Sign in to follow this  
Higs

Makara Sea Turtle

Higs

Would have been better if the supplied leather fit the case form like the AP ROO's but no biggie

Would consider having a custom strap made to fit more like the leather but not really sure how it would look in the end.

Watch this space...

torobravo

Very nice case, I like it

baxter

goddam this thread ordered one in the early hours of this morning :)

Jonnybaws

Insomnia induced watch orders.. we've all done it :giggle:

I must say, on the rubber it looks very nice!

Chavezzito

Which one?

baxter

Which one?

i went with the black dial hawksbill sea turtle ... it was a bit of an impulse buy ( hopefully a good one ) after having an hour and a half phone conversation with Corv during which he convinced me that i needed to ruin myself and buy trinkets from Ali express, after spending a couple of hours on there putting cheap things in my shopping cart ( and buying that stingray bracelet that was on offer :facepalm: ) i guess i was in a spending mood :lol:

Chavezzito

Which one?

i went with the black dial hawksbill sea turtle ... it was a bit of an impulse buy ( hopefully a good one ) after having an hour and a half phone conversation with Corv during which he convinced me that i needed to ruin myself and buy trinkets from Ali express, after spending a couple of hours on there putting cheap things in my shopping cart ( and buying that stingray bracelet that was on offer :facepalm: ) i guess i was in a spending mood :lol:

What stingray bracelet?

That's all I read of all of what you wrote :lol:

Mike on a bike

Very nice gents , thinking Hig's dial color w/ Umpa's strap choice for me.

Chavezzito

Wohooo!!

Just arrived!!

6cfb99045e2286cce4ccf925dd1d577d.jpg

e7244ea7a9483153fdbfbdccc077b655.jpg

The back is so cool!

b3ab20e5cc2e84608d00a4d365d9ae6a.jpg

KarmaToBurn

Nice. Here's my Maroon Hawksbill. My first bronze watch but it may push me towards picking up a Bronzo. Looking forward to letting the patina develop on its own.

Sea%20Turtle-3.jpg

Wriggles

Just collected mine.

IMG_20150316_123551_zpsnz9p0xd3.jpg

IMG_20150316_123601_zps8ces0dze.jpg

Haven't changed the strap to one of the rubbers, the leathers actually nice and supple. And the Maroon rubber is quite dark so might actually be fine to wear.

However it'll be a while before I get to wear it as there's something wrong with the stem, I can pull it to the time setting but it won't re-engage. The only way to get it to re-engage is to screw it down and eventually it does but by that point the time is set to some random time ahead. So something wrong with the stem length I suspect

WTF. Over 20 reps with zero issues, one of my handful of gens and it's a bust from day one. What a pisser.

Time to get onto Nadim!

UmpaHimself

:lol: nice.

b3ab20e5cc2e84608d00a4d365d9ae6a.jpg

Yeah, the back is definitely sweet and glad they changed the crown too. It was originally just going to be an "M" but that swirl logo is way cooler and should develop some nice patina.

Nice. Here's my Maroon Hawksbill. My first bronze watch but it may push me towards picking up a Bronzo. Looking forward to letting the patina develop on its own.

Sea%20Turtle-3.jpg

Wow that maroon actually looks pretty sweet. Might have been the way to go now that I am looking at it, I wanted a teal watch though so I won't sweat it. Nice shot as usual! Was not expecting this turnout on our forum. Makes me not have the urge to post at Watchuseek :lmao:

Bash64

Well... I see I now have another one to add to the list. I really like all of these and I do not yet have anything Bronze. I assume the lume is awesome as most boutique offerings these days?

Interesting you all went with the unmarked bezel (my choice also, I think).

Wriggles
Well... I see I now have another one to add to the list. I really like all of these and I do not yet have anything Bronze. I assume the lume is awesome as most boutique offerings these days?

Theres no marked bezel for the Sea turtle you're probably confusing it with the Octopus which is a completely different model and the production run on that is finished - at least for now

plankton

Love the bronzos

Mike on a bike

More confusion like them all.........fool.gif.......... Wow everyone has one but me, this will not due!!! hammer.gif

Wear in good health all. inverted.gif

Bash64

Theres no marked bezel for the Sea turtle you're probably confusing it with the Octopus which is a completely different model and the production run on that is finished - at least for now

Yeah, I realize it is named a different model, but still same watch - variations on a theme.

baxter

How long did it take for you guys to receive your watches after you paid ?

Higs

About 5 months.

Chavezzito

As Higs say´s 5 months but we paid as it was being made.

baxter

Just had a mail - on its way :)

Chavezzito

Just had a mail - on its way :)

Coolio!

Wriggles

After informing Nadim about my issue with the stem the response I received was that this is not a fault but a "quirk" of the NH35A....it was suggested I put some lateral and horizontal pressure on the crown when pushing in the stem. So, push down and in. Also, it needs some "breaking in". There was also mention of this being discussed on WUS.

Now, owning a Gerlach Navigator with the same movement and not having any of this problem with it, and also searching WUS and finding nada about this it sounds to me like I'm getting a bit of a fob off. Not something I'm impressed with. To be honest anytime someone tells me that this is "breaking in" of a movement my BS alarm screams in my head. I'm not movement expert but I've been around the block enough times to know how to push in a stem and screw down a crown.

Anyone else with a Sea Turtle have anything even resembling this on their watch?

Chavezzito
After informing Nadim about my issue with the stem the response I received was that this is not a fault but a "quirk" of the NH35A....it was suggested I put some lateral and horizontal pressure on the crown when pushing in the stem. So, push down and in. Also, it needs some "breaking in". There was also mention of this being discussed on WUS.

Now, owning a Gerlach Navigator with the same movement and not having any of this problem with it, and also searching WUS and finding nada about this it sounds to me like I'm getting a bit of a fob off. Not something I'm impressed with. To be honest anytime someone tells me that this is "breaking in" of a movement my BS alarm screams in my head. I'm not movement expert but I've been around the block enough times to know how to push in a stem and screw down a crown.

Anyone else with a Sea Turtle have anything even resembling this on their watch?

No problems with mine but they have guarantee right?

It's a fault on a new watch, I would just let him know that he would be receiving it back soon.

Wriggles

No problems with mine but they have guarantee right?

It's a fault on a new watch, I would just let him know that he would be receiving it back soon.

Which is what I would have expected to be the response, guarantee so send it back. Therefore my surprise at the response I did get.

Now I'm wondering if I send it back will I just get the same one back and the same line of it's " a quirk of the NH35A" and end up with the same watch and 50 or 60dollars out of pocket on shipping.