper B). Fancy posting a 1280x1024 version in the wallpaper section?

Cheers ;)

ebzen02

Sure.. Will upload the pic today.

Del
Sure.. Will upload the pic today.

Top man - thanks!

KBH

By the way, the gen croc strap is actually South American Cayman. According to Joshua 8 straps per hide.

sconehead

...anyone had crown issues ie. rough screwing down?

re-8 straps per hide...including ass cuts?

KBH

Crown issue? Yes, the crown doesn't release the winding stem when screwing it down. Kind of annoying but tolerable. You got to be careful with it.

sconehead
Crown issue? Yes, the crown doesn't release the winding stem when screwing it down. Kind of annoying but tolerable. You got to be careful with it.

Robert mentioned he had a batch with this problem...that's why they haven't been listed...maybe a common fault methinks...

Del

So, does that mean it still winds as you screw the crown down? Surely that's not harmful to the movement?

sconehead

So, does that mean it still winds as you screw the crown down? Surely that's not harmful to the movement?

winding an A7750 too much isn't advisable...it wears one of the gears...

Del

winding an A7750 too much isn't advisable...it wears one of the gears...

Thanks mate. Better watch for this on mine when I eventually get it - hopefully it won't have that "characteristic" :giggle:.

KBH

You just have to wind it a few turns to get it going. Then wear and enjoy it. The fact that it sticks isn't the end of the world. Just be careful when you screw it down since, as on all Radiomir's, they are known for having shitty crown and tubes.

omgitshorton

Well, looks like it is time for my first pam, simply stunning.

dingle
Well, looks like it is time for my first pam, simply stunning.

great rep it is. Welcome to the nuthouse :woo:

ebzen02

Welcome! Best 1 st Rep to buy..